• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Ice Grey leather seats , wear protection / upkeep

teamvxracing

Reaction score
Seen a few photos of wear / blueish marking on the seats on a demo car.

So far seen 4 uk dealers with this option.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That is not good BUT will almost always happen when a person wears blue denim jeans.

I have cream leather in two of my cars and know not to wear jeans. It just rubs off.

This is the main problem with light leathers and hence I went with black alcanara.
I do not know of a product that stops this happening but surely there must be one.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have ordered ice grey, I never wear jeans

Hopefully the GardX treatment offers some protection. May need to be applied every other month to work properly

The colour looks great but it also seems to show creases easy, There was a photo posted a couple of days ago of a newly collected car. It looked like the seats had creases already

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There are ceramic coatings that offer some protection. I had gyeon leather shield (not leather coat), on my white tesla seats, which worked really well to prevent colour transfer. Even when there was a little transfer, it was easy to wipe away with a damp cloth/ leather cleaner once the coating was on.

ott

Reaction score
Corrently have 3 cars with white leather seats and I'm wearing jeans. Just never wear them when brand new, they should be washed before. Also moist jeans either from sweat or rain will leave marks.

For protection have used: https://www.nasiol.com/nano-coating-for-leather-protection/ and this stuff works really well, even after 8 years seats look like new. Creases happen when leather gets dirty and is not cleaned, more its problem with black leather as it hides dirt.