Manual shifting improvements

PaulMc

Reaction score
On a related note, the Emira does NOT come with auto throttle blip does it? I'm coming from Nissan 370Z which does have this; so I assume I'm going to have to develop my heel & toe skills or add aftermarket mod.
Jubu does offer an engine ecu offering auto blip for the Emira V6 as well as opening up full mapping flexibility

OP
C

crashprash

Reaction score
Received the Aerie short shift kit

Attachments

• PXL_20240215_225431417.jpg
    PXL_20240215_225431417.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 74

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Received the Aerie short shift kit
When are you installing it Crasprash?

It would be great if you get the chance to post a few pics and instructions on the installation before your review after driving with it fitted. 👍🏻

OP
C

crashprash

Reaction score
When are you installing it Crasprash?

It would be great if you get the chance to post a few pics and instructions on the installation before your review after driving with it fitted. 👍🏻
Just waiting on my Lotus dealer to come back with install costs and availability. Aerie have a install guide on their site

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That was a Senna thing, several references to it out there, very odd and hard to see how it worked but he certainly made it work for him.

Interesting analysis here

Cool video, thanks. I like his explanation about turbo cars and also ABS. Feels to me that was his technique to quickly and consistently find the edge of grip coming out of turns while not upsetting the car (as he states) due to the rapid blipping. Fascinating as I would never think to do this. Still sad he died.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Got the aerie short shifter and powerflex gearbox mount inserts fitted today. Probably one of the best mods. Completely changes the shifter feel - almost as good as a Honda
Hmm - I love Honda shifts especially the s2000. But even civics and others were great.

Coreyalert3

Reaction score
Got the aerie short shifter and powerflex gearbox mount inserts fitted today. Probably one of the best mods. Completely changes the shifter feel - almost as good as a Honda

I have these on order too to test out. Which helped the most and what stiffness did you go with on the mount inserts? How's the NVH at idle and while driving?

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am correct in thinking the short shift improves the gearbox change but not the mounts?

OP
C

crashprash

Reaction score
I have these on order too to test out. Which helped the most and what stiffness did you go with on the mount inserts? How's the NVH at idle and while driving?
Got powerflex yellow inserts. Didn't notice any difference to NVH at idle or driving but got an exhaust at the same time so that overpowers everything else

OP
C

crashprash

Reaction score
Should also add that the dealer mentioned that the crossgate cable end that Aerie provides does not fit for the Emira. I believe this was designed for the Evora/Exige. The install guide does say this is optional though. Would be nice if Aerie changed this part to suit the Emira

BobbyG

Reaction score
Should also add that the dealer mentioned that the crossgate cable end that Aerie provides does not fit for the Emira. I believe this was designed for the Evora/Exige. The install guide does say this is optional though. Would be nice if Aerie changed this part to suit the Emira
I have this kit on order as well.

I’m sure Aerie will see this post and provide an update