• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus to float new EV division on stock market

Apologies if this has already been discussed. The article is from February 2022. I was thinking that in these uncertain economic times where would be a good place to invest. A luxury company that has already spent a huge amount bolstering their infrastructure sounds very tempting to me.

Lotus to float new EV division on stock market

Also curiously it has an artists impression of a 4 door 2+2 emira!

97-lotus-sports-car-render-by-autocar.jpg

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So annoying, Yahoo. He's the CFO, not the CEO.

Agreed

I also find it odd the strategy includes LVMH.
It’s also weird the promotional videos included the Evora GT and Exige and not the current models.

I’m not surprised he didn’t share the US Eletre sales numbers…

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agreed

I also find it odd the strategy includes LVMH.
It’s also weird the promotional videos included the Evora GT and Exige and not the current models.

I’m not surprised he didn’t share the US Eletre sales numbers…
The Eletre is also conspicuously absent from the CARB EO list.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So annoying, Yahoo. He's the CFO, not the CEO.
At least he was properly identified as CFO in the video.
Geely's IPO of Polestar on the Nasdaq this week
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/psny

and they're actually selling very good EVs, you know ones you can buy and drive.
i personally think that a ‘Lotusified’ version of the new Volvo EX-30 (with proper dials - analog looking digital ones like those in the recent Caterham prototype).in the hottest rear-wheel drive (only) version, and also lightened as much as possible. It should be re-engineered and suitably re-styled to become the entry Lotus utility vehicle. The EX-30 already seem to have a ‘fun-to-drive’ personality, and it isn’t a humongous, inefficient SUV like ‘you know what’.

Very ideallly a Lotus-version should have had two separate ‘in-the-wheel’ motors at the rear wheels only, and a sophisticated traction control system that functions as an advanced LSD. Front wheels should be untouched with an Emira-fashioned arrangement for sophisticated steering.

I certainly think that if Geely/Lotus could have pulled such a car out of ‘their hat’ - then Lotus aficionado would embrace the car, and great sales figures may follow.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Unfortunately the Achilles heel of the EX-30 is the Tesla style single placement “iPad” screen that controls everything, and even contains the speedometer, and all controls for the car must be done by touch & tap on this ‘Pad’. There is so much goodness in the overall car design, but this terrible driver’s interface destroys the overall experience.