• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira US Roadshow

TheMotizzle

Reaction score
Apparently Irena from Los Gatos said they're only slotting 20 test drives while Tom Sutton from Boardwalk is slotting 120 test drives out of the 500 people who tried to reserve a test drive. My FE slot is 22/22 but I moved up to slot 11 since they've already put in 11 orders that Lotus allocated to them. I wish I could just show up but I live 3 hours away from the Bay Area.
Aw bummer, sorry to hear that. Galpin told me that the car they got was not the official roadshow and there would be more to come so maybe you'll get the chance soon.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Apparently Irena from Los Gatos said they're only slotting 20 test drives while Tom Sutton from Boardwalk is slotting 120 test drives out of the 500 people who tried to reserve a test drive. My FE slot is 22/22 but I moved up to slot 11 since they've already put in 11 orders that Lotus allocated to them. I wish I could just show up but I live 3 hours away from the Bay Area.
So that’s part if my annoyance originally. Didn’t see the email until 2.5 hours later and all weekend slots were booked. I live quite a distance away from Redwood City (not 3 hours far but still an hour+ with traffic). It’s silly to expect folks to drive so far for 15 minutes with the car on a weekday. Those that know, traffic on the 101 is horrendous and seems to be all day everyday. They should extend it out to 30 minutes or so with fewer customers instead. I don’t know - I would do things differently. Then again, I’m speaking from an enthusiast’s perspective.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think they unfortunately didn't have much time -- also Boardwalk isn't super high tech. They should have had a few tiers for test drives starting with FE allocations first, then depositors after that, and then the rest as backfill.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I agree with all of you. It's just a car at the end of the day but it is really frustrating that they took 5k as a deposit 1.5 years ago and I can't even test drive the car. It is what it is. Thanks for all the response.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I agree with all of you. It's just a car at the end of the day but it is really frustrating that they took 5k as a deposit 1.5 years ago and I can't even test drive the car. It is what it is. Thanks for all the response.
Def. agree with you, not giving Lotus any excuses. Dealer model here in the US sucks, it's just everyone doing their own thing. I wish I could help you somehow, but if I were in your shoes I'd just show up early and put your name down for any no-show test drives -- I bet you could get in.

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had about a month’s notice of the event at Lotus of Glenview…I’m scheduled to drive the car on November 14 @ 10am. The Emira will be there from November 14 - 17, but test drives are only for deposit holders - with priority to those who have FE allocations (as I recall).

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Clayton, and he’s been great. I could see them just calling the top of their V6 list as the I4 doesn’t exist yet. I’d still like a test drive though, mostly to make sure I’ll fit. (6’4”)
I'm 6'6" and I fit easily into the demo car in ATL (dec 2021). They told me that car's seat wasnt at the lowest position either. It felt roomier than an Evora if you can find one of those to sit in.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm 6.2 and only just fit in the car loads of leg room but tight on head hight. I asked if the seat went lower but I couldn't get it to.

Krisjc21

Reaction score
So Los Gatos sent out invites and test drive to other depositors far down the list. Apparently every single driving slot has been booked. I should of called Boardwalk :(
Hey actually I have an appointment for a test drive on the 16th if you want we could both look at the car and then you can do the test drive since I'm not really familiar driving a manual I was gonna have my brother do the test drive for me. Just give me your feedback about the car tho lol . Let me know if your interested we could set a time to meet at Los Gatos lotus

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey actually I have an appointment for a test drive on the 16th if you want we could both look at the car and then you can do the test drive since I'm not really familiar driving a manual I was gonna have my brother do the test drive for me. Just give me your feedback about the car tho lol . Let me know if your interested we could set a time to meet at Los Gatos lotus
I'll DM you.

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
State of the art paint run.
Wow! That’s pretty bad!

Just venting my frustration as a deposit holder at Boardwalk…
I couldn’t get a time slot because their system crashed. Although I feel they should’ve offered drives in order of deposits taken, they also could have intentionally made it first come first serve with the intent to get more people interested, thus more deposits, thus more sales.

I hope they adjust their tactic the next time the demo car comes around.

haaaake

Reaction score
I will be doing a test drive in Marin on the 18th. Things happening is pretty exciting.

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I will be doing a test drive in Marin on the 18th. Things happening is pretty exciting.
Which dealership and do you know how long the car will be there for? My deposit is w Los Gatos and a car will be there 16/17th but unfort I’ll be returning on the 18th.

KaizokuCoder

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm in the US and I thought my test drive was great! Very much looking forward to getting my car. I just don't have any details that weren't already covered by others.