Lotus App Issues with Scorpion Tracker

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone with the factory option tracker been able to get push reporting to work on their mobile?

I am using an iPhone 11, with all notifications for this app permitted. Did a walkthrough with Scorpion support and all was set correctly within the app.

Email notifications work fine, albeit a little delayed. Ignition alerts took up to 2 minutes to arrive. Push reporting which is configured on the same alert never arrives. It has not worked to date, on any of the various alerts. I am looking to understand if anyone has it working?

As I explained to the person I spoke to at Scorpion, my phone isn't going to alert me overnight via email so I need the Push reporting to work. SMS messages are a paid for option, as an example its £60 for 500 SMS!

Scorpion were not able to help further, advising that the app is Lotus customised / managed. They suggested I could just use the Scorpio app but on downloading it, when I entered my email address, it recognised I was a Lotus owner and just redirected me to the Lotus app, so that's a non-starter.

Thanks.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Mine has a tracker fitted and I'm picking it up Thursday.
Will let you know how I get on.

Apparently I should have received an email from Lotus asking me to set up the app for the tracker with details,before I collect the car to avoid the set up time on Thursday.
True to Lotus fashion,I have received nothing...

OP
M

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mine has a tracker fitted and I'm picking it up Thursday.
Will let you know how I get on.

Apparently I should have received an email from Lotus asking me to set up the app for the tracker with details,before I collect the car to avoid the set up time on Thursday.
True to Lotus fashion,I have received nothing...
Same for me. I didn’t receive anything either. The tracker ended up being replaced on day 2 by Scorpion.

My previous comments outline how I unsatisfied I am with it to date. It’s pretty much of no use other than if you want to manually check where the car is.

Hopefully push alerts work for you then I can work on troubleshooting in the knowledge it’s an issue for me only.

OP
M

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had any joy with their tracker sending push notifications, regardless of phone brand?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does the app have configurable push notifications? Seems like it may be a bug in the app.

Since Lotus uses a customized one, you'll need to go through LCC to file a bug ticket with the team responsible for the Lotus app. Then they will file a bug with Scorpion who likely helped Lotus integrate the feature.

OP
M

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does the app have configurable push notifications? Seems like it may be a bug in the app.

Since Lotus uses a customized one, you'll need to go through LCC to file a bug ticket with the team responsible for the Lotus app. Then they will file a bug with Scorpion who likely helped Lotus integrate the feature.
Yes, it does have the option for push notifications (which dont work for me despite Scorpion customer service having a look with no joy).
Im assuming many others who have trackers will have tried to set this up too as the only other notification method is email, which serves limited purpose when you are in bed at night. SMS alerts are a paid for extra option.

Scorpion did say it was a custom app. I will get in touch with Lotus CC. I was hoping to establish if this was working for anyone else prior as it would be good to know if this was just an issue for me or a wider problem that works for nobody. Any insight would be great.

Markus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My tracker wasn't working on collection and a Scorpion engineer came out to see me today to fix it. Turns out quite a few cars have been leaving the factory with tracker issues which could be faulty units or not installing the units correctly. In my case the unit was fine but the wrong unit number had been entered so the unit would not connect. A quick fix and good service from Scorpion.

OP
M

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My tracker wasn't working on collection and a Scorpion engineer came out to see me today to fix it. Turns out quite a few cars have been leaving the factory with tracker issues which could be faulty units or not installing the units correctly. In my case the unit was fine but the wrong unit number had been entered so the unit would not connect. A quick fix and good service from Scorpion.
Thanks for the feedback. Can you confirm if push notifications work?

The easiest way to test, is to set push up in the app against the ignition option.

I’ve emailed lotus CC yesterday for advice. Pending a reply.

Markus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am not sure to be honest, I have them turned on but havent had a notification.

OP
M

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am not sure to be honest, I have them turned on but havent had a notification.
OK thanks. If you have both the email alert and the push notification enabled, I am assuming you do receive the email but not the push? This is the behaviour I also get.

I've taken a screenshot from the app with the settings (confirmed as correct with Scorpion support). Note the "phone number" section isn't for push messages, it is for SMS messages which are a paid for optional extra.

Attachments

• IMG_3002.jpg
    IMG_3002.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 51

Sid

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
OK thanks. If you have both the email alert and the push notification enabled, I am assuming you do receive the email but not the push? This is the behaviour I also get.

I've taken a screenshot from the app with the settings (confirmed as correct with Scorpion support). Note the "phone number" section isn't for push messages, it is for SMS messages which are a paid for optional extra.
I have settings as you suggest and get emails but no Push Notifications, I will call CC next week.

OP
M

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for testing. I’m yet to get a reply from CC via email. I’m going to assume it doesn’t work for anyone, which if correct is pretty poor that this key function doesn’t do as it’s intended.

I’ll follow up my email too and share any developments.

OP
M

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus CC got back to say the following;

We have not had any reports of the app not working as it should.

I would advise for you to uninstall and reinstall the app, this should hopefully resolve the issue.

While I didn't think it would address the issue, I tried the above anyway. It made no difference. I have replied to ask if they have confirmed / can test it now to see if it works at their end rather than assuming it works.

I am not on Facebook or any of the other Emira forums - is there any feedback on those around anyone who has got Push notifications working?

