• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Last of the V6s - 2024 Emira 430 Cup

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I don't think the Emira will draw in many "tuners". The Lotus crowd has traditionally been about mountain driving, autocrossing, HPDEs, etc. To me the tuner crowd is always about big wheels, big turbos, big subwoofers, slammed suspensions, underbody neon, over the top body kits, etc. That's simply just not the Lotus drivers I know. Sure, there are a couple out there, but the vast majority of owners aren't like that.
I think this is a slightly outdated perception of tuner culture. That may be close to "stance" culture, which still involves slammed cars and widebodies, but most tuners of the 90s have grown up and now they can build some scary capable, respectable rides.

Plus, I've heard more than once, the scariest thing on a highway is a middle-aged man in an old sh*tbox with no interior, because you just never know :LOL:

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
To me the scariest thing on the roads is someone who just got their license or someone too old to be driving any longer.
I think that is a different kind of scary... that's more of an "I'm going to get run off the road" than an "I'm going to get blown off the road"