Earliest deposit dates for the i4

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As we seem to be getting closer to ordering our i4 FE, I wonder how early folks placed their deposits and chose the i4 option after the first phone call.

I paid on the 8th July but I know a few folks were much earlier than that. I need to know how close to the first build i4's I will be ;).

edit, I meant July of course, June was wishful thinking

Last edited:

Persad12

Reaction score
When i placed a deposit i was told that there wasnt a second list for I4 specifically. that you would be placed on the list and when the I4 allocations are released they would move up the list to whoever wants it. But majority of early deposit holders had placed interest in V6. When I placed my deposit in September i was told i was only the 4th person who shown interest in the I4

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
31st July.
I initially went for the V6 and paid 2nd deposit.
I’m now thinking of switching to the i4 so contacted Customer Care to ask and this was the reply:

Thank you for your email.

Factory are in the process of planning cars into production and allocating build slots. Once they have done so, they will provide us with a delivery estimation and it is at this point that we will contact you to advise on the next stages of the order process.

I would say that you are likely to take delivery in the first half of 2023. Please do bear in mind that this estimation has not been confirmed by factory therefore there is space for this to change.

As you have not received a delivery estimation yet, your position in the queue would not be affected if you were to swap to the FE i4.

OP
Cutting42

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
31st July.
I’m now thinking of switching to the i4 so contacted Customer Care to ask and this was the reply:

Factory are in the process of planning cars into production and allocating build slots. Once they have done so, they will provide us with a delivery estimation and it is at this point that we will contact you to advise on the next stages of the order process.

I would say that you are likely to take delivery in the first half of 2023. Please do bear in mind that this estimation has not been confirmed by factory therefore there is space for this to change.

As you have not received a delivery estimation yet, your position in the queue would not be affected if you were to swap to the FE i4.
Interesting data point, 1H 2023 for an end of July order is a long gap from the June 2022 deliveries of early July orders

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
31st July.

Thanks for posting, answers my question on another thread👍