June checkouts for UK Autos

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

So, I have finally come to the end of my Mercedes agreement, and have to get rid of my current car next week. I am supposed to be checking out this month so I can pick up my Emira next month… so far, no checkout email!

Has anyone else gotten the checkout mail for a UK auto this month? I’m starting to get concerned that Lotus have gone off making i4’s and I’ll be pushed again. I cannot go months without a car, or in this case wait indefinitely until lotus thinks it’s in their interest to sell me a car, so will have to cancel and get something else. Other emails to me seem to drop in the first few days of the month, so I assumed checkout would have arrived last week…

Cheers.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi all,

So, I have finally come to the end of my Mercedes agreement, and have to get rid of my current car next week. I am supposed to be checking out this month so I can pick up my Emira next month… so far, no checkout email!

Has anyone else gotten the checkout mail for a UK auto this month? I’m starting to get concerned that Lotus have gone off making i4’s and I’ll be pushed again. I cannot go months without a car, or in this case wait indefinitely until lotus thinks it’s in their interest to sell me a car, so will have to cancel and get something else. Other emails to me seem to drop in the first few days of the month, so I assumed checkout would have arrived last week…

Cheers.
@action_turtle
You and others might find the below useful.....

Enhance Protect email 2nd of May
Checkout email 25th of May
Identity check 1st June
Final Invoice 2nd June
Delivery 12th June (To Dealer)

I didn't hang around and moved fast on every email, it's seems things are moving faster now. (Mine also a V6 Auto)

OP
A

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
@action_turtle

Identity check 1st June
Final Invoice 2nd June

I didn't hang around and moved fast on every email, it's seems things are moving faster now. (Mine also a V6 Auto)
I had the Enhance and Protect email on the 2nd of May too, but nothing to act on it, just links to info pages. Did you have options to add products at this point?

Quick turnaround from checkout onwards, which is encouraging.

Side note; Your account contradicts what I was told by CS on price hike day, as they said ALL UK autos will be made from June onwards, so we all pay the hike. Unless you paid more, as the final invoice was in June? Decent communication would make all this more manageable. I'm definitely never preordering a new model car from these guys again; tbh id probably never buy a car directly from them again.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had the Enhance and Protect email on the 2nd of May too, but nothing to act on it, just links to info pages. Did you have options to add products at this point?

Side note; Your account contradicts what I was told by CS on price hike day, as they said ALL UK autos will be made from June onwards, so we all pay the hike. Unless you paid more, as the final invoice was in June? Decent communication would make all this more manageable. I'm definitely never preordering a new model car from these guys again; tbh id probably never buy a car directly from them again.
I had options to add with the checkout email and I have paid the original price not the inflated one. It seems the second batch of Autos are going out now.

What was your original deposit date?

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

this...
as they said ALL UK autos will be made from June onwards
is complete clap trap as i got an email on the 6th of April saying mine was with the transport team back then.
I got mine so late after due to me messing about not Lotus. It was ready to be delivered/collected back then.

OP
A

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I had options to add with the checkout email and I have paid the original price not the inflated one. It seems the second batch of Autos are going out now.

What was your original deposit date?
Lotus once again giving bad info, shock …

I paid in September 2021 via the website. So I hope I’m in this batch of autos . Was yours at goodwood?

OP
A

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
this...

is complete clap trap as i got an email on the 6th of April saying mine was with the transport team back then.
I got mine so late after due to me messing about not Lotus. It was ready to be delivered/collected back then.
Yeah seems that was a customer service lie to make me feel better about getting shafted £6k. At least I know they are producing autos, I guess that’s something

MikeR

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
2nd May enhance and protect (informational) email for me too.

Expecting June build of my UK FE V6 auto for July collection with ‘enhanced’ pricing as in previous Lotus email. No sign of checkout email so far. Was a Sept 2021 dealer roadshow depositor.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lotus once again giving bad info, shock …

I paid in September 2021 via the website. So I hope I’m in this batch of autos . Was yours at goodwood?
July 10th deposit is why I’m price protected.

I guess you in the third batch for a July delivery.

OP
A

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
July 10th deposit is why I’m price protected.

I guess you in the third batch for a July delivery.
Wish I sorted it earlier.

With your timings, I could get checkout at the end of month and still collect next. So still some hope. Will have to carshare the family bus from Monday onwards 🤦🏾‍♂️ lol

m30rpg

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Enhance Protect email 2nd of May as well
Checkout email - Yet to happen for me (I called Lotus on 30th of May was told car in production and check out would be in approx 2 weeks time (so I guess 1 more week wait potentially from now)
Delivery - was told it be anywhere up to 30 day from check out - so collection could be late June up to Mid July for my own car they said.

Patiently waiting.....

OP
A

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Enhance Protect email 2nd of May as well
Checkout email - Yet to happen for me (I called Lotus on 30th of May was told car in production and check out would be in approx 2 weeks time (so I guess 1 more week wait potentially from now)
Delivery - was told it be anywhere up to 30 day from check out - so collection could be late June up to Mid July for my own car they said.

Patiently waiting.....
2 weeks? I was told anytime this month, so up to the 30th. Lets hope you are correct and next week is the week!

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also got “Enhance & Protect” on 2nd May. I was told June build, July delivery. V6 manual, post price increase. Subsequently been told mid-late June production by LCS.
No news (clearly is good news) so far.

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@action_turtle

Identity check 1st June
Final Invoice 2nd June

I got my Enhance/Protect email 2nd of May too.

And absolutely nothing since (V6 manual).

OP
A

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Update on where im at!

On Friday, I got the checkout email, so I filled all that in, which took a few minutes. Then Lotus Finance rang me about an hour or two later to tell me everything had gone through, I had been accepted, and Lotus will contact me 'shortly'. I waited until today, then rang Finance back up, not customer services, as they never seem to know anything. They told me that Lotus needed my plate retention certificate and what email address to send it to. So I did that whilst on the phone. He also told me I missed out on a slot to be called this week, but it looks like I should get a call next week. Once I get that call, I will be able to send over the deposit money and digitally sign the agreements, and collect the car on the selected date!

I find it strange that the finance guy could tell me where I am in the queue, but customer services never could. But it's par for the course at this point, I guess.

So progress has been made, finally!

OP
A

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Okay, update 2...

Something has happened to push me into getting the call today and not next week. Result. Im picking it up Wednesday from the factory!

It's worth noting they will send you an ID confirmation email via Stripe, and I think it's a one-time use link. I clicked the link on my Mac, but it wanted a camera, so I used the same link on my phone, and the link expired. Used CS web chat to get them to send another mail, and did it all on iPhone. Image of my driver's licence and a photo of my face. CS confirmed on webchat they received it and will send the invoice within 48 hours (after I sign the credit agreement, which I did soon after the verification).

I'll update this thread with anything that might help others if something pops up.

Last edited: