• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

How to delete "service notice" in display?

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
Hello. I got my new emira in october 23. Now it shows in display during start procedere that I have to book a service. I called my dealer and he said this is kind of an issue that lotus made after building was finished. Does anybody know how to delete this issue by myself? I don't like to go to my dealer hundreds km away from home. Thanks.

Last edited:

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
Hello. I got my brand-new emira in october 23. Now it shows in display during start procedere that I have to book a service. I called my dealer and he said this is kind of an issue that lotus made after building was finished. Does anybody know how to delete this issue by myself? I don't like to go to my dealer hundreds km away from home. Thanks.
From the manual:
1710095114869.png

OP
Tom's Emira

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
OK, but still there is only the notice that I have to book a service... the tool as shown in the manual didn't appear yet, so I propably have to wait until it appears...

OP
Tom's Emira

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
I tried this process several times but it’s never removed the message.

Let me know if it works for you.
Unfortunately it doesn't work in my car either. I still cannot delete this messsge to book a service ...

Martylemoo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I finally managed to do this today. The manual is slightly wrong. With 'ignition' in position one, ie just get into the car and slight press on start button, then hold down reset button on the stalk, keep pressed and start the car, after about 10 seconds a yellow exclamation mark will flash, as soon as it does release the reset button. This resets the service to 365 days.

Martylemoo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As afr as I can tell there is no spanner symbol, this is where the manual is incorrect. Its actually a yellow triangle with exclamation mark.

OP
Tom's Emira

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
1000119813.jpg
Actually this service indication cannot be deleted. No method works...

OP
Tom's Emira

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
This is strange... in my car it doesn't work...

OP
Tom's Emira

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
It worked after several tries. I guess the key was press "reset button" and then immediately start engine before message in display shows "reset all warnings"...
Thanks for your hints...