Imagine…

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So there are a few hundred people on the planet.

One group of a few hundred go to bed each night and wake up the next morning to go to work and learn how to help build a new car.

The other group wakes up and awaits information from the first group on the details of that car.

Some even know one another. Some of the first group may even read these posts from the second group.

I imagine a few of them taking pics of that countdown to production clock mentioned from the recent Hethel visits.

One night will come where the next morning they’ll begin building one of our cars. That’s my favorite part.

Some person of billions will be the last from Lotus to touch the steering wheel that will not include a TDC stitching for a manual FE V6 Emira.

Another person of billions will receive this same exact vehicle, maybe thousands of miles away, and the first thing they’ll do is go change that wheel.

Isn’t it amazing? Lotus workers reading this - thank you! Out of billions of people we will somehow be connected just because of some metal shaped a certain way and assembled a certain way. Quite cool!

#ForTheExcited

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Fantastic.

Quite a few of us will be lucky enough to visit the factory, see our specific car being built and meet the people who are building it.

Others will be able to collect their car in person from its birthplace, perhaps even drive it on the test track on the way out.

Even if the owners don't do that, the final sign off for every car will mean it has done some miles on the Hethel track before it leaves. The same track that drivers like Senna and Clark used to test their F1 cars.

Others will make a pilgrimage with their car at some point later in its life to see the place where it was born.

And a lucky few will be doing work on their car many years later and will find a signature or message written on a panel somewhere inside, from one of those people who proudly built that car.

We are connected.

#uslot

IMG_8540_Still_Crop.jpg

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Even if the owners don't do that, the final sign off for every car will mean it has done some miles on the Hethel track before it leaves. The same track that drivers like Senna and Clark used to test their F1 cars.
This is very cool to think about.

I wonder if Lotus will offer an option that I know some German brands do, which is to allow us foreign buyers to come pick the car up from the Factory, drive it around England for a period of time, and then return it to the factory for them to ship the car to your home country.

This may be a bit of an issue for those with the steering wheels on the left, but still, would be very cool.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I wonder if Lotus will offer an option that I know some German brands do, which is to allow us foreign buyers to come pick the car up from the Factory, drive it around England for a period of time, and then return it to the factory for them to ship the car to your home country.

This may be a bit of an issue for those with the steering wheels on the left, but still, would be very cool.
Thought about it.
Maybe this way I can get to the trip of Isle of Man without having to drive from Spain and back.

I would be awesome, and could do the first revision at Hethel and maybe a few laps!

#ForTheDreamers

OP
TXEMIRA

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Some poor dude is working on a PowerPoint and is seriously considering a font change…

Their whole job is to report back to their bosses on what the communication plan should look like.

“Boss. In the US there are going to be some people upset with us. Here on slide 37 I’ve laid out our response strategy. Yes, this bold and italicized line here is critical. It’s that Emira Forum group. Yes I know. It’s also larger font, all for affect. We are going to have to tell them that some folks may have made deposits months prior to others that will be getting cars. It’s going to be a blood bath so I went with Magma font here.” ;)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

That question was asked last week by @CarGuy07 and I've put him in touch with relevant people at Hethel to see if it's feasible. Hopefully he can get an answer and post up in a new thread on here for others who are interested.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I would definitely consider a trip to pick up my car at the factory!!

Not sure how that would work with left hand drive. No issues at the Welt in Germany…

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That question was asked last week by @CarGuy07 and I've put him in touch with relevant people at Hethel to see if it's feasible. Hopefully he can get an answer and post up in a new thread on here for others who are interested.
I heard back. At the moment they’re trying to keep everyone COViD free so don’t think it’s possible at the moment. Should it changes in the future they will let us know. They mentioned buying from a Euro dealer though which led me to believe that we’re not aligned on the process which I clarified in follow up email. IMO, given how niche Lotus has been, they likely did not have the budget or manpower to have such programs in place. To start now would take quite a bit of work. Also, the right-handed vs left-handed drive might be a big factor considering we’ll be picking up a US-specced car.

There is the Lotus Experience that they’re working on bringing back for 2023 where folks can drive cars on their track. Stay tuned for that. I will post updates here, if any.

Best,
Kenny