Magma red in the wild

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi @Rob Borrett , thank you for joining and welcome to the forum! Most of us here are well behaved and please excuse the ones who are not. šŸ˜‰

It would be great to have you participate here ongoing moving forward. Our growing global Emira community would greatly benefit from having a direct conduit to Lotus!

You may have observed from reading various threads that many issues, frustrations and concerns stem from a general lack of comms and information filtering through, so some help in this regard would be absolutely fantastic!

Agreed 100000% - It's fantastic to have you here @Rob Borrett - Many of us have been let down by Lotus comms this past year (especially as a US early deposit holder) and were trying hard to stay positive about the Emira. I hope more Lotus staff is active on these forums and sincerely listens to us enthusiasts and it makes some sort of positive impact on the Emira's future. We all want it to be a huge success!

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Magna red with grey interior is at a Ketteringham hall car show right now, Not too far from Hethel

My friend who is there is trying to find the guy who brought the car, So we can catch some videos of the car in action. Looks to be the same car in the Harryā€™s garage video

Apparently the grey interior looks amazing, which is what I opted for
Any chance you have any more pics that aren't screenshots of a photo of the car? :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Another pic of BUP from yesterday, with Scott Walker and his yellow S1 Esprit:

Magma BUP at Ketteringham Scott Walker (Bibs TLF).jpg

Pic: Bibs @ TLF

captbalon

Reaction score
Oh man the Magma looks good I want a Magma one now boo boo šŸ„“ ( it was a 50:50 chance of me changing my mind ) I donā€™t see any of that maroon / burgundy tone that I was concerned about argh
I don't even know which to go for. The magma or the blue. They both look AWESOME!!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looks fantastic!
Scott had one of the other press cars for the weekend and said ā€œit is fantastic - I really want to get one nowā€. OK, he works for Lotus but he owns an S1 Esprit, an S1 Elise, has driven every model of Lotus car and is now trying to work out how to buy an Emira of his own.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What was the general consensus on those that saw magma today?
People keep saying "there's no bad colour". First time I've been able to see anything other than Seneca in the flesh. Honestly, those people are right, the 4 they had today, Seneca, Magma, Nimbus and Hethel, were all phenomenal. In the flesh, on that body, those lines, none of the FE colours (pending actually seeing more of DV...) look bad. Magma has a special ability to draw your eye and attention. Really suits the car, especially with the dark alloys! Some real depth to the metallic flake. Again I'm reiterating what I've said in the Nimbus forum; no one with magma will be disappointed!

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
People keep saying "there's no bad colour". First time I've been able to see anything other than Seneca in the flesh. Honestly, those people are right, the 4 they had today, Seneca, Magma, Nimbus and Hethel, were all phenomenal. In the flesh, on that body, those lines, none of the FE colours (pending actually seeing more of DV...) look bad. Magma has a special ability to draw your eye and attention. Really suits the car, especially with the dark alloys! Some real depth to the metallic flake. Again I'm reiterating what I've said in the Nimbus forum; no one with magma will be disappointed!
Thanks for your perspective! By any chance do you have any additional pics that you can share? (particularly one up close exhibiting the metallic flake)

DenzilP

Reaction score
Thanks for your perspective! By any chance do you have any additional pics that you can share? (particularly one up close exhibiting the metallic flake)
Couldnā€™t really capture the flake as it was raining on and off yesterday, but here are a couple of close ups which I took yesterday. The wheel gap was good on all cars I saw yesterday.

Attachments

• 265D8B5C-4B2F-4465-848C-7AB4369200AA.jpeg
    265D8B5C-4B2F-4465-848C-7AB4369200AA.jpeg
    393.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 2C6910D6-0C11-4022-95D1-73B5138A055D.jpeg
    2C6910D6-0C11-4022-95D1-73B5138A055D.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 168

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Couldnā€™t really capture the flake as it was raining on and off yesterday, but here are a couple of close ups which I took yesterday. The wheel gap was good on all cars I saw yesterday.
no swearing "The wheel gap was good on all cars I saw yesterday." on this forum..... ;)