Lotus Type 132 electric SUV gets another teaser

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
lotus type 132 grille.jpeg

Back in August, Lotus laid out its product plans for the next few years. One of the most significant ones, and soonest to launch, is the Type 132, an electric SUV. A muddy silhouette was all we got with the product announcement, but now we get an up-close look at the SUV.

Unfortunately, this look is so close up that all we can see is the lower grille section. It's not a bad looking grille section, with divvied-up hexagonal openings. They even have active shutters that adjust for cooling or aerodynamics. But of course, there's not much else we can tell.

The Type 132 is slated to launch next year, so we won't have long to wait. It's one of four electric Lotus models that will launch in the next few years, not including the Evija supercar.

Source

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am all for it. I am actually warming up to the idea of EVs. Do I want one? No. Am I now open to at least looking at one? Yes.

Do I think Lotus will bring something unique? YES, can't wait. Can it tow a boat? Probably not. LOL

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have an EV yet either, but I'm also thinking an EV will replace my wife's SUV. She doesn't drive far to work and it's always our in town vehicle. I think it's starting to make sense. I've been following the Rivian R1S and looking forward to reviews when it finally comes out.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't have an EV yet either, but I'm also thinking an EV will replace my wife's SUV. She doesn't drive far to work and it's always our in town vehicle. I think it's starting to make sense. I've been following the Rivian R1S and looking forward to reviews when it finally comes out.
I am also thinking if/when I buy one will be for my wife's exclusive use.

She can plug it in everyday just to look at it, since she has no drivers license !!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That teaser suggests a decent bit of carbon fibre too. This is a previous teaser (on the left):

Screenshot-2021-08-31-at-10.40.12.jpg

I'm also looking at replacing my wife's SUV with an EV in the next year or so. For her a key factor is our older daughter being 240 miles away at university, so a few times a year we need to be able to get there on one charge. SUV EVs are breaking through that now and Lotus are suggesting 300+ miles for this one. Watching with interest.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
0 to 60 in 3 seconds for an EV SUV impressive.
I will put a deposit down as early as possible just to see where it goes.
View attachment 1201
0 to 60 in 3 seconds for an EV SUV impressive.
I will put a deposit down as early as possible just to see where it goes.
View attachment 1201View attachment 1200
Oops, I might have to swallow my words, and maybe ask my wife permission to take it for a spin.
They are really nailing it with the design, as on the Emira

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Imagine an EV Emira at sub 3 secs 0-60

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s coming. That’s the joint venture with Alpine for an EV sportscar.

• Love
Reactions: DJW

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
From the Lotus company update in April:

Electric sports car architecture

In January this year Lotus and Group Renault’s Alpine brand announced a new partnership. The Lotus Engineering consultancy is leading development work on a new vehicle platform – known internally as E-Sports – and from that will come new products for Lotus and Alpine.

Matt Windle commented: “The E-Sports architecture will be flexible and modular, and will generate an exciting new sports car for the Lotus brand, with contemporary styling, class-leading ride and handling, explosive performance and that unmistakable Lotus character – a pure dynamic experience that is ‘For The Drivers’. I have challenged our teams to target the same weight as our latest combustion engine sports cars.”

...and this more recently on the technical architecture:

Reactions: DJW

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
And today's bodily function-related teaser is "see":

This is a close up on the LIDAR, part of the Type 132's "intelligent drive" technologies.