I have also emailed Scorpion support to ask if they can verify the above, that they have not heard of any broader issues with the Lotus app / alerting functions and to seek any further guidance. A reminder though that they previously pointed me back to Lotus CC as they couldn't help further.

Thanks

Last edited:

Markus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

The tracker and app is working well. It's much easier however to configure it from the website than the app. You get 1 free push notification to your phone which I have used for a low battery alert. You can then buy up to 100 other alerts for £15 a year which seems pretty good to me. Speed warnings, battery removal etc. etc. What I particularly like about the app is it gives me the voltage for the car on a daily basis so if you don't have a trickle charger you can take it for a spin as I'm not using the car daily.

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Does Phone Tag work for anyone?

Mine just says “searching” all the time. I tested it anyway but I received the call from Scorpion checking that I still had my car so it obviously wasn’t working.

The guys form Scorpion says that his says searching all the time but does actually work…

Anyone got it to work?

OP
M

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The tracker and app is working well. It's much easier however to configure it from the website than the app. You get 1 free push notification to your phone which I have used for a low battery alert. You can then buy up to 100 other alerts for £15 a year which seems pretty good to me. Speed warnings, battery removal etc. etc. What I particularly like about the app is it gives me the voltage for the car on a daily basis so if you don't have a trickle charger you can take it for a spin as I'm not using the car daily.
Hi Markus

The push notifications are different to the SMS alerts. They are not interconnected.
The extract from the manual explains this;

Settings >> Alert Text – Top Up
All reports, alerts and data are sent as standard via email. However, you can purchase bundles of texts so that information can be sent via SMS rather than email. There is an additional charge for this. Alternatively, alert notifications can be set-up as push notifications via the Lotus Vehicle Tracker App.

I am not aware of 1 push notification being allowed. This isn't apparent on the website, in the instruction manual nor did Scorpion support advise of this. If this is true though, it would work for myself and others that have it set for Ignition alerts. It has never sent me any Push alerts to date.

£15 for 100 SMS alerts for Ignition isn't viable as many cars including mine are daily drivers hence wanting the App to work as it should (and how Scorpion themselves intend it to work).

The website and the app do offer a slightly different interface for setup etc but the fundamentals remain the same either way in that it isn't sending Push alerts out.

I'll query with Scorpion support when I hear back from them re the single Push notification and whether that is the case. As before, it doesn't explain why it isn't working across any of the alerts I have setup, tested, recreated etc. If it sends the emails (which it does) it should also send the Push alert.

I'll share any feedback as I get it.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does Phone Tag work for anyone?

Mine just says “searching” all the time. I tested it anyway but I received the call from Scorpion checking that I still had my car so it obviously wasn’t working.

The guys form Scorpion says that his says searching all the time but does actually work…

Anyone got it to work?

I can confirm I also just get the current state "Searching" on the App even when sitting in the car with my phone
This happens with or without a physical key fob in my presence, ie it doesn't change to Green even if the tracker is unlocked by a fob, which might be normal behaviour.

The instruction manual "Lotus-user-guide-en-FEB-2022.pdf" has no reference to the Phone Tag feature unfortunately.

My previous comments on the tracker and testing can be found here: page-3
I didn't actually get around to testing by going for a drive with just the fob and then just the phone which would show conclusively if the phone was working.

I will try this later as I have a couple of runs to do and will feed back.

Attachments

• IMG_B52F6EDB0C12-1.jpeg
    IMG_B52F6EDB0C12-1.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 19
OP
M

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
As I anticipated, driving without the fob and just the phone resulted in a phone call from Scorpion with a suspected theft alert. The phone tag therefore doesn’t work for me.

I’ve not bothered testing the fob alone as I now know that must work as all my other journeys are with phone & key fob.

It’s clear there are differences in outcomes between what scorpion expect to happen (and does happen with their own app) but for the small sample pool we have, it doesn’t do what it’s supposed to with the Lotus skin / customisations.

No push notifications, no phone tag. I’m of the opinion this doesn’t work for anyone as I’m yet to hear a conclusive yes to either for those who use the Lotus app (not the Scorpion app which you can’t use as it recognises your email address and repoints you to Lotus).

Scorpion support are only able to help so much if it works for them but isn’t for anyone else (Lotus and maybe others) who have developed it further.

I suspect pressing Lotus CC for details confirming they know the latest app version does what it’s supposed to is the only option. Can they download the app now and demonstrate the functions all work on a demo / other car? I suspect not but will ask for that to be done where feasible.

Attachments

• 94D0D89E-6776-4845-9896-2C2FEE92998B.jpeg
    94D0D89E-6776-4845-9896-2C2FEE92998B.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 24
OP
M

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
No reply from Lotus CC as yet but Scorpion CC have replied with the following, which is positive;

Thank you for your email and feedback regarding Lotus tracker app push notifications. Our app developers are investigating this now.

Sid

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No reply from Lotus CC as yet but Scorpion CC have replied with the following, which is positive;

Thank you for your email and feedback regarding Lotus tracker app push notifications. Our app developers are investigating this now.
I spoke with CC yesterday and they give me the Scorpion number to call, i haven't called them yet. However, today the notifications started working for some reason, not sure if the App has updated in the background.