Magma Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Stino

Reaction score
Mine comes with BP, Magma, Yellow Cal., Diamond Cut wheels. And as you say, Red goes perfect with the yellow cal. normally. My only concern was/is that the red could be too classy, elegant, dark, burgundy that it does not fit perfectly to the obvious sporty yellow contrast.

The thing with magma is that it looks so different in each light/weather condition…

However, I am still 90% convinced by that red/yellow combination :)

MYLASTICE

Reaction score
If you look in the magma go to end of thread there is a photo just today ish red, red n re
Welcome to the forum. You’ll love the Evora drive.

The red calipers are a gloss dark red and don’t match the Magma Red paint. The reasoning from Lotus is that calipers should be a contrast to the body rather than a match. So red calipers with yellow body, yellow callipers with blue body etc. Not everyone agrees, but that’s what they’re offering.
Thank you, and thank you for answering the question. Keep in mind I haven’t visited the dealer yet, just been reading the forums. It is really hard to get a gauge on the coloring for the breaks and all the other colours in general. I cannot decide between, red, yellow and Black breaks. I had a red interior with my Audi TTS and loved it. I don’t envy people with the FE cars picking from a website. Brave people.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agreed, and black pack in my opinion - will post a picture when I get mine
You mean something like this? ;) Can't wait for this to be sitting in my driveway!
1663113937995.png

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m hopeful that once the dealer demo cars finally arrive there will be photos of a Magma / yellow caliper combo. (mine will have tan interior, no blackpack, and expecting it to get confused with a Ferrari often!)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
That lack of bonnet gap...

Ugh.. I'm just waiting for production cars to have all different sized gaps and quality experiences. I am more than a little worried about this car being built by a totally new crew and in a totally new factory. It seems like there are a lot of younger lotus employees working the assembly line. I'm trying to stay positive, but this is probably the most risky purchase of my life.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ugh.. I'm just waiting for production cars to have all different sized gaps and quality experiences. I am more than a little worried about this car being built by a totally new crew and in a totally new factory. It seems like there are a lot of younger lotus employees working the assembly line. I'm trying to stay positive, but this is probably the most risky purchase of my life.
It's just all over the place isn't it?

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Another 2 photos of the same car, posted by the same dealership. I still can't figure out why Magma Red varies SO MUCH between photographs — Is it the particular photographer / uploader jacking up the colours & contrast? Is it the direct sunlight making the colour "pop" more? 🤔

The first photo seems more accurate, the 2nd photo seems like one of the "overly-processed" versions that we've seen over and over this past year.

306857146_832523501236336_4545777503575397006_n.jpg

Source: Instagram

305680395_1804826756535209_4438027020587156380_n.jpg

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another 2 photos of the same car, posted by the same dealership. I still can't figure out why Magma Red varies SO MUCH between photographs — Is it the particular photographer / uploader jacking up the colours & contrast? Is it the direct sunlight making the colour "pop" more? 🤔

The first photo seems more accurate, the 2nd photo seems like one of the "overly-processed" versions that we've seen over and over this past year.

View attachment 8873

View attachment 8874
Top photo definitely more accurate. Magma red is not as bright as the other picture

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Magma responds to different light conditions and different angles on the car. Here is a photo I took at Goodwood. People will comment on camera saturation and other such things, but that looks pretty much as I saw it. (Although I don’t remember it parked on its side, camera effect!)

Attachments

• 5B88F300-66A2-4585-AC31-FB730060A975.jpeg
    5B88F300-66A2-4585-AC31-FB730060A975.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 7BABC47F-1052-4632-A8BB-C2B965F772DF.jpeg
    7BABC47F-1052-4632-A8BB-C2B965F772DF.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 162

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Magma responds to different light conditions and different angles on the car. Here is a photo I took at Goodwood. People will comment on camera saturation and other such things, but that looks pretty much as I saw it. (Although I don’t remember it parked on its side, camera effect!)

Geez… no doubt I’ll stay confused until I pick up my own car!

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The more that I see it, the more that I like it and I'm happy with my choice. I think in the sun it's really going to look spectacular.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

View attachment 8873

View attachment 8874
I'll take 5,000 more photos of this car please.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From Milan in Italy. Source: iamlotuselise on Instagram.

Magma looking stunning at night.

I believe this is Elisa Artioli, the grand-daughter of Romano Artioli, owner of Lotus Cars at the time of the Elise launch. The Elise was named after her. She is now a great Lotus brand ambassador.

780908EE-2307-47F1-8DED-85BF486FC79F.jpeg

Last edited: