• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I’m starting to feel it slipping away…

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes when news/pics first broke on this beauty and the common consensus was this will be something with supercar looks at sports car price, I was extremely intrigued. It’ll be positioned as a competitor/alternative to the 718, many said. Except the 718 spans many models and a wide price range.
With the pricing of the I4FE released, and some educated guessing it looks like for UK/US the base I4 would come in somewhere betw the 718 GTS and GT4. For now I can only use this as a gauge for the eventual pricing in Singapore and if this remains true sad to say ill likely have to skip this and go after something a tad more affordable :(. The taxes here likely makes this car prohibitively expensive.
ill keep fingers crossed till the final numbers come out…

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes when news/pics first broke on this beauty and the common consensus was this will be something with supercar looks at sports car price, I was extremely intrigued. It’ll be positioned as a competitor/alternative to the 718, many said. Except the 718 spans many models and a wide price range.
With the pricing of the I4FE released, and some educated guessing it looks like for UK/US the base I4 would come in somewhere betw the 718 GTS and GT4. For now I can only use this as a gauge for the eventual pricing in Singapore and if this remains true sad to say ill likely have to skip this and go after something a tad more affordable :(. The taxes here likely makes this car prohibitively expensive.
That be a shame. What are the price differences I'm Singapore between the FE and equivalent 718 GTS?

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I remember visiting Singapore on business a few years ago. My host picked me up in a BMW 5 series which was the same colour as a 5 I was driving at the time. I told him, "Oh, I drive the same car", then he told me how much he paid for it and my jaw dropped. It was Ferrari money, any thoughts of moving to Singapore quickly dissipated.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I remember visiting Singapore on business a few years ago. My host picked me up in a BMW 5 series which was the same colour as a 5 I was driving at the time. I told him, "Oh, I drive the same car", then he told me how much he paid for it and my jaw dropped. It was Ferrari money, any thoughts of moving to Singapore quickly dissipated.
I had similar with my Golf Gti and a trip to Holland!!! We are lucky I'm UK really

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This sh give you a feel of the numbers I’m facing here :oops:
GTS: ~£280k/USD370k
GT4: ~ £310k/USD400k
now take a moment and be glad of the prices in your country :p
😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
You probably get paid 10 x more than me though 😉 lol
How much is the Emira for comparison?

OP
klho001

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
You probably get paid 10 x more than me though 😉 lol
How much is the Emira for comparison?
The V6FE is beyond GT4 territory…
would really love for the I4 base to be comparable to the 718 S but that looks unlikely .

masterpede

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm not sure these are fair comparisons... The base I4 is more in the range of a base 718 cayman S.

You can compare a fully decked out emira V6 FE with a base 718 gts.
The base cayman 718 gts costs (in switzerland) 10k less then a fully decked out emira.
For example, just getting the memory seats will cost an extra of 3.5k. And now you want the performance pack, LED lights, etc. (you know how Porsche is with 100+ possible options)

To conclude: If you want the base i4, you should compare it to the 718 cayman s.

OP
klho001

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure these are fair comparisons... The base I4 is more in the range of a base 718 cayman S.

You can compare a fully decked out emira V6 FE with a base 718 gts.
The base cayman 718 gts costs (in switzerland) 10k less then a fully decked out emira.
For example, just getting the memory seats will cost an extra of 3.5k. And now you want the performance pack, LED lights, etc. (you know how Porsche is with 100+ possible options)

To conclude: If you want the base i4, you should compare it to the 718 cayman s.
It looks like at least in the uk the base I4 is priced bet the 718S and GTS.
Then here I’ll hv to further add a lump sum tax which is in a way a “fixed” amount I.e. it’ll rep a larger % increase for a base I4 vs a FEV6.
in any case, affordable is not the word I’d use here :rolleyes:.
im sure in due time I’ll get the official numbers…till then will be here cont reading about debates over options etc

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This sh give you a feel of the numbers I’m facing here :oops:
GTS: ~£280k/USD370k
GT4: ~ £310k/USD400k
now take a moment and be glad of the prices in your country :p
Sad for your pain

dave355

Reaction score
Is that made up of import taxes or new car taxes sounds horrible either way hope it works out ok for you

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 2.49.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 2.49.12 PM.png

Last edited:

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Keep us posted. This forum is like a cult, we don't want people not getting a car a leaving so hopefully it works out for you.

I know this is a long shot, but if you have a good relationship with your dealer maybe just be honest with them and make them an offer.

OP
klho001

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
hahaha tks for all the support!!
Doesnt detract from all the great discussion I've experienced tho...
At the end of the day, cars are a luxury item, esp where I live. I still lead a most blessed existence, with or without Emira...

...hopefully with :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: