• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Lotus lettering on side sills in carpet

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve seen the cars are being delivered with Lotus uppercase lettering on the side sills on the carpet. How long is it lasting, do people like to maintain it? Is it done with a stencil and a brush or something else?

If there is demand I could create and share a STL file that people could 3D print (the stencil) to maintain the look.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's a stencil and a brush.

This area could benefit greatly from a side sill cover of some sort.

OP
robrmon

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's a stencil and a brush.

This area could benefit greatly from a side sill cover of some sort.
Yes, I thought the carpet is a bit underwhelming on my test drive. I like the Evora side sills, full leather with Union Jack plaques.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's done with a stencil and brush by the detailing team at Hethel for cars being collected from the factory. If you're very careful getting in and out of the car then it might last, but any accidental contact is going to spoil it. Would a stencil and a beard trimmer give you a more permanent version? 🪒

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, I thought the carpet is a bit underwhelming on my test drive. I like the Evora side sills, full leather with Union Jack plaques.
I would settle for something like this:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hidden in plain sight over a year ago was this...

An illuminated "tread plate" is coming! It will probably appear in base editions as an option and likely in carbon at some point as well. It will be interesting to see the Emira FE wiring diagram and whether the standard wiring harness includes connectivity for such illuminated tread plates. I would assume that all Emiras will have the same wiring harness for cost and manufacturing efficiency reasons.

It would have been the icing on the cake if this was included in First Edition cars but I guess we can't have everything at once!

tread-plate-illuminated.png

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just because it's on a designer's concept board doesn't mean that it's happening... There is also a knobless shifter on the board... Is that happening as well?
True, however it shows intent and that the designers are at least planning for it.