Lotus becomes the Intelligent Money British GT Championship’s Official Safety Car Partner for 2022.

41318437-FD91-463F-83CD-207C6E0962FB.jpeg

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm also noticing that like the yellow car that was at the Eletre rollout, this one has the upper black pack but with silver exhaust tips too. Wouldn't it be stupid if the reason for the 1 month delay is because they're having supply issues with the jobber that's supposed to be supplying the black exhaust tips... stranger things have happened.
Or learn from other OEM’s and publish ordering constraints every month. For example, open up the order books for each month but don’t accept any orders with upper black pack. A dealer has say 5 cars they can order in April, they go down their list and give the buyer the option of getting an order placed or waiting until the constraint is lifted. That keeps the production line running and doesn’t delay the entire rollout over an individual part. All the major manufacturers do it. For example, PCCB brakes are on constraint for Porsche GT4/Spyders so if you want one now you forgo the option.

A few customers get pissed off but you don’t alienate the entire community.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know Lotus have come in for a lot of criticism for the lack information they put out, like many I expect, I sit here scanning the internet for the tiniest morsel of news, the latest leaked picture or eagerly awaiting for the next review from someone that’s done the factory tour, but for heavens sake Lotus what are you doing, here we have what looks like close to a production car, being presented to the public on track so all can see, perhaps even the first public outing for the car, but what do we hear from Lotus zero, zip, zilch, nada, check there official Facebook page and nothing, maybe I’m missing something, I don’t know but surely It cant be hard to put something out there for us all to see. Anyway sorry for the rant but this real feels like a missed goal opportunity for some positive publicity.
To add it does look good in those pictures, hope someone gets some interior shots.
Lotus people are re-tweeting, sharing and re-posting other people‘s posts about the safety car, because their own PR department have published absolutely nothing about it. That‘s how bad it is.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think it's hilarious that with all those expensive cars there, look at which one has people standing around it looking it over. It looks like the response to this car on the street is going to be epic.
It's called the 'New kid on the Block effect.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus people are re-tweeting, sharing and re-posting other people‘s posts about the safety car, because their own PR department have published absolutely nothing about it. That‘s how bad it is.
If true, do you know how sad that is?
Yes, yes you do.

We are reduced to taking what we can get.

However the next time there is a newsletter update from Lotus Cars it will likely be included, especially on the track position. That's a better image than static parking lot.
Notice how I avoided saying anything about the March update?

Reactions: DJS

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The black tailpipe finishers are definitely on back order then :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interestingly, it looks like they've replaced the blue cap in the engine bay (rear left) with a dark grey or black one 👍
(...assuming that's not a temporary one because the blue ones are on back order ;) )

2022-04 British GT safety car 12 Simon Redmile.jpg

Pic: Simon Redmile

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It was on my list too. I'm cautious though, we're still seeing recently-built cars with incorrect specs so this may be an interim part.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It was on my list too. I'm cautious though, we're still seeing recently-built cars with incorrect specs so this may be an interim part.
If anyone stopped for a minute to think about how many parts go into a car from how many different sources all over the globe, then consider the extent of supply chain disruption with Brexit/Covid/Putin you'd be amazed any cars ever get completed right now. (I know you understand that better than most Tom)

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Interestingly, it looks like they've replaced the blue cap in the engine bay (rear left) with a dark grey or black one 👍
(...assuming that's not a temporary one because the blue ones are on back order ;) )

View attachment 4599
Pic: Simon Redmile

Lotus did confirm to me in person the blue bottle cap will not be present on cars built to production spec and neither on customer cars.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus did confirm to me in person the blue bottle cap will not be present on cars built to production spec and neither on customer cars.
I was also told this by Scott at concourse of elegance last September, so I expect this darker cap to be the production spec

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was also told this by Scott at concourse of elegance last September, so I expect this darker cap to be the production spec
by darker he might have meant Dark Verdant :LOL: may be we'll get a photo of the cap before the body

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus could have been a fair bit more imaginative on the livery, but it's nice to see more rolling examples out there.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Borrowed the the following photograph from another Lotus forum - shows how well the Emira (Safety Car) stacks up, looks wise, against the Artura:
_Lotus Emira FE V6 - Intelligent Money British GT Championship Safety Car (14 Apr 2022) - 5.jpg

Blue97

Reaction score
It does apart from the way too large tyre to bodywork gap. Half the gap would massively improve the stance.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It does apart from the way too large tyre to bodywork gap. Half the gap would massively improve the stance.
Totally agree the car looks wrong. Very disappointing as the Evora sat amazing throughout its life cycle…