more Emira Art - this time DV....

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
    Featured
Excellent work, first class! Right up there with any famous artist.

I looked up Kenton's work and I can see a lot of Hopper's influence in there. His stuff reminds me a lot of the fabulous travel posters of the 1930's. That kind of impressionist style was very popular.

View attachment 4668

View attachment 4669

Maxfield Parrish was another who was famous for that type of work. He did a lot of magazine covers as well as individual art pieces, Daybreak being one of his most famous. His works were more classical than impressionist, but he was an earlier painter, around the turn of the century.

View attachment 4670
More great art to admire, thank you! I'm a sucker for a British Railways poster, they are just so evocative and stylish.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Fantastic, you are very talented :) can't wait to see a Magma Red one......
I'm looking forward to Magma and the comments I've read on here recently suggest it will be stunning. Thank you for the encouragement 👊

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I would love a print of this painting when they’re available. Really stunning work
Great to see another new member on board!

Thanks for your kind comments on my Emira painting, I'll keep everyone on here posted on publishing plans, I'll be starting on another 2 FE colours painted in tandem very soon - from your avatar you look like a a DV guy like me so you're already catered for!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another vote for Seneca next :cool: Possibly a tricky one as the colour seems to vary so much depending on lighting?
I have every confidence that @eclat2emira can pull it off. On the difficulty scale, DV would have been a 10, with Seneca probably an 8, and he totally nailed Dark Verdant!

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Another vote for Seneca next :cool: Possibly a tricky one as the colour seems to vary so much depending on lighting?
The key with Seneca will be to decide which light condition it is in and stick to it. This will be based on the sunlight setting in the Lotus config as this is what I've used for the others and is how each colour is seen at its best, which is always the aim (rarely does anyone sit for a portrait looking sub-par!)

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The key with Seneca will be to decide which light condition it is in and stick to it. This will be based on the sunlight setting in the Lotus config as this is what I've used for the others and is how each colour is seen at its best, which is always the aim (rarely does anyone sit for a portrait looking sub-par!)
I had another look at the colours on the configurator last week after visiting the factory and seeing several colours outside on a sunny day, and wasn't too convinced on the accuracy of the sunlight renderings. They all seem a bit too light to me, Magma and Seneca in particular. Then again, perhaps they based the configurator on California sun rather than UK sun :)

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had another look at the colours on the configurator last week after visiting the factory and seeing several colours outside on a sunny day, and wasn't too convinced on the accuracy of the sunlight renderings. They all seem a bit too light to me, Magma and Seneca in particular. Then again, perhaps they based the configurator on California sun rather than UK sun :)
That is my sense too. The "daylight" option seems to be most realistic to me.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That Seneca is a shape-shifting scarlet pimpernel of a colour!

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That Seneca is a shape-shifting scarlet pimpernel of a colour!
Indeed! Even after seeing it at the factory and looking at loads of Seneca photos I'm still not sure what the colour will be like when it is sitting on my drive.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
LOL Scarlet Pimpernel... I haven't read that in ages. I wonder how many Americans even know who that is? Such a difference between the TV/media culture of today versus a culture that reads classic literature. I will always though, think of the Warner Bros cartoon (I think it was Sylvester pussycat) who in one scene announces himself as the Scarlet Pumpernickel.

Man.... I haven't thought of that name in decades.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
LOL Scarlet Pimpernel... I haven't read that in ages. I wonder how many Americans even know who that is? Such a difference between the TV/media culture of today versus a culture that reads classic literature. I will always though, think of the Warner Bros cartoon (I think it was Sylvester pussycat) who in one scene announces himself as the Scarlet Pumpernickel.

Man.... I haven't thought of that name in decades.
They seek him here, they seek him there!

Yes, Sylvester was indeed the Scarlet Pumpernickel. (or was he........!)