Message from Matt Windle regarding Emira delays

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just a thought - But with markets taking a blow every week, the talk of a significant recession looming, the not 5/5 Emira reviews (Evo etc.), coupled with now additional delays - Do we think that perhaps lotus is noticing a significant/unusal drop in;

1. New Emira deposits after reviews (generally good reviews would bring more deposits - (Evo and Car told them to go buy a Porsche instead lol)
2. People not willing to wait requesting deposit back
3. People worried about spending on a sports car in this environment / increase in interest rates and requesting deposit back

I am happy that they came out and addressed the parts shortage will give add additional time. Almost expected. But it just seems the perfect storm is brewing. I know the longer we wait for our cars the more time you have to go online and perhaps purchase something else. Just a thought.

Lotus strikes me as more of a reactive than proactive at this point. But honestly I could be completely wrong.

As for me......

View attachment 6569
You could substitute Porsche for Lotus and ask the same questions……"..you can’t get delivery dates on 911, 716, Macanese etc

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just a thought - But with markets taking a blow every week, the talk of a significant recession looming, the not 5/5 Emira reviews (Evo etc.), coupled with now additional delays - Do we think that perhaps lotus is noticing a significant/unusal drop in;

1. New Emira deposits after reviews (generally good reviews would bring more deposits - (Evo and Car told them to go buy a Porsche instead lol)
3. People worried about spending on a sports car in this environment / increase in interest rates and requesting deposit back

I am happy that they came out and addressed the parts shortage will give add additional time. Almost expected. But it just seems the perfect storm is brewing. I know the longer we wait for our cars the more time you have to go online and perhaps purchase something else. Just a thought.

Lotus strikes me as more of a reactive than proactive at this point. But honestly I could be completely wrong.

As for me......

View attachment 6569
Despite the fact that the show in general has gone downhill of late, I still think that what Chris Harris says about the car on Sunday will have an impact on deposits

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes what Chris Harris says may stir some more deposits but a recession inflation increased borrowing cost job losses and your property value going down will probably cancell them out.

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Funny some conversation on here last year about financing the purchase of there emira lots of people saying how keeping the money invested will pay for the 🚗 funny how things change.
OK don't depress me 😅
I will be financing now.....

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

As for me......

View attachment 6569
Go try buy a Porsche. We are off back to the stealer on Monday to order two more with nearly 2 years left to run on these.....
🤷‍♂️

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Funny some conversation on here last year about financing the purchase of there emira lots of people saying how keeping the money invested will pay for the 🚗 funny how things change.
I bought 2 properties in the last 14 months and made £80k so far , plus a decent monthly return which is enough to cover the emira once delivered
I will Allways finance my cars and invest my money in property 👌🏽Letting my assets pay for my depreciating liabilities 👌🏽

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I bought 2 properties in the last 14 months and made £80k so far , plus a decent monthly return which is enough to cover the emira once delivered
I will Allways finance my cars and invest my money in property 👌🏽Letting my assets pay for my depreciating liabilities 👌🏽
If only we all had a crystal ball there would be no world poverty :)

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If only we all had a crystal ball there would be no world poverty :)
I just look back at different investments through the years and for me property has allways been consistent , it goes up it goes down it Plato’s … as long as you hold and song do anything silly then it will
Be fine., might take a year or two to come back but it will .
Picking where to invest and making the money on the purchase is how I’ve done ok.
I’m only 35 and the money I have around me has to be invested wisely or it may take years to get back .
The whole crypto , trading world is to volatile for me so I stay away from it personally .
But has done people well in the past so fair play if that’s your thing .
For me I like to keep it simple 🤣👌🏽 Like they say , “can’t go wrong with bricks and mortar “

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you have been lucky (or skilful if you prefer). Last time I checked this was an Emira forum not an investment advisory one. It is very risky for anyone to invest perpetually in just one asset class...even property. All asset classes can go down in value as well as up (just ask current tech and crypto investors). The first property I bought in London back in 1994 I managed to get for 20% of what it had originally been priced up at just a few years previously. All investments go through cycles. Just saying to all please don't take investment advice from any of us on here, no matter how well intended.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry everyone, didn't mean to de-rail the thread into investment chat lol! Was just referring to delivery delay's and future deposits. I think Matt realizes what the next 12 months holds for lotus and even beyond manufacturing the vehicles and QC. I think they will hold the Emira into a very attractive price for the Base V6/i4. Now future models GT/S/Cup they may see a more significant increase. I don't think they can count on the Emira being an absolute success until it's been in the hands of owners for 12 months +, then they will know real world quality. (major issues, recalls etc.) Until that's all sorted and has a track record for reliability, I can see a bigger bump in price in 2024+

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Sorry everyone, didn't mean to de-rail the thread into investment chat lol! Was just referring to delivery delay's and future deposits. I think Matt realizes what the next 12 months holds for lotus and even beyond manufacturing the vehicles and QC. I think they will hold the Emira into a very attractive price for the Base V6/i4. Now future models GT/S/Cup they may see a more significant increase. I don't think they can count on the Emira being an absolute success until it's been in the hands of owners for 12 months +, then they will know real world quality. (major issues, recalls etc.) Until that's all sorted and has a track record for reliability, I can see a bigger bump in price in 2024+
It's very valid
We have probably exhausted it now tho 😁

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I just look back at different investments through the years and for me property has allways been consistent , it goes up it goes down it Plato’s … as long as you hold and song do anything silly then it will
Be fine., might take a year or two to come back but it will .
Picking where to invest and making the money on the purchase is how I’ve done ok.
I’m only 35 and the money I have around me has to be invested wisely or it may take years to get back .
The whole crypto , trading world is to volatile for me so I stay away from it personally .
But has done people well in the past so fair play if that’s your thing .
For me I like to keep it simple 🤣👌🏽 Like they say , “can’t go wrong with bricks and mortar “
I'd agree with you even though I've took risks, and failed, in the stock market. Property is where it's at.