Lotus Philadelphia coming 2023!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I just received confirmation from RDS Automotive Group that they are in the progress of opening a new Lotus dealership in the West Chester/Newtown Square, PA area. This is HUGE news for those of us who've been wanting something a little closer.

I ordered my Emira from Lotus of North Jersey in Summit, which is 2 hours away from me. This new dealer will be just 20 minutes away and opens next year! Summit has been great, but this news really eases my concerns about having services and warranty work done now. :D

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh goodie, now my service dealership is only 2 hours away instead of 4.

Half the travel time saved! Not bad... hopefully this means Lotus is serious about expanding the dealer network here in the states and we'll see more and more pop up these next few years.

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just received confirmation from RDS Automotive Group that they are in the progress of opening a new Lotus dealership in the West Chester/Newtown Square, PA area. This is HUGE news for those of us who've been wanting something a little closer.

I ordered my Emira from Lotus of North Jersey in Summit, which is 2 hours away from me. This new dealer will be just 20 minutes away and opens next year! Summit has been great, but this news really eases my concerns about having services and warranty work done now. :D
Great new!
4 Hour drive will be cut to 45 min. Has anyone dealt with any RDS franchises?

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Great new!
4 Hour drive will be cut to 45 min. Has anyone dealt with any RDS franchises?

I haven't personally dealt with RDS, but they have a fantastic reputation around here. They are very responsive and active in the local C&C meets. RDS McLaren actually just hosted a big event last weekend.

ZZ33

Reaction score
Great news!
Still hoping for a dealership to return to the MD/DC/VA region though - crazy market not to tap into!

d15b7

Reaction score

Hey VL3X - I’m in the exact same boat as you - I placed my order with North Jersey too, but I live just outside of Newark DE, so West Chester is MUCH closer to me than Summit NJ!! I’m so glad to hear about this happening!!

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey VL3X - I’m in the exact same boat as you - I placed my order with North Jersey too, but I live just outside of Newark DE, so West Chester is MUCH closer to me than Summit NJ!! I’m so glad to hear about this happening!!
Hey that's awesome! What's your spec and delivery date? Glad to hear they'll be another one in the area. Well two more actually since both me and my friend placed orders at the same time and we both live in Wilmington.

d15b7

Reaction score
Hey that's awesome! What's your spec and delivery date? Glad to hear they'll be another one in the area. Well two more actually since both me and my friend placed orders at the same time and we both live in Wilmington.
mine is V6 6sp manual, Dark Verdant, half black pack, tan interior, Sports Chassis, silver calipers and diamond cut wheels with Goodyear tires. I only just put my deposit down a month ago so I’m guessing maybe 3rd or 4th qtr of 2023 or so?

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
mine is V6 6sp manual, Dark Verdant, half black pack, tan interior, Sports Chassis, silver calipers and diamond cut wheels with Goodyear tires. I only just put my deposit down a month ago so I’m guessing maybe 3rd or 4th qtr of 2023 or so?

Nice! Late '23 sounds right. I'm told this November for mine, but I doubt it. Probably early' 23 at the best with all this delay talk.

I'm Seneca V6 manual sport with yellow accents and Alcantara and my buddy went with Magma and a similar spec w/red accents. It'll be great to get everyone together at some point.

d15b7

Reaction score
That’s great that we are all different colors! Yes we will definitely have to all get together sometime. This will be a street car for me to enjoy, but I do own a Super Seven Super Sport which I vintage race with VRG (so I’m a Lotus lover!!).

Attachments

• 56C4A7FD-F792-43ED-B04C-92840642E220.jpeg
    56C4A7FD-F792-43ED-B04C-92840642E220.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 15

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Great news!
Still hoping for a dealership to return to the MD/DC/VA region though - crazy market not to tap into!
Not too soon! Let me flex for a couple of years before bringing a dealer here that would then make Lotus a nightly sighting in Tysons. Speaking of which, someone owns a red Evora there. I saw him pulling out of one of the new high rise apartments.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread to talk about my fantastic experiences with Lotus of Philly so far. Since starting this thread I have cancelled my Emira order and picked up an Evora GT. I've also attended an Emira driving event at RDS Lotus and stopped in to meet the new team. Their service manager is a former Porsche tech and has since been well trained on Lotus. I got a tour of the new showroom, shop, and even got to see some BAC Mono Rs!

Anyway, I called them a few days ago to see about getting some Cup 2 tires mounted on my GT and inquire about some minor warranty work. Next thing I know, I had a driver and a chase vehicle at my house to pick up my car and tires free of charge! I just got the car back today and my winter tires were delivered all wrapped up and ready for storage (yes, I know it's almost September. I'm hoping to get a track day in before freezing temps). Suffice to say I'm really happy to have a Lotus dealer just 30 minutes away and RDS has always treated me well.

Here's a pic of my GT at their Supercar Saturday event a couple weeks ago:

20230729_100048.jpg

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bumping this thread to talk about my fantastic experiences with Lotus of Philly so far. Since starting this thread I have cancelled my Emira order and picked up an Evora GT. I've also attended an Emira driving event at RDS Lotus and stopped in to meet the new team. Their service manager is a former Porsche tech and has since been well trained on Lotus. I got a tour of the new showroom, shop, and even got to see some BAC Mono Rs!

Anyway, I called them a few days ago to see about getting some Cup 2 tires mounted on my GT and inquire about some minor warranty work. Next thing I know, I had a driver and a chase vehicle at my house to pick up my car and tires free of charge! I just got the car back today and my winter tires were delivered all wrapped up and ready for storage (yes, I know it's almost September. I'm hoping to get a track day in before freezing temps). Suffice to say I'm really happy to have a Lotus dealer just 30 minutes away and RDS has always treated me well.

Here's a pic of my GT at their Supercar Saturday event a couple weeks ago:

View attachment 30304
Good New!
Great looking Evora!

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You'd think as a depositor of an Emira they would have reached out to me with this information.