July Deliveries

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
8th at 11am for me so not going exactly to time of deposit then!...........

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not sure if this is old news, but people are now being called regarding July deliveries
Just had my call for July delivery. I'm not sure which date was used for the deposit as my first deposit on 8th July (08:30) was rejected by Nationwide bank (although generated a deposit with Lotus) and after trying again the next day, it failed again due to the Nationwide fraud/security system despite them assuring me all would be OK. I made a succesful payment by credit card (a Nationwide card!) later on in the afternoon of the 9th.

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just had my call for July delivery. I'm not sure which date was used for the deposit as my first deposit on 8th July (08:30) was rejected by Nationwide bank (although generated a deposit with Lotus) and after trying again the next day, it failed again due to the Nationwide fraud/security system despite them assuring me all would be OK. I made a succesful payment by credit card (a Nationwide card!) later on in the afternoon of the 9th.
It was the 8th, a few people i know that have been contacted today were all the 8th

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Anyone from the 9th of July been contacted yet?

tjlazer

Reaction score
Congratulations all! I was chasing my dealer today for news. He’s getting the demo in for April so that will whet my appetite pending the i4 details. Seeing one is exciting but getting the keys is going to be a great day!

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did they ask about finance or how you want to purchase the car?
Yes they mentioned that the Lotus website has finance options should you be needing financing and also info on px. They also said that you have until 4th Feb to make any changes to your config, any changes after this would delay delivery. I confirmed that whatever the configurator shows now is your current final build.
The next call will be a month before delivery to confirm where you want the car delivered (a Lotus retailer or your home address), to sign the contract (not sure if this will be electronically?) and finally to transfer a big wodge of money from your bank to theirs.

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was originally told June , now July !
I am a 7-7-21 both deposits paid
You previously had a call/email stating a June delivery but this has now been shifted to July? Did you change spec?

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes they mentioned that the Lotus website has finance options should you be needing financing and also info on px. They also said that you have until 4th Feb to make any changes to your config, any changes after this would delay delivery. I confirmed that whatever the configurator shows now is your current final build.
The next call will be a month before delivery to confirm where you want the car delivered (a Lotus retailer or your home address), to sign the contract (not sure if this will be electronically?) and finally to transfer a big wodge of money from your bank to theirs.
This is going against the grain for me. I've never bought a new car and paid for it fully in advance of picking it up. I have always paid upon collection to make sure I'm happy with it.
Part of me also worries that I've paid for something I havent received, what if the company becomes insolvent ? By signing the contract, I take it that the car becomes legally mine🤷‍♂️.
I'd be interested to know the typical T&C that people have signed in similar scenario's.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This is going against the grain for me. I've never bought a new car and paid for it fully in advance of picking it up. I have always paid upon collection to make sure I'm happy with it.
Part of me also worries that I've paid for something I havent received, what if the company becomes insolvent ? By signing the contract, I take it that the car becomes legally mine🤷‍♂️.
I'd be interested to know the typical T&C that people have signed in similar scenario's.
It’s a great question but the car isn’t legally yours until it’s been delivered. If the company was to go insolvent between paying for the car and receiving it the creditors of the company would own all the assets and have first say of the assets. You might be able to claim 30 grand off the credit card company under section 75 of the consumer credit act if you used a credit card to make one of the two deposits.
Anyone buying direct is in the same situation no matter which manufacturer for a high value car.

Of course if you went with finance you’d be covered.

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s a great question but the car isn’t legally yours until it’s been delivered. If the company was to go insolvent between paying for the car and receiving it the creditors of the company would own all the assets and have first say of the assets. You might be able to claim 30 grand off the credit card company under section 75 of the consumer credit act if you used a credit card to make one of the two deposits.
Anyone buying direct is in the same situation no matter which manufacturer for a high value car.

Of course if you went with finance you’d be covered.
Thanks for the clarification Tony, it however it hasn't helped my anxiety for paying before collection😀