• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Live from the Bell & Colvill launch

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
    Featured
Some more photos of the interior in addition to my seat pictures:

IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0877.JPG

That First Edition badge. It's OK, but I'd have preferred it being positioned lower on the dash.
IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

The speaker grille looks great against the leather. Door handle has a nice, unusual shape and feel to it, plus has a feature light inside it that projects down onto the armrest and mirror/window controls.
IMG_0876.JPG

Yes the exposed shifter is there.
IMG_0922.JPG

Luggage retention net now fitted on the production cars - missing on the show cars.
IMG_0921.JPG

JXJ

Reaction score
View attachment 9361
I presume it a "pre-production" car as it still has the misaligned panel on the boot. The later model seem to resolve this issue (or the boot wasn't shut properly). Look great though.
The boot wasn’t fully closed, we open a closed properly problem solved

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
By any chance, does anybody know if the mesh grilles in the front and back are metal or plastic?

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I tried pretty much every car when needing boot space for my dads wheelchair, ended up buying a Dacia Duster . Wheelchair fitted easily and at £15k new on the road it was a steal. Very few SUV have any boot space unless you go really large ( and expensive)
yes mate i think they are an absolute bargain. She wont have a Rangey (thank feck) im working on the duster idea (y)

Mike

Reaction score
That was my exact take on it at Goodwood. How can you make an SUV which is so long (more than 5meters) buy with such a small boot. The interior for me also looked like the kids would demolition it within seconds. I'm starting to think it's not for me and waiting for the Polestar 3 and maybe EQS or EQE suv
I have a deposit on an Eletre but like you am looking seriously at the Polestar 3. I really don't think I have the emotional capacity to take on another Lotus buying process.
Having said that, I am really looking forward to finally driving my Emira.
It's not so hard nowadays to have great customer service. Automated systems, chat bots, scheduled update emails etc are the norm in most industries so how have Lotus got this so wrong?

VTECMatt

Reaction score
I have a deposit on an Eletre but like you am looking seriously at the Polestar 3. I really don't think I have the emotional capacity to take on another Lotus buying process.
Having said that, I am really looking forward to finally driving my Emira.
It's not so hard nowadays to have great customer service. Automated systems, chat bots, scheduled update emails etc are the norm in most industries so how have Lotus got this so wrong?

Its not just Lotus, don’t get it with Porsche, nothing from Honda (new Type R) either. As frustrating as it is, seemingly a motor industry thing. Oh and Tesla no better.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Its not just Lotus, don’t get it with Porsche, nothing from Honda (new Type R) either. As frustrating as it is, seemingly a motor industry thing. Oh and Tesla no better.
Eeee your bringing back fond memories I had both the Type R back in the day from new directly after each other and they were both Red 🚗 but I deffo preferred the first version that had the gear stick high up it made you feel you were in a little rally car. Sorry if I’ve said before my memory is like a nats 🐜these days lol