• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Lotus App - is it worth it

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all,

As I picked up my Emira second hand my car does not appear in My Garage on the Lotus app I am wondering what the application offers with regards to the integration with the Emira and is it worth me going through the rigmarole of getting it set up so they are linked?

Thanks in advance again.

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all,

As I picked up my Emira second hand my car does not appear in My Garage on the Lotus app I am wondering what the application offers with regards to the integration with the Emira and is it worth me going through the rigmarole of getting it set up so they are linked?

Thanks in advance again.
I didn't even know there was an app 😅

Might it be only for the elettre and/or electric vehicles in general? 🤔

OP
B
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I didn't even know there was an app 😅

Might it be only for the elettre and/or electric vehicles in general? 🤔
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

You can use it in demo mode as if you have an Eletre and see the status of the doors etc.

If you install it, it does have a menu card for the Emira, but it is just a "Keep me updated" button at the moment so there probably isn't too much integration going on.

Last edited:

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

You can use it in demo mode as if you have an Eletre and see the status of the doors etc.

If you install it, it does have a menu card for the Emira, but it is just a "Keep me updated" button at the moment so there probably isn't too mush integration going on.
Most probably when they'll update Emira's system enabling the integrated sim to transmit data the app will be useful for the Emira as well

Last edited:

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
they'll update Emira's system enabling the connection to transmit data
laugh-what.gif

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is likely for the electric vehicles only. The best you’re getting is an app cobranded for Lotus by Scorpion if you have the tracker option.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
These types of apps can be useful. My MB tells me all the time when the 12V battery is low, a feature that would certainly be valuable for the Lotus.

If there is a remote monitoring/control app for a car, it *is* important to move the car under your account if you buy it second hand. If not, the previous owner will still be able to see what might be private info such as the location of the car. And if they are a-holes, they can mess with the car.

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The Lotus App ist mostly used for the Scorpion tracker. You can see infos as driving history, car position, main Lotus information like battery status, alarm notification etc.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
These types of apps can be useful. My MB tells me all the time when the 12V battery is low, a feature that would certainly be valuable for the Lotus.
BMW has it too and it's awesome! Allows me to preheat my i3 via the app. Works very well - starts preheating immediately....... when opening the door.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Over time the gps tracker miles and the indicated road miles will drift apart. It’s a 2d / 3d thing. This enables you to synchronize them if you can be bothered.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

If there is a remote monitoring/control app for a car, it *is* important to move the car under your account if you buy it second hand. If not, the previous owner will still be able to see what might be private info such as the location of the car. And if they are a-holes, they can mess with the car.
That would suck, it’s bad enough we have Siri and Alexa listening to our conversations and targeting adds. Another reason for me having insurance not linked to a tracker or dashcam. 😂