John Player Special

4thedrivers

Reaction score
While we are all waiting for our build dates to arrive, thought it would be timely to consider possible future special editions of the Emira, particularly the iconic John Player Special livery. The black and gold accents would play very nicely with the Emira design language. Perhaps a touch of carbon fiber and forged gold light weight rims to add some tension to the package.
Fire away with your thoughts!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
While we are all waiting for our build dates to arrive, thought it would be timely to consider possible future special editions of the Emira, particularly the iconic John Player Special livery. The black and gold accents would play very nicely with the Emira design language. Perhaps a touch of carbon fiber and forged gold light weight rims to add some tension to the package.
Here is a knock-out Lotus F1 livery that many people are unaware of, and one of the best looking featuring the iconic Martini Racing stripes.
DsizsCvWkAAXNn0.jpeg.jpg

This is the Lotus 80, the same livery having featured on the 79 at the end of its racing career.

Do any of our resident graphics gurus fancy recreating this on a Dark Verdant Emira?!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
...and here is another photo, fancy a crack at this @Eagle7 ? No small undertaking though!
Mario-Andretti-Lotus-80-Monaco.jpg

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Stunning work as usual @Eagle7 ! As for the Martini livery, I may paint that at some point so no real expectation that you will actually do it as it looks like a TON of work!
Thank you lol. Yeah it would be, mostly trying to figure out exactly what to do and how to map it so it doesn't distort.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That could work so well with black canopy and the fat arches on the emira
Won't it just! Those stripes could work a treat - I can already see in my mind's eye how they'd follow and enhance the shape, will start doodling (and probably drooling...) soon!

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
There's a guy on the Emira Facebook group that shared a ton of these renderings that are really amazing. I was going to download them and share on here a few weeks ago, but got lazy 😄

simonb

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Black and gold would also be an interesting nod to the F1 car that came out of Team Enstone
the E23 with a merc engine

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There's a guy on the Emira Facebook group that shared a ton of these renderings that are really amazing. I was going to download them and share on here a few weeks ago, but got lazy 😄
That was me. Feel free to download the tool (I put the link in my signature) and you can create your own. It's about the only way I can keep sane while waiting for my Emira to arrive. :D