Last of the V6s - 2024 Emira 430 Cup

MickOpalak

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch this little tidbit in the EVO review?

287577315_10104652624210709_6804203427609658609_n.jpg

Apparently the last V6 model will be the 2024 430 Cup. I'm assuming there will also be a base model 2024 Emira V6.

I really wish that they continue making it. Mann!! Just imagine if there were a convertible version. It'll be soooo AWESOME!!

Least the numbers of v6 cars produced will be low if they are going to finish the production of the v6 in 2024 👌🏽

So basically those cars are going to be very rare.

I believe Lotus originally said they were targeting 1,600 Emira sales per year in the US. First edition is 700 cars. If v6 is discontinued in 2025 along with Euro7, that's 700 + 1,600 + 1,600 = 3,900 Emira in the US of which some number is AMG. Entirely possible there are less than 3,000 manual Emiras ever on the continent.

That would make them potentially even more rare than Elise/Exige (combined) are today.

Last edited:
Is the prospect of 30 extra horsepower 2 years out appealing enough for any prospective buyers to wait? I was originally concerned about missing out on higher performance in short-term upcoming revisions of the model, but 30HP seems (to me) like a very small increase that does not warrant delaying a purchase.

Hello everyone, this IS NOT any official announcement of anything, it’s a car journalist making out of school comments, probably based on some garage conversations that he had no business repeating.

However, it is highly likely the V6 swan song will be model year 2024 but nothing prevents them from continuing to produce the V6 for the North American market in Model Year 2025. Especially if they can move 1000+ cars as a result.

nothing prevents them from continuing to produce the V6 for the North American market in Model Year 2025.

Unless Toyota stops making the old 2GR or they have some sort of contractual disagreement.

Is the prospect of 30 extra horsepower 2 years out appealing enough for any prospective buyers to wait? I was originally concerned about missing out on higher performance in short-term upcoming revisions of the model, but 30HP seems (to me) like a very small increase that does not warrant delaying a purchase.

No appealing enough for me to wait, but appealing enough that I'll reserve a build slot and see how things play out!

Hello everyone, this IS NOT any official announcement of anything, it’s a car journalist making out of school comments, probably based on some garage conversations that he had no business repeating.

However, it is highly likely the V6 swan song will be model year 2024 but nothing prevents them from continuing to produce the V6 for the North American market in Model Year 2025. Especially if they can move 1000+ cars as a result.

Yeah this is all speculation. Don't they also begin producing the Alpine/Lotus EV at Hethel in 2025? Feels like it makes sense for them to consolidate Emira complexity as they introduce a new model as well.

I guess if you want one, you gotta put in a reserve now since it's supposedly sold out for 2 years.

If it’s anything like the GT430 it’ll be well worth every penny.

And I'm assuming that most folks who choose the V6 are also choosing the manual transmission, so the automatic V6s will actually be the most rare models.
You only have to go on auto trader and type on auto lotus and there is about 5 and they all say really rare auto and the prices are high 👌🏽.
Not that I care for the price I just want to drive it and clock them miles up as much as my time will let me 🙌🙌