Locked your spec - one thing you now wish you could change ?

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh yeah. That DV on the mirrors could be interesting. BP may demand they stay black for the flow of color but we will only know once we see it.
it's clear that DV has to be seen in the metal to get a feel for it - it's too elusive in the pictures. Even the video from the China showroom which show a cooler green, and I love the way it looks there, varies quite a bit from other shots inc. TG video which show a warmer tone (possibly lighting). I like that about it, it'll shift tone with changing light. So 100% agree, can't tell yet what BP + DV will look like, might be onto a winner, or might be a frivolous option better spent on filling that tank!

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I did BP on my DV so it would make the green look greener. You will see the black and say "oh yeah, I guess that car is NOT black".

Ask I can hear it's Borat doing his "not" jokes. "This suit is NOT black" 😂

Last edited:
G

Guest142

Great post. I love my spec. wouldn't change a thing about it. Starting a countdown to ETA tomorrow.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You know me, super excited to be getting the Emira.
BUT
If I could change one thing it would be that the car didn't even exist for another year so that I would now be driving around in the excellent UK weather in a 458 Spyder.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I did BP on my DV so it would make the green look greener. You will see the black and say "oh yeah, I guess that car is NOT black".

Ask I can hear it's Borat doing his "not" jokes. "This suit is NOT black" 😂
That was one of my justifications too. The two-tone but not too two-tone…

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You know me, super excited to be getting the Emira.
BUT
If I could change one thing it would be that the car didn't even exist for another year so that I would now be driving around in the excellent UK weather in a 458 Spyder.

I'm faced with driving a mobile sauna as the summer weather warms up - S1 Exige has no AC and massive heat soak into the cabin from the engine and radiator pipes in the driver's side sill. But it's like a road-legal go kart, so I'm happy with my regular fix of Lotus DNA and the associated sweat-induced weight-loss and yoga to get into it.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm faced with driving a mobile sauna as the summer weather warms up - S1 Exige has no AC and massive heat soak into the cabin from the engine and radiator pipes in the driver's side sill. But it's like a road-legal go kart, so I'm happy with my regular fix of Lotus DNA and the associated sweat-induced weight-loss and yoga to get into it.
I hope you're not doing that in a Scandinavian sauna outfit...aka birthday suit

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Sat in the latest (last) Exige yesterday and even that felt mildly claustrophobic. I can only imagine what the S1 is like with no AC 🤣
It was an awesome driving position though, loved that the seat was literally on the floor!
20220623_165116.jpg

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Got DV with BP and silver wheels, black calipers. Ice interior.

My thinking:
Understated with wheels = interior, calipers = roof. Yellow highlights in the badges complimented by yellow centre marker on wheel (aftermarket). Might get some yellow belts to replace the black ones. That red Start button cover will look out of place, hope it can be removed.

My re-thinking: (locked in already though)
Having seen some DV pics, the colour is so delicious I wish I hadn't gone for the BP, doesn't add much. Also the lettering on the rear will be practically invisible in black on DV.

Decided to go for a modern look rather than the classic green + tan. The Ice grey looks great, but concerned about how well it'll hold up and must admit the tan looks the business.

I'm sure I'll love it when it turns up anyway.

I have locked in DV without the upper black pack and I am wondering if I should have gone black pack…opposite to you frazzer ! It’s good we don’t all think the same !

I wonder what color the Lotus letters are on the back with DV and whether that changes whether you have BP or not ?

I have tan. All my cars so far have a black interior. Never really considered Ice.

Silver wheels - planning to paint gold…

Arriving Sept. Factory pick up 👌

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Got DV with BP and silver wheels, black calipers. Ice interior.

My thinking:
Understated with wheels = interior, calipers = roof. Yellow highlights in the badges complimented by yellow centre marker on wheel (aftermarket). Might get some yellow belts to replace the black ones. That red Start button cover will look out of place, hope it can be removed.

My re-thinking: (locked in already though)
Having seen some DV pics, the colour is so delicious I wish I hadn't gone for the BP, doesn't add much. Also the lettering on the rear will be practically invisible in black on DV.

Decided to go for a modern look rather than the classic green + tan. The Ice grey looks great, but concerned about how well it'll hold up and must admit the tan looks the business.

I'm sure I'll love it when it turns up anyway.

PS - if you find out if the red starter button cover then let me know. Might get mine powder coated yellow !

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have locked in DV without the upper black pack and I am wondering if I should have gone black pack…opposite to you frazzer ! It’s good we don’t all think the same !

I wonder what color the Lotus letters are on the back with DV and whether that changes whether you have BP or not ?

I have tan. All my cars so far have a black interior. Never really considered Ice.

Silver wheels - planning to paint gold…

Arriving Sept. Factory pick up 👌
All cars with upper black pack get gloss black LOTUS badging irrespective of paint colour.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sat in the latest (last) Exige yesterday and even that felt mildly claustrophobic. I can only imagine what the S1 is like with no AC 🤣
It was an awesome driving position though, loved that the seat was literally on the floor!View attachment 6852

They're rather sparse! No ABS, traction control or power steering on the S1

lotus-exige-coupe-petrol-324c198365b9.jpg

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think the best contribution to 99% on this forum would be that …

Attachments

• C117BADC-243C-4322-BCAD-C6391EFE681C.jpeg
    C117BADC-243C-4322-BCAD-C6391EFE681C.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 10
  • A554791F-59EA-4DD5-BE22-1C600198248C.jpeg
    A554791F-59EA-4DD5-BE22-1C600198248C.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 10
  • E67E402E-966F-4FF4-A875-35D9D2678744.jpeg
    E67E402E-966F-4FF4-A875-35D9D2678744.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 9