Japan - Shipping and Delivery (輸送中エミーラ目撃情報)

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It looks like it is finally ready for a test drive. Perhaps Tokyo?

Osaka will be getting a test drive shortly. They've already gotten the license plate number.

And my Emira is now scheduled for delivery in late August.

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And my Emira is now scheduled for delivery in late August.
I remember your delivery date was June, but now it became late August… hmm Lotus and LCI should never use the word “soon”.
Sorry to hear that.

Mine originally scheduled to arrive to Japan in July, but radio silence. It might not even been build. Buying of BRZ or 595 momento is getting better way for me, haha.

JamesW

Reaction score
Finally some good news

My dealer just told me my Emira has arrived in Japan, passed the customs and the PDI check is also completed , plan to heading to the factory in 太田区 early August.

車検証 will be ready by end of August. So likely to pick up the car sometime in September

My order number is 21

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That is great news!!! Might be a good idea to go see the car on a lift with the bottom panels removed, and check the grounding with the tech team.

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Finally some good news

My dealer just told me my Emira has arrived in Japan, passed the customs and the PDI check is also completed , plan to heading to the factory in 太田区 early August.

車検証 will be ready by end of August. So likely to pick up the car sometime in September

My order number is 21
My car has already arrived at the dealer.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wish I have the time, but since they are not big motor , I trust the tech team will do a good job 😂
Well, YOU might be ok, but not sure about the insurance companies. Speaking of, are the insurance companies in Japan ready for the Emira?
自動車保険を提供している保険会社でエミーラを認識しているのだろうか?料率はもう決まったのかな。

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thin layer of rust on the rotors, but this is normal. The rust looks even, without deep gouges or signs of cracked pads.
View attachment 24759
This is not normal. Manufacturers typically apply a cosmoline rust inhibitor to any ferrous parts prior to ocean transport. Why Lotus is not doing this is an utter mystery to me.

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Two Emiras for test drive have been arrived to LOTUS fukuoka.
But they doen’t have a registered number yet, so customers cannot drive them for a while.

hal

Reaction score
Finally some good news

My order number is 21
Lotus Tokyo? I'm number 33 and no updates whatsoever.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is not normal.
Just to clarify, I meant normal for steel rotors that have been sitting outside for a few days.
I'm not familiar with shipping procedures, but these cars are being driven around the docks and on/off the ships. Any protective coating applied to the rotors at Hethel or Southampton would surely be scraped off by the brake pads by the time the car reaches the destination port, clears customs and vehicle import inspections? Expensive cars may be shipped in a container or on a pallet, but these Emiras came off a RoRo vessel...

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just to clarify, I meant normal for steel rotors that have been sitting outside for a few days.
I'm not familiar with shipping procedures, but these cars are being driven around the docks and on/off the ships. Any protective coating applied to the rotors at Hethel or Southampton would surely be scraped off by the brake pads by the time the car reaches the destination port, clears customs and vehicle import inspections? Expensive cars may be shipped in a container or on a pallet, but these Emiras came off a RoRo vessel...
Nah, the short use of that type wouldn't burn off the cosmoline. The condition of that car only makes sense if it was a dynamic demonstrator they were moving around from place to place.

FYI plenty of inexpensive cars that are port held in the same way make it to the dealer with the rust protection in place. For example Subaru, for whom I used to be a dealer service manager.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did the MORNING CAROL ever dock?
Yes, the MORNING CAROL docked, unloaded, and left as scheduled yesterday (Thursday). I haven't been down there to see what was unloaded, but the recent buzz about customer cars arriving in Japan points to this ship...

JamesW

Reaction score
Lotus Tokyo? I'm number 33 and no updates whatsoever.
Yes lotus Tokyo. I’m calling my dealer every 2 weeks to check for updates, they never reach out to me. Maybe worth asking them

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Recently had mail correspondence with my LCI sales person in charge of me at the Harajuku showroom/store. I was told my I4 will be a made at Hethel in November 2023, and that it then will go on the slow-boat-to Japan, maybe arriving within end of the year. However, I was also told that the likely timing for actual delivery (to me) will be either February or March. I suspect the I4 will need its own homologation by Japanese authorities, and since my car is one of the first to arrive, most likely part of the homologation process will only happen after these cars have arrived. (All the talk about homologation, or national approval, is my own, and the Lotus sales person remained mum on all such issues throughout.)

But, at least there is some light to be seen at the end of the tunnel. Beforehand I will enjoy watching some of their Emira V6 “beasties” that I can now observe have started rollin’ across the boarder into Japan 🇯🇵

Last edited:
OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
CEPHEUS LEADER arrived at Daikoku today and will leave tomorrow afternoon. Not sure what it carried from the UK via Port Hueneme (CA) though.
1690540428875.png

On 2023/07/31 (monday) the MORNING LINDA, which left Southampton on 2023/06/20 and most recently stopped by Tacoma (WA) will arrive in Daikoku.
1690540727510.png

One observation: it takes the same 38 to 40 days to reach Yokohama after leaving Southampton in both east bound (Suez canal) and west bound (Panama canal) routes. Either way, it gives us enough time for the paint to cure (y)

That's it for the week. Have a nice weekend!

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had much morning, I cannot have supper🤣