Lotus FE colors

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Are they only going to be available only ib the FE? As in these colors will be retired once the batch of FE's are completed?

Are they only going to be available only ib the FE? As in these colors will be retired once the batch of FE's are completed?
I see that you are new here and can appreciate the question. However, if you search and read through older posts, probably every single question you have has either been answered or at least speculated about as many things we still don't know.

This is one that we still aren't 100% sure about. Definitely do some reading and see if you can get your questions answered. Welcome to the forum!

I see that you are new here and can appreciate the question. However, if you search and read through older posts, probably every single question you have has either been answered or at least speculated about as many things we still don't know.

This is one that we still aren't 100% sure about. Definitely do some reading and see if you can get your questions answered. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the reply, but the search function here is not that great and searching for that brought up many useless threads.

I think the answer may not be known yet, but I can ask my Lotus dealer, but seems people are are much more in tuned with specific questions such as this.

Thanks for the reply, but the search function here is not that great and searching for that brought up many useless threads.

I think the answer may not be known yet, but I can ask my Lotus dealer, but seems people are are much more in tuned with specific questions such as this.

You can definitely try asking your dealer, but it probably won't get you far. This information has not been released yet, so I like I said, nobody can answer this yet with 100% certainty. Seems I recall someone saying 2 FE colors would be dropped moving forward.

As to forum searches...no forum has a good search engine that I've found. You are better off going to Google and phrasing very simply what you want to know and follow it with Emira forum.

There is also a Lotus Forum with a very good Emira section if you weren't aware. Many people are members of both communities.

The answer is we don't know yet. They are premium paint colors, so if they are still available after the FE, they're going to cost extra. We're still waiting for more information about base models, colors and options, as well as costs. Hopefully we'll start seeing that sort of information next month when production begins.

The answer is we don't know yet. They are premium paint colors, so if they are still available after the FE, they're going to cost extra. We're still waiting for more information about base models, colors and options, as well as costs. Hopefully we'll start seeing that sort of information next month when production begins.
After specifying a configuration which included paint and missing out on an FE, losing out on the FE colors in a Base selection (or as an upcharge) is indeed salt in the wound for at least 2,300 depositors.
This seems to suggest a new pallette for FE i4 (or because of model year).

After specifying a configuration which included paint and missing out on an FE, losing out on the FE colors in a Base selection (or as an upcharge) is indeed salt in the wound for at least 2,300 depositors.
This seems to suggest a new pallette for FE i4 (or because of model year).
Well if you're ordering from a base model, that means you aren't paying for the FE bundle which may have had things you didn't want, but didn't have a choice. I know many said there were things they wouldn't have chosen in there. Premium paints always cost extra; everybody charges extra for them. Those are usually the exotic colors and/or metallics. Maybe you didn't want the KEF audio system (which probably isn't cheap) or the leather interior, which is also probably not cheap. The money you're saving there might allow you to get a premium paint color, and still be cheaper than an FE. Depends on what you want. It looks like there's going to be paint choices for the base models that FE customers don't get, so maybe you'll see something you'd rather have than an FE color.

If you wanted an FE and weren't in the allotment group, that truly sucks. I was fortunate to be right on the edge of the allotment of a dealer that got enough cars to have a few dropouts, so I'm now in, but I would have been seriously disappointed if that hadn't worked out. I even wrote a letter to Matt about it, proposing a solution. I've not gotten a reply, and probably won't by now, but at least I made the effort. Write to Lotus. The more letters they receive, the more likely they'll see it as something they need to address.

I'm guessing the i4 FE will have the same color palette to choose from as the V6 FE, so there's still that, unless you really want a V6. Hopefully we'll have more information soon on what the options and availabilities are going to be.

I suspect the rumoured extra 7 colours will be available for the i4 FE. No one knows for Base Edition, but I expect it will be a small set of colours at no cost then various levels of extra cost for metallic and pearlescent, if previous Lotus pricing is any guide. We don't know yet if any of the colours will be exclusively for the FEs.

I suspect the rumoured extra 7 colours will be available for the i4 FE. No one knows for Base Edition, but I expect it will be a small set of colours at no cost then various levels of extra cost for metallic and pearlescent, if previous Lotus pricing is any guide. We don't know yet if any of the colours will be exclusively for the FEs.
Huh? The i4FE would possibly have 14 total color choices?

#ForTheLoveOf$&?@