Lotus 3rd Phone Call

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom........ Can I kind of take from that.... Oct 18th first payment 3rd Dec second..... Oct/Nov delivery :) i know its not set in stone.... nothing is :)
Yes, that's what I'm guessing. I'm hoping the update in March will included telling all V6 FE people their target delivery month and a date by which spec is committed (roughly 3-4 months before delivery).

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I'm guessing. I'm hoping the update in March will included telling all V6 FE people their target delivery month and a date by which spec is committed (roughly 3-4 months before delivery).
Thanks.... I might have update myself soon... will share info if I get any :)

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks.... I might have update myself soon... will share info if I get any :)
Thought I’d share this from Lotus today as I moved from FE to base edition but now wavering back to FE as Nimbus on silver wheels looks better than ever and it’s unclear if this will be offered on base edition. 2024 deliveries so suggests they’ll be on the production line for some time.

Attachments

• 8AC6A160-A6F6-4EFE-940C-0A60AAF8EDEA.png
    8AC6A160-A6F6-4EFE-940C-0A60AAF8EDEA.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 153

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thought I’d share this from Lotus today as I moved from FE to base edition but now wavering back to FE as Nimbus on silver wheels looks better than ever and it’s unclear if this will be offered on base edition. 2024 deliveries so suggests they’ll be on the production line for some time.
That's interesting. I wonder if that is just the V6? If so, unless they run v6 and i4 concurrently, the i4 won't be delivered until 2024. Then would subsequently push base edition back to at least 2025?
I was told (a month or so ago) that they were expecting to produce 900-1200 FE's. I didn't get it clarified if that was total including i4. I assumed just v6. But something learly doesn't add up as that would be very slow production would it not?

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I wonder if the FE’s being produced in 2024 will have the expected power increase or if they stay at 400

Corkdsp

Reaction score
I really prefer to have the Base v6 without many options. I am not sure that I can wait until 2024. Very sad if that is true. I will wait until confirmed before getting my deposit back

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I really prefer to have the Base v6 without many options. I am not sure that I can wait until 2024. Very sad if that is true. I will wait until confirmed before getting my deposit back
I’ll go back to Lotus and query points raised

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was told last week at the factory that an order placed this week in the UK would mean delivery in mid/late 2023.

If you already have a deposit down then you should be able to get a Base V6 in 2023, probably H2 rather than H1 but depends on deposit timing and when Lotus switch on the second shift.

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Isn’t all of this dependent on your dealers allocation? If your dealer still has an allocation left, and you place the order for today for example, wouldn’t you still get your Emira this fall in North America?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Isn’t all of this dependent on your dealers allocation? If your dealer still has an allocation left, and you place the order for today for example, wouldn’t you still get your Emira this fall in North America?
Most of my comments above are about the UK process, apart from what I've said about total production. All the 2022 North America allocation is already assigned to deposit holders. So any new deposit placed in the US today will go into 2023 allocations.

teamvxracing

Reaction score
Just finished on the phone , had my first call from Lotus , as mentioned above to decide which build and colour choice. The guy was interested that I wanted the ice grey interior , I had to mentioned the hvac controls being recessed and difficult to operate.

Exige2000

Reaction score
Just finished on the phone , had my first call from Lotus , as mentioned above to decide which build and colour choice. The guy was interested that I wanted the ice grey interior , I had to mentioned the hvac controls being recessed and difficult to operate.
Great that you have had a call , i seem to receive emails .
Fingers crossed i hear soon

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This is what I published after visiting the factory - it's based on a lot of interpretation and guesswork but is consistent with various things that have been said:

My educated guess for UK V6 FE deliveries versus deposit dates:
- deposits up to mid 8 July 2021 (Goodwood Day 1) = June 2022 delivery
- rest of 8 July, 9 July = July delivery
- 10 July = Aug delivery
- 11 July (last day of Goodwood) = Sept delivery
- after Goodwood up to 31 Dec 2021 = Oct/Nov delivery
- 2022 deposits = Nov/Dec delivery
I could be out by a month but think this is a reasonable guesstimate
TomE

Hat off to you mate the above assessment has been bang on.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
TomE

Hat off to you mate the above assessment has been bang on.
It's pretty close so far. Aug delivery batch has got some late 9 July depositors in but the rest is aligned.

Once it goes past 11 July it gets harder to predict, as the run rate of deposits isn't so clear and there will be allocations going to non-UK customers by then. Timing of second shift starting is also unconfirmed and could affect Q4-2022 build pace.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It's becoming a bit farcical now, I'm a fairly chilled out guy and not too bothered about when my FE arrives but I would like to know approximately when it's coming. I've tried twice now to get an answer from Lotus on delivery times, my deposit was placed in August. The point being surely Lotus could give an estimate such as the one you have provided TomE, caveating that it is just an estimate and could change due to any number of things.
At least that way like one of the other deposit holders here would know the earliest it would be delivered and if it's 6-12 months away you could get something else in the meantime to tide you over. (first world problem I know!)
Also if Lotus don't actually know the answer rather than just not telling us, that would be more worrying.........
Whatever happened to the full update Lotus was releasing in January that everyone was talking about!!! Including the gents that visited the factory kept advising thereafter.

Terrible communication by Lotus Head Office to say the least. I’m in Aus, I email my dealer and he simply never replies so it’s contagious or an ignorant brand mentality.

Lotus head office have well and truly messed this rollout by simply having radio silence 🤐… My Porsche dealer when I ordered our car would call me just to say hi and letting you know as soon as I get any update on your car will be in touch immediately and on and on till final delivery, were I got treated like a king and it was only my first Porsche from them… As such I’ll be a Porsche driver for life….

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is it possible the FE and Base car will be built in parallel? If from the Lotus email the FE will continue for some time, and we're expecting Base cars in 2023 (as well as FE), then maybe the FE will be a flagship car at a premium price and the base will be car + paid options you choose? There will be people who want to buy an Emira the cheapest option with just the options they want, rather than the FE OTR £79k plus finance costs?

My first deposit was Sept, second Nov, while that might create a winter delivery its nice knowing I'll probably have all the info and choices (not to mention a drive) before having to commit the final decision, silver lining in being a late comer :)

Eddie

Reaction score
I just had a very exciting phone call with Lotus to say that my original 2nd deposit configuration has just become available for June delivery and would I like to accept my original configuration in order to receive the car in June. I had emailed previously to change from black to silver wheels. Given I placed my first deposit on 17th July I wasn’t expecting delivery until early part of next year. Iv decided to go with the black wheels in order to get the car in June! Happy days! For reference my config is Nimbus with black pack so I think the black wheels will still look awesome. Also I did ask the question regarding keeping the silver wheels but Lotus explained that all the materials for the first batch of orders have already been set so it was a take it or leave it type of scenario.