Intermittent sound from parking sensors when reverse gear selected

M100man

Reaction score
New fault for me this morning. When parking the camera shows red warning as it should as it gets closer to my garage back wall . However no bleeping from sensors sometimes during the whole parking manoeuvre. Anyone come across this ?

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another Lotus quirk and feature apparently. On my 2nd dealer test drive when at a stop, the car's parking sensors would be beep one time for no reason. It did it 3 separate times whether in traffic or not.
Backup alert not beeping is much more worrisome.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Another Lotus quirk and feature apparently. On my 2nd dealer test drive when at a stop, the car's parking sensors would be beep one time for no reason. It did it 3 separate times whether in traffic or not.
Backup alert not beeping is much more worrisome.
My E class has 360 sensors and will beep if others drive too close to me at low speeds, or even if i have stopped. Maybe similar?

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My E class has 360 sensors and will beep if others drive too close to me at low speeds, or even if i have stopped. Maybe similar?
I thought/hoped so too at first because was in traffic. Then it did it twice when no one was around...only when at stop.

nimbusblack

Reaction score
New fault for me this morning. When parking the camera shows red warning as it should as it gets closer to my garage back wall . However no bleeping from sensors sometimes during the whole parking manoeuvre. Anyone come across this ?
my beeping tone gets turned off, as you're reversing the top right icon on the camera display is the sound, press it. Mine turns itself off regularly.

OP
M100man

M100man

Reaction score
my beeping tone gets turned off, as you're reversing the top right icon on the camera display is the sound, press it. Mine turns itself off regularly.
The red warning lines are intermittent at the moment as are the availability of the bleeps . No idea why will add to the list for B&C. Drove the car for the first time in driving rain today as a matter of interest. Scary on sport suspension and Cup2’s!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I thought/hoped so too at first because was in traffic. Then it did it twice when no one was around...only when at stop.

Screenshot_20230812_080006_Google.jpg

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Common fault is front number plate position. If positioned a little too high, it will interfere with the sensors. I had this when putting a private plate on the car, and after fitting a smaller front plate, the issue disappeared.