Lotus Emira vs C8 Corvette

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you think the Emira will stack up against the Chevy Corvette C8?

Last edited:
I'm obviously going to be biased since I've put down a deposit for an Emira, but I readily acknowledge the C-8 has straight line performance advantage, Emira hopefully better in the corners. For me, it was more about aesthetics and driver engagement. Just looking at the cars, the Emira is a Rembrandt, the C-8 more like caveman art. 😁

I got to see both C8 and Emira up close at Goodwood last week including the test drive by the Duke around the track. I think both cars look better close up than in photos but I think the size and overall appearance of the Emira is more pleasing on the eye than the C8. I think the light colours blue and yellow work brilliantly with the black roof and lower door.

Last edited:
I got to see both C8 and Emira up close at Goodwood lady week including the test drive by the Duke around the track. I think both cars look better close up than in photos but the size and overall appearance of the Emira is more pleasing on the eye than the C8. I think the light colours blue and yellow work brilliantly with the black roof and lower door.
Wow, that's awesome! I will say, the C8 Vette looks amazing from the front and front 3/4, but after the doors it just keeps going and flattens out in a strange way. It's definitely a deceiving big car for just a two-seater.

. For me, it was more about aesthetics and driver engagement. Just looking at the cars, the Emira is a Rembrandt, the C-8 more like caveman art. 😁
😂 . Well said ! The C8 is coming to Oz in factory RHD drive form at last. Have a deposit down on a C8 but the supply will be limited.

Would like both but the Emira has the class and fabulous local support from Simply Sports Cars , they run events, targa tours track days … And there’s a great community of owners and friends.

Getting the C8 here you just pick it up from a dealer and off you go . the ownership experience will be chalk and cheese .

Corvette C8 looks great in photos, but it doesn't look so good in person. Lotus Emira looks great in person. It is perfect. I will go with Lotus.

Just saw where Chevy dropped un-camouflaged photo of Corvette Z-O6, wasn't expected till late Oct. Price estimated to be around same as Emira, but with rumored 600 hp. I don't think that was by accident.

Chevy is still having a hard time producing regular C8s. I bet the market adjusted prices on the new Z06 are going to be insane.

2023-chevrolet-corvette-z06-exterior-design.jpg

Is it me or does the side vent on the Z06 not flow very well with the overall design of the car?

Chevy is still having a hard time producing regular C8s. I bet the market adjusted prices on the new Z06 are going to be insane.

View attachment 452

Is it me or does the side vent on the Z06 not flow very well with the overall design of the car?
I've always thought the C8 looked like a "rush job" with regards to many of the aero features. Just not what I (yes, opinion only of course) consider a very "clean" design.

This is the dilemma- that car is nowhere near as beautiful (personal opinion) as the Emira, but it will stomp the Emira performance-wise. Form, or function I guess is the decision.

I've been very fortunate to have had a car that would handle like a go-cart (Honda S-2000), but not exceptionally fast straight line, and currently a car that will accelerate like stink (Jag F-type R), but isn't the greatest in the corners-too heavy. For me, the Emira represents the potential to be a great balance of both attributes, hence likely to be much more fun to drive!

This is the dilemma- that car is nowhere near as beautiful (personal opinion) as the Emira, but it will stomp the Emira performance-wise. Form, or function I guess is the decision.
Agreed regarding aesthetics, but I disagree regarding performance. On the drag or in the straights, the C8 will probably excel, but I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that the Emira will outshine the C8 on track, at least the technical/squiggly ones. Power-to-weight ratios will be pretty close for the Emira V6 compared to the C8. Based on numbers on the internets, power-to-weight for the C8 Stingray is in the neighborhood of .136 (495hp / 3645lb) whereas the Emira will be .133 (400hp / 3000lb). Power and weight aside, the wheelbase of the Emira will better lend itself to the corners than the Chevy.

I have deposits for Both the Emira and C8Z06. I have seen the C8 and its a good looking car. I have not seen the Emira yet. So can't really say much till I see the Emira in person. 🤔 Can't wait!🤩
20210307_163216.jpg
20210307_163202.jpg
20210307_163134.jpg

I can't wait for some of the comparisons to come out with the Emira vs. C8, Cayman, etc. The Vette is an awesome car and some angles and colors always catch me off guard and are striking. Then some angles just don't suit my eye.

I have deposits for Both the Emira and C8Z06. I have seen the C8 and its a good looking car. I have not seen the Emira yet. So can't really say much till I see the Emira in person. 🤔 Can't wait!🤩
That does look pretty sharp in red!