latest colour info...

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Y’all. It’s been like a full 3.5 hours without a single upload of the Garage Video. Just UK sleep time?

No uploads of non-existent colors…

Zero questions about shadows of vehicles in the vicinity of the road show cars…

Calm before the storm. :)

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
To be honest, it could be the launch colours but the camera has a habit of messing with the colour balance. Does anyone have the skills to adjust the colours so that the blue car matches the launch blue colour, that may give a better idea of how the other colours look in real life. I can't believe that Lotus would build test cars in any colours other than the launch colours, there is no good reason to do so.

Judging by the colour samples, the configurator isn't really a great match, in particular the launch red. The chap I spoke to said that Lotus were going for something like the Mazda Soul Red (MX5 colour), the configurator makes it look bronze.
If they really are trying to match Mazda soul red, that would be awesome. The even better version would be Soul Red Crystal. It is magnificent.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Only 76 votes. (1,378 if you include everyone changing their minds…)

Two ties!

Will Verdant come in 2nd?
Will anyone get delivery of Shadow Grey?
Will “Show Car Seneca” be more rare?

This is awesome!

Attachments

• 472D99AA-FFD9-49DC-A125-526ED88DCE44.png
    472D99AA-FFD9-49DC-A125-526ED88DCE44.png
    79 KB · Views: 102

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hethel visit report !! Just back after a great afternoon and time well spent with the Lotus team and Scott Walker (UK Sales manager) who’s a 25 year veteran of the company.
1) Verdant green. I’ve got some pictures which I hope helps. I was told they aren’t changing this but the swatches need to be looked at in the sunlight to get a true picture
2) 400 HP V6. Don’t have any answers on this as to why not 416 I’m afraid but suspect it still is underneath..
3) Scott Walker indicated FE V6 cars could run into 2023. The new factory is still under construction and I personally think there’s a lot still to test, commission etc. This suits me as I’d assumed a 2023 delivery but I guess we’ll wait and see.
4) IPS vs manual isn’t a compromise from what the team have told me and shouldn’t impact residuals as this is a GT car as much as track weapon for those who want to. If it’s an occasional car manual but everyday IPS or i4 DSG is their view

Great afternoon and well worth the 5 hour round trip.

Hope this is of some help!
Wow that yellow caliper does not at all latch the lotus yellow. That seems a significant oversight

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think it’s supposed to be an accent colour on other colour schemes rather than match the Hethel Yellow.

You could do yellow calipers with Seneca Blue like the show car for example.

I did an unscientific survey of Google images of yellow Evoras and most had black or red calipers. Very few with yellow, and all of those had different yellow than the bodywork.

Yellow + yellow is now starting to look less good in my eyes, but I’m mindful I’m now over-thinking it. Last weekend I couldn’t even remember what colour calipers I had on my two current Lotus and had to go out to check!

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Last weekend I couldn’t even remember what colour calipers I had on my two current Lotus and had to go out to check!
This is the best part isn’t it? Basically any combo will work. So subjective.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think it’s supposed to be an accent colour on other colour schemes rather than match the Hethel Yellow.

I did an unscientific survey of Google images of yellow Evoras and most had black or red calipers. Very few with yellow, and all of those had different yellow than the bodywork.

Yellow + yellow is now starting to look less good in my eyes, but I’m mindful I’m now over-thinking it. Last weekend I couldn’t even remember what colour calipers I had on my two current Lotus and had to go out to check!
I'd go with black calipers with the yellow paint. Especially if you are getting the black pack

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, that’s my current spec. I’d been considering painting the calipers Hethel Yellow after delivery but now thinking leave them black.

Smudger

Reaction score
I was at the viewing at Parks of Hamilton (Scotland) on Friday afternoon - wow!

The only "Junior" Supercar aspect of the Emira is the engine type and straight-line performance - make no mistake, in the flesh the Emira has Supercar looks and presence.

In my eyes, this is the most accomplished sports car design since the Ian Callum designed Aston Martin Vantage. it is well proportioned, handsome, beautiful, aggressive, purposeful, poised, dramatic and fluid. Achieving all of that in one design is a simply phenomenal achievement that the entire team led by Russell Carr should be congratulated on.

The only slight reservations I had before viewing, based on my own observations from videos and also comments here, were that the roof-line might be just a touch on the high side and it might be too wide for its overall size. These reservations evaporated immediately on viewing in the flesh.

COLOURS - GREEN
I'll call this breaking news as I've not seen it mentioned before here. The green samples are incorrect and the actual green will be lighter - more in line with what you see on the configurator. I was told this by Alastair Florance, Group PR Manager. He said they had just discovered this week that the green samples were wrong (too dark) and new samples will be issued. This puts green back into my short-list!

