• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Litchfield have collected their development Emira

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm not saying your right or wrong, I have no idea tbh, I'm just wondering how you do having not driven both suspension options on track at all let alone with various tyre options?
This isn’t Emira specific, any suspension designed around road tires is inadequate for slicks. Same goes for the brakes or any wet sump.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don’t even think the factory alignment hardware is capable of aligning the necessary amount of camber to run a race slick. I’d imagine the Emira has similar adjustment hardware to the Evora and those eccentric adjusters don’t have a huge amount of range. Probably maxes out at half the necessary camber.

Honeywell

Reaction score
I popped into Litchfield tuning yesterday as its not far from my farm.

They had just taken delivery of a Dark Verdant with tan leather on black wheels. It looked mighty fine. I took no pictures as I wasn't invited and was asking for a favour. My chat was interesting as they said they are inteding to offer both engine and chassis upgrades. The former I get - the latter I kind of thought was bold.

Upgrading the handling of a Lotus is a bit of a statement,.

But my God. If you died and went to heaven the parking lot at Litchfield would be where you parked.

OP
AlexB

AlexB

Reaction score
But my God. If you died and went to heaven the parking lot at Litchfield would be where you parked.

It's good isn't it?! I've been going there for about 10 years with my GT-R and the car park is always a treat with the sheer number of GT-Rs, and more recently a lot of other exciting stuff.

Last edited:

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The former I get - the latter I kind of thought was bold.

Upgrading the handling of a Lotus is a bit of a statement,.

Nah, nearly every single production car is a compromise in suspension. Just the fact that lotus offers touring/sport/gt4 versions should tell you that there's room for improvement in any of them depending on what the drivers goals/wants are.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nah, nearly every single production car is a compromise in suspension. Just the fact that lotus offers touring/sport/gt4 versions should tell you that there's room for improvement in any of them depending on what the drivers goals/wants are.

I'm glad there are people like you that understand this. I was growing a little tiresome of the plethora of Lotus fans who think Lotus has some sort of magic dust in their suspension setup and that it can handle everything and should never be tweaked.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm glad there are people like you that understand this. I was growing a little tiresome of the plethora of Lotus fans who think Lotus has some sort of magic dust in their suspension setup and that it can handle everything and should never be tweaked.
I had understood the Lotus magic / secret sauce to be a great-handling setup for UK B-roads, and that you'd struggle to better it for that application by further tweaking, but otherwise I agree with what you're saying.

Also, points for perfectly cromulent use of plethora.