• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Look at what I picked up today 👀

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
IMG_20230109_155204.jpg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations!

I’m sure everyone would love to see more pictures and read your impressions over the coming weeks.

OP
Kimmax

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
First impressions: Wow.

Drives like everything I imagined plus more. Have to add that this is my first "made to drive" ride.
Unbelievable how you feel connected to the road, without being uncomfortable (Touring suspension).

I'll daily the Emira for now, so I fitted Michelin Alpin PA4s for the time being. I still need to break the engine in so I didn't go full power, but for the time being it felt very grippy and handled well in all conditions (and I encountered some heavy rain).
Speaking of heavy rain I'll need to get the wipers checked. There is "auto" mode plus 2 more manual, but they don't really seem to differ in speed. Also seemed to struggle "wiping" at 140kp/h. I suspect something needs to replaced, but we'll see.
Soundsystem sounds nice, balanced. However heavy bass rattles something in the interior which is very enjoying. Probably something needs to be fastened, I'll check that out in daylight.

Overall verrrry impressed. Dark Verdant looks better than everything I could have hoped for. Lotus didn't lie when they said photos wouldn't do justice. Also saw a yellow and a blue at the dealership. Yellow would also satisfied me, blue misses something for me.

Clutch is very easy to manage. Pedals need some initial getting used to, as they are very tight together. Also no problem.

Car sounds very nice, not overdone and potential for some blurps, will discover that once I can use the whole rpm range. Love hearing the transmission working.

Let me know what you want to see and know, I'll try to answer everyone. Lots of impressions I probably forgot.

Overall in love with this car 😍

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats! Looking forward to your longterm feedback.

The wiper issue is known and Harry Metcalfe even mentioned it during his Euro roadtrip Emira review video roundup. Apparently it can be fixed with a software update. Again, keep us posted and congratulations!

OP
Kimmax

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats! Looking forward to your longterm feedback.

The wiper issue is known and Harry Metcalfe even mentioned it during his Euro roadtrip Emira review video roundup. Apparently it can be fixed with a software update. Again, keep us posted and congratulations!
Ah nice to know, I'll get that sorted out then!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Awesome !!! More pics please! - Glad to hear you have been enjoying it!

Maybe at a petrol station at night ;)

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Very sweet! Pictures in the sunlight that show the green would be awesome.

OP
Kimmax

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Awesome !!! More pics please! - Glad to hear you have been enjoying it!

Maybe at a petrol station at night ;)
Now gas stations is what I'll probably see more often 😂 I'll snap some pics next time 👌🏻

schorsch

Reaction score
Which dealership did you buy from? I am waiting for my yellow Emira. Should be available in a few weeks - am from Nürnberg.

mforde

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations. As others have mentioned, when you have the time, more pictures. Your first impressions are great to hear.

OP
Kimmax

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Which dealership did you buy from? I am waiting for my yellow Emira. Should be available in a few weeks - am from Nürnberg.
Sportivo Leipzig. Great dealer. Very fast, easy and friendly. I think they have a blue one available to buy.

OP
Kimmax

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
More impressions, mostly small things:

- Doors fall in heavy and, especially unfamiliar, passengers struggle with closing the door "lightly" without a real familiar handle

- Break-in oil for 1500km, after that service at each 15k kilometers

- Car sounds GODLY in sport while letting the RPMs roll out, provoke this by little throttle pushes. Tour cancels this almost completely

- Opening the trunk can dribble some water on the engine (and trunk if you're opening really fast). If you know this and let the water run off for a second it's mostly going into the drain

- Steering wheel buttons are actually touch, so you can swipe them as well

- Noticed a little "Fasten seatbelt" sign in the overhead panel. Intended or not, it reminded me of airplanes and I find it hilarious

- Would have been nice if you could adjust the middle armrest height - minor inconvenience

- Deeper cupholders would prevent cups from getting in the way while shifting

- Parking sensor visualizations are great and accurate, the rear camera has good quality and FOV

- Auto-Tilt mirrors when in reverse (Can be enabled and disabled) are a little too much titled for my taste, an option would've been nice, otherwise half-tilt probably would have been enough. However, they aren't even really needed since:

- overall visibility is really good. Includes rear window and blindspots

That's all for today :D
Even if it lists more "negative" it's overall a very positive and great car all-around. The feel and joy when driving outweighs everything else by far!

In the next few days, I'll get my high-res camera out and will try to do some nice shots :)

Attachments

• IMG_20230111_195842.jpg
    IMG_20230111_195842.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for the insights.

Has your dealer said to do the running in oil change at 1500 km or is that you deciding to do it? In the UK Lotus has said you need to follow the running in guidance about max revs but there is no 1000 mile oil change, just carry on until 12 month service.