• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira vs C8 Corvette

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Chevy is still having a hard time producing regular C8s. I bet the market adjusted prices on the new Z06 are going to be insane.

View attachment 452

Is it me or does the side vent on the Z06 not flow very well with the overall design of the car?
Rumor is the side vent has that triangle shape because of all the magnesium parts that the Z06 has.
magnesium.jpeg

South40

Reaction score
Discounting looks either way (not objective), the Vette (per many comparably equipped models) is about $33K less expensive (think 6000 gallons of gas or about 100,000 miles!) AND the Vette is stronger on the straights and has better skid pad numbers. A showroom Emira would be looking at Vette taillights on a track. BTW the Vette does have good service facilities more than 100 miles from the ocean!

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If the vette had 3 pedals I wouldn't have ever considered the Lotus. The z06 is better than anything Lotus has made and will ever make but is auto only and since I already have a v8 with over 600hp and DCT that runs passed 8k it doesn't have a place in the garage.

Last edited:

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Discounting looks either way (not objective), the Vette (per many comparably equipped models) is about $33K less expensive (think 6000 gallons of gas or about 100,000 miles!) AND the Vette is stronger on the straights and has better skid pad numbers. A showroom Emira would be looking at Vette taillights on a track. BTW the Vette does have good service facilities more than 100 miles from the ocean!
Explain the purpose of this post..?

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
One thing that has happened is that I have listened to a lot of people talking on threads about the Cayman and GT4. The more I read the more I don't think I really want a GT4 "track" car. That makes me wonder how the Emira will be compared to the C8.

I am getting really excited about the idea of having a sports car with super car looks that has a great ride and chic interior. Meaning there is absolutely no hesitancy to spend 3 hours in it on Saturday or Sunday morning. AND have a passenger enjoy time in it. In that regards I am curious of how it will stack up against the C8. The C8 has a ridiculous, wonderful engine so not talking HP, but I wonder how everything else will compare.

#WaitingforNorthAmericanReviews

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
One thing that has happened is that I have listened to a lot of people talking on threads about the Cayman and GT4. The more I read the more I don't think I really want a GT4 "track" car. That makes me wonder how the Emira will be compared to the C8.

I am getting really excited about the idea of having a sports car with super car looks that has a great ride and chic interior. Meaning there is absolutely no hesitancy to spend 3 hours in it on Saturday or Sunday morning. AND have a passenger enjoy time in it. In that regards I am curious of how it will stack up against the C8. The C8 has a ridiculous, wonderful engine so not talking HP, but I wonder how everything else will compare.

#WaitingforNorthAmericanReviews
Here's Everyday Driver reviewing the C8 vs base 718 Cayman. Both guys scored both cars 4/4 but both picked the Cayman. One is a 981 Cayman GTS PDK owner, the other is/was an Elise owner who struggled to decide on the winner by a narrow margin and lost sleep over it. By indirect inference or proxy, that matches your intuition that the C8 would be a better comparison to the Emira. They have opposing strengths/weaknesses that strive toward supercar tendencies at the compromise of other things. Net, I think it would be a wash and depend on what you prefer. Whereas Cayman is the jack-of-all trades that compromises nothing and, thus, gives nothing up in exchange for supercar tendencies in any specific area.

Another proxy review is the Evora GT vs C8 (not the most tasteful reviewer but I at least respect his unfiltered honesty and hobbyist POV). Evora wins overall mainly due to visceral feel whereas the C8 beat it only in looks. Emira beats the C8 in looks by miles but then some visceral edges the Evora had are softening in the Emira. Question is by how much? I'd guess Emira is still more visceral than the C8, especially with its manual transmission.

Coincidentally my interest for the C8 ticked back up last week (but not in anticipation of this week's Emira reviews). I have a few 2023 build specs saved and budgeted. I'd be happy with either car as I appreciate each one's respective strengths albeit those strengths are different. C8 is looking like the more definitive bargain vs the V6 FE. But I'm queued for a V6 BE and its option pricing should help me decide. My dad is getting a V6 FE so it'll help me to test drive that but also tips me toward C8 for access to both cars instead of being crowded by two Emiras.

Last edited:

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's Everyday Driver reviewing the C8 vs base 718 Cayman. Both guys scored both cars 4/4 but both picked the Cayman. One is a 981 Cayman GTS PDK owner, the other is/was an Elise owner who struggled to decide on the winner by a narrow margin and lost sleep over it. By indirect inference or proxy, that matches your intuition that the C8 would be a better comparison to the Emira. They have opposing strengths/weaknesses that strive toward supercar tendencies at the compromise of other things. Net, I think it would be a wash and depend on what you prefer. Whereas Cayman is the jack-of-all trades that compromises nothing and, thus, gives nothing up in exchange for supercar tendencies in any specific area.

Another proxy review is the Evora GT vs C8 (not the most tasteful reviewer but I at least respect his unfiltered honesty and hobbyist POV). Evora wins overall mainly due to visceral feel whereas the C8 beat it only in looks. Emira beats the C8 in looks by miles but then some visceral edges the Evora had are softening in the Emira. Question is by how much? I'd guess Emira is still more visceral than the C8, especially with its manual transmission.

Coincidentally my interest for the C8 ticked back up last week (but not in anticipation of this week's Emira reviews). I have a few 2023 build specs saved and budgeted. I'd be happy with either car as I appreciate each one's respective strengths albeit those strengths are different. C8 is looking like the more definitive bargain vs the V6 FE. But I'm queued for a V6 BE and its option pricing should help me decide. My dad is getting a V6 FE so it'll help me to test drive that but also tips me toward C8 for access to both cars instead of being crowded by two Emiras.
Father/son trips out in your Emiras would be awesome

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
how it will stack up against the C8.
I've seen two C8s on the road now and they certainly have road presence. Pretty awesome if you like the American look (I do).
It is not pretty, but it does look a lot meaner and some people will love that.

I am glad I am not in the US to make it a decision. They are massively expensive here.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've seen two C8s on the road now and they certainly have road presence. Pretty awesome if you like the American look (I do).
It is not pretty, but it does look a lot meaner and some people will love that.

I am glad I am not in the US to make it a decision. They are massively expensive here.
I would agree from the front they look pretty mean but wow the back half of the car is beyond hideous. The rear view is so bad. The seats look pretty sweet though.(y)