Magma red in the wild

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was slightly surprised the metallic flake on the Magma wasn't quite as clear as I remember from seeing it on a car at the factory in January. But that was indoors under artificial light plus strong sunlight from a window, whereas Goodwood was overcast and some of the time parked up in a covered display stand.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was slightly surprised the metallic flake on the Magma wasn't quite as clear as I remember from seeing it on a car at the factory in January. But that was indoors under artificial light plus strong sunlight from a window, whereas Goodwood was overcast and some of the time parked up in a covered display stand.
Your observation aligns with what I saw when inspecting a Magma colour sample disc. I remember it having a very gentle/fine fleck that lights up nicely in the sun.

The most prominent flecked paints I remember were Nimbus and Shadow Grey, both which were still visibly metallic in overcast weather.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah I'm seeing almost zero flake here.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm seeing almost zero flake here.

I'm not convinced the sample discs we originally saw were the actual FE colors. Didn't the DV disc actually say Empire Green on the back? And then it mysteriously disappeared...

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yesterday was overcast with some sunny periods. Magma was mean and moody in the shade and really popped when the sun hit it. My iPhone photos don’t really do it justice. One other observation from the photos, Emira has an eclectic group of admirers!

Attachments

• B764FE72-16DF-49B5-9E5D-A2D0E626A0EE.jpeg
    B764FE72-16DF-49B5-9E5D-A2D0E626A0EE.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 233
  • CA04CA0F-A17D-474B-9C10-6AC05AA3BAC4.jpeg
    CA04CA0F-A17D-474B-9C10-6AC05AA3BAC4.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 236

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah, I think the colour disks were totally wrong, for Magma at least. When I saw this disk in Melbourne I was sure I’d made a bad choice.
Here's a shot of I took of the Magma disc that came to the US. It may have been the same one you saw. This is under mixed light (warm white interior fluorescent from the left, daylight from the right). Under direct sunlight the warm tones reduced significantly and it picked up more of the silver in the flake.

1656210046028.jpeg

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I managed to sit in BUP last week at the Taste of Lotus at Hethel, sadly it was inside, but the ice grey looked amazing.

The red really needs to be in the sun to pop, in that way it's similar to our Zeal Red NC MX5, (Miata) although that has copper undertones
20220723_094711.jpg
20220616_105754.jpg

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I managed to sit in BUP last week at the Taste of Lotus at Hethel, sadly it was inside, but the ice grey looked amazing.

The red really needs to be in the sun to pop, in that way it's similar to our Zeal Red NC MX5, (Miata) although that has copper undertonesView attachment 7814View attachment 7816
MAN that spec is tempting!!! If Magma Red wasn't so all over the map in every photograph then I'd seriously consider changing my order!