Lotus introduces ‘Lotus Chapman Bespoke’

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey John!

I actually did recently talk to a guy around Detroit that received his Emira and wants to link up sometime at a car meet. I'm not sure how many Emira's Lotus of Detroit has delivered, but the current list has about 40 other customers waiting for delivery. I don't have an order in yet as I haven't gotten to test drive the Emira. I'm also currently waiting for information on the Base, S, and R models before making a decision. Still, we can definitely plan to link up sometime once the weather improves!
ok.. nice..
I deposited back in oct 2022 in Toronto. Something like 200 on list. I'm about 160. Waiting for base configurator for now.

Blue Dude

Reaction score
Bespoke at Beijing Auto Show 2024.

Attachments

• Emira Bespoke 2.jpg
    Emira Bespoke 2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 96

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bespoke at Beijing Auto Show 2024.
Wait, so they are including the Emira in their bespoke program, or not?
I was told at the Lotus factory yesterday this program is for everything moving forward, EXCEPT the Emira. They will not be doing the Bespoke options on the Emira AT ALL.

Just wanted everyone to know.

Ryan G
^ this post said no bespoke Emiras.

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Can they make me an Emira Spider?
Many moons ago I worked at a place that was known for bespoke spider conversions. At the time most of our clientele were having us do Ferrari 400's, Ferrari Testarossa's, and Mercedes 600's. We also did a lot of 300ZX's and Honda CRX's. I guarantee you there is someone out there that will do this for you. All it takes is $$$. You just have to make sure they know what they are doing and reinforce the frame properly before they start cutting.

T6061

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Many moons ago I worked at a place that was known for bespoke spider conversions. At the time most of our clientele were having us do Ferrari 400's, Ferrari Testarossa's, and Mercedes 600's. We also did a lot of 300ZX's and Honda CRX's. I guarantee you there is someone out there that will do this for you. All it takes is $$$. You just have to make sure they know what they are doing and reinforce the frame properly before they start cutting.
R. Straman Co. by chance?

RyanGphoto

Reaction score

I was told when I was at Hethel that no Emira cars were getting the option for Bespoke.. They were no longer doing any PPF at the factory and weren't going to do Bespoke because it held up production too much.. This is coming from the sales people I spoke with at Hethel in March while I was there walking the production line.

KKC

Reaction score

Yes, emira is also including in the new bespoke program. It has been revealed at the recent Beijing Auto Show that the first model to be launched soon is the black gold emira based on the type79. And more options will be available later.
IMG_7924.jpg
12f7deb2be4a7abe37191f990d260bea.JPG

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, emira is also including in the new bespoke program. It has been revealed at the recent Beijing Auto Show that the first model to be launched soon is the black gold emira based on the type79. And more options will be available later.View attachment 42080View attachment 42081

These bespoke models look amazing....the design works with any configuration

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That type 79 is fire!

They were always going to offer the bespoke program to the Emira. It's the only reason lotus is still lotus. Looks like the Chinese leadership is starting to understand that the light weight sports cars and motor racing is actually something that matters to a companies heritage, instead of just flogging the Lotus name on EV's. Not that I have a problem with the EV's, just that they should properly fund Hethel to build the best cars they can, so that they can continue the lineage upon which the brand was built.

Probably won't be offered in N/A or Europe for another year after china.

KKC

Reaction score
That type 79 is fire!

They were always going to offer the bespoke program to the Emira. It's the only reason lotus is still lotus. Looks like the Chinese leadership is starting to understand that the light weight sports cars and motor racing is actually something that matters to a companies heritage, instead of just flogging the Lotus name on EV's. Not that I have a problem with the EV's, just that they should properly fund Hethel to build the best cars they can, so that they can continue the lineage upon which the brand was built.

Probably won't be offered in N/A or Europe for another year after china.
It is hard to say whether the bespoke program will be launched in NA in this year. But Europe has confirmed that it will be launched this year. The Lotus flagship store at 73 Piccadilly, London, UK already has content related to bespoke program. One more thing, the second emira image is the limited edition developed based on type56b.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
very interesting. im interested in hearing about what OEM carbon they have