COLOURS - NIMBUS
I've seen lots of comments about this colour - the simplest and most helpful thing I can say is it's silver, plain and simple and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not a warm silver as the configurator suggests, it's not a cool bluey silver - it's neutral, not unlike my Arctic silver 996 Carrera 4S. One of my options is now silver with black pack, diamond cut alloys and red and black interior. The fact this looks not unlike Gordon Murray's T.50 for 1/30th of the price is remarkable - in fact the Emira is a better looking car than the T.50!

gordon-murray-automotive-t5012.jpg

Final note for now...

WHEELS
The diamond cut wheels look incredible, and what I love about them is that the cut and lacquered faces have a dull rather than bright finish which gives them a purposeful, engineered look rather than a "blingy" look. Cool as you like.
See attached pictures I took from the color samples out in the sun, whether they are truly representative or not is down to Lotus...

Attachments

• IMG_20211101_125711.jpg
    IMG_20211101_125711.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20211101_125703.jpg
    IMG_20211101_125703.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20211101_125511.jpg
    IMG_20211101_125511.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 261

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
See attached pictures I took from the color samples out in the sun, whether they are truly representative or not is down to Lotus...
You know, I actually like all of the colors in this light. Even the verdant green, about which much diversity of opinion has been expressed, to me looks quite elegant in the sunlight. I like the nimbus gray too. Some have said it’s just another silver, but silver can be quite handsome, especially on emira’s shape. I wish the red was deeper….it’s attractive but comes up short for me compared to soul red crystal. Shadow grey is nice, I’m sure, but if I was selecting a color that I want to mimic black under some circumstances, I think I would choose verdant green for its added flexibility. While both the yellow and the blue are striking, they are just too youthful for me. I want elegant. I hope to make a impression whether I’m arriving in jeans/t-shirt or a tux. We are all very lucky, no matter what we choose!

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
He
Just out of interest I took a screenshot of Harrys video and ran it through Topaz Labs Gigapixel AI at 4X. Took some noise out and did a colour balance. This was the result. That red does look nice.
Hey mate as advised a few times on the forum these are not the actual FE Lotus colours. They are only for validation and not samples accurate. The swatches/forms are the colours to use when making up your mind. Please note we will be getting car forms prior to locking in final build which is not required till the 14th of Jan 2022. That’s directly confirmed by Lotus head office.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

The thing is the yellow doesn’t even match the yellow of the badge on the wheel hub.
Just out of interest I took a screenshot of Harrys video and ran it through Topaz Labs Gigapixel AI at 4X. Took some noise out and did a colour balance. This was the result. That red does look nice.

View attachment 1151
quit posting (please!!). this they have already need said to NOT be the FE color

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
He

Hey mate as advised a few times on the forum these are not the actual FE Lotus colours. They are only for validation and not samples accurate. The swatches/forms are the colours to use when making up your mind. Please note we will be getting car forms prior to locking in final build which is not required till the 14th of Jan 2022. That’s directly confirmed by Lotus head office.
Yeah, I wasn't suggesting that it was Magma, in fact I did post previously that is was not Magma. I just thought it looked a nice red. :)

Like yourself - I'm going Yellow. I had an S1 Elise in Norfolk Mustard (metallic) and loved it. The solid HY will still look great on the Emira.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

View attachment 1151
This red doesn’t look like it’s a metallic, at least not in the same way the silver car behind it does. It has that same Ferrari red look. Nice, but not what I’m looking for.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This is an interesting article about car colours (UK)

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
using your colour sample, i've made an approximate 'real' nimbus grey
View attachment 1152
It’s nice, plenty will still love it, but to me the Nimbus clearly is more silver than the grey/beige that was expected from the configurator and just isn’t different enough. I’ve changed to red for now, it’s bold and brighter than the configurator (Until lotus reveal some real car pics which might get me to change back)

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It’s nice, plenty will still love it, but to me the Nimbus clearly is more silver than the grey/beige that was expected from the configurator and just isn’t different enough. I’ve changed to red for now, it’s bold and brighter than the configurator (Until lotus reveal some real car pics which might get me to change back)
Think I have nailed the final final
spec! Nimbus, alcantara with hello stitch, black callipers (no colour clashes!) IPS/auto. Toying with black pack. A few changes from when I paid 2nd deposit but think I’m done ✅

Attachments

• DBA8A944-FC38-4B83-9E4F-DAB22DDC3737.jpeg
    DBA8A944-FC38-4B83-9E4F-DAB22DDC3737.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 102