more Emira Art - this time DV....

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
...couldn't resist getting this cant rail painted tonight to see how the light catching the DV makes it pop. Nearly 23:00 UK time, time to clean and put away the brushes!
20220405_225232.jpg

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am just blown away! When I saw the first post I assumed it was a digital print.

You actually paint that... WOW!

You've got me wondering what my talent is...I'm pretty handy with a chopsaw and drill! But nobody's jaw drops when they see my work👍

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am just blown away! When I saw the first post I assumed it was a digital print.

You actually paint that... WOW!

You've got me wondering what my talent is...I'm pretty handy with a chopsaw and drill! But nobody's jaw drops when they see my work👍
Thanks, that's really nice to hear. I think we all have at least one jaw-dropping superpower - the key is finding what yours is!

The first image you saw may have indeed have been my digital print of the composition as the painting is not finished yet....

But hopefully you can see from the work in progress that that digital image is being faithfully reproduced in paint. Aside from the addition of the background, simple though it is, there will be a sharpness, richness of colour and definition to each of these six 1st edition works when complete that no photographic blow up would achieve.

For those who are interested, I will then be selling a limited run of signed and numbered high-resolution Giclee prints (fully colourfast ink for longevity) on fine art paper. Sizes likely to be:

36" x 36" (915mm x 915mm) - 1:1 scale with the original
24" x 24" (610mm x 610mm) - 2/3 size of the original
and possibly
18" x 18" (458mm x 458mm) - 1/2 size of the original

More progress shots will be posted tonight, probably that lovely rear haunch.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
@eclat2emira your artwork is amazing. I love the Lancia painting.
Might be one of the most uplifting posts on here :) :)
So glad you like the Lancia - a lot went into that one. I could not have executed it to that standard if I had not spent my first 10 working years as a signwriter - getting the lettering and the logos of the livery spot on is vital when you have cars with sponsors' branding - can detract from an otherwise well executed piece.

As with the DV Emira painting, it's the reflections that really bring this one to life.

Delighted to have uplifted! 😁

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks, that's really nice to hear. I think we all have at least one jaw-dropping superpower - the key is finding what yours is!

The first image you saw may have indeed have been my digital print of the composition as the painting is not finished yet....

But hopefully you can see from the work in progress that that digital image is being faithfully reproduced in paint. Aside from the addition of the background, simple though it is, there will be a sharpness, richness of colour and definition to each of these six 1st edition works when complete that no photographic blow up would achieve.

For those who are interested, I will then be selling a limited run of signed and numbered high-resolution Giclee prints (fully colourfast ink for longevity) on fine art paper. Sizes likely to be:

and possibly

I may well be interested! I just have to first decide what colour car I am getting!!!

G

Guest142

My wife is an artist and used to make oil-based paintings of my cars for me (garage art), but she's stopped painting.

You do such great work... may I ask what it would cost to buy one of your paintings? PM me please! :)
I want one too. Serious. Remodeling my garage. Not playing. How much? DM me as well. Thank you.

G

Guest142

and possibly

I absolutely want a 36"x 36". Count me in. And thank you.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I may well be interested! I just have to first decide what colour car I am getting!!!
Brilliant - that is such an Emira comment and such an Emira Forum comment!:ROFLMAO: I hope I am making it easier for you not harder - and it will be a few months before all six are painted!

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
More to follow later tonight, just took a dive into the engine bay and knocked up a quick V6. Getting the slightly hazy under glass look can be tricky, happy with where this is at now. Engine bay side vent next - there is some lovely light and shade in that, so it should pop quite nicely.
20220406_193701.jpg

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That's enough for tonight, FE badge to be added along with a touch more zing to the highlights. Starting to take on more of a 3-dimensional form as I move from roof and engine cover down the flanks.
20220406_224644.jpg
20220406_224659.jpg

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Still a bit of work to do on the highlights but the top of the rear wing is nearly there. Looking forward to the side glazing as that will take about 10% of the time per square inch compared to the bit I've just done!
20220408_182839.jpg
20220408_185230.jpg
20220408_194358.jpg

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is OUTSTANDING. Really excellent work.

I plan to buy some full size prints from you once I get the garage finished. I'll PM you about it at a later date.

99Problems

Reaction score

and possibly

Please add me to the DM list for pricing. Really beautiful art work on your part...

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

and possibly

Add me too for the buying list. I want a copy.