❔ QUESTION How many miles you got on your Emira!?

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
2700 miles and 1 issue where the door lock was stuck in the cold and an engine light that stopped after a reset.

FeelsWheels

Reaction score
Anyone have zero issues and are racking up the miles?
508 miles (got it on Sunday) and so far have the following issues.

1. Headliner behind the drivers seat is making a rattling noise. It stops when I press up with my hand so I’m thinking something is loose.
2. Check engine light that doesn’t go away.
3 Apple CarPlay stopped working today and nothing would get it to connect again. Sucks because I was on the road. However, I just tried again after having the car off for about 30 min and it’s now working again.
4. The drivers side window doesn’t go down the entire way, or at least not as far down as the passenger one.
5. The plastic cover for the bolt that holds the seatbelt adjuster to the pillar came loose when I was joyriding with the windows down.

I have an appointment with the dealer set for Tuesday. But I find myself not giving too many Fs about these things as the constant smile and joy when driving it is completely overshadowing the issues! 😃

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm 13 days into ownership and just cleared the 1,000 mile mark today. So far, zero significant issues. The only, very minor issues I have encountered are as follows:

1. My iPhone 15 pro often does not wirelessly reconnect to CarPlay. It seems to happen about every other day. If I go into phone settings and connect via bluetooth to the Emira it works fine. I'm not sure yet whether this is a problem with my phone or the car itself. Not a big deal but somewhat annoying. I haven't had this issue with my BMW so I do suspect it may be the Emira.

2. There is a very slight ticking noise during acceleration and I've yet to figure out where it's coming from. It's kind of a faint flutter. No biggie, but I'd like to eliminate it if possible.

3. Sometimes my driver's side window likes to go back up when I put it down. This sometimes happens twice in a row. Eventually it stays down and this only happens maybe once every 10 times putting down the window.

4. The passenger weight sensor for the seatbelt is SUPER sensitive. If I literally put my phone on the passenger seat, it may start dinging indicating that the passenger seatbelt is not fastened. It's as if the passenger weight sensor is configured to detect literally half a pound of weight.

Despite these tiny issues, I consider the car to be nearly perfect and am thoroughly enjoying it as much as I possibly can. 100% LOVE IT.

Coreyalert3

Reaction score
I'm 13 days into ownership and just cleared the 1,000 mile mark today. So far, zero significant issues. The only, very minor issues I have encountered are as follows:

1. My iPhone 15 pro often does not wirelessly reconnect to CarPlay. It seems to happen about every other day. If I go into phone settings and connect via bluetooth to the Emira it works fine. I'm not sure yet whether this is a problem with my phone or the car itself. Not a big deal but somewhat annoying. I haven't had this issue with my BMW so I do suspect it may be the Emira.

2. There is a very slight ticking noise during acceleration and I've yet to figure out where it's coming from. It's kind of a faint flutter. No biggie, but I'd like to eliminate it if possible.

3. Sometimes my driver's side window likes to go back up when I put it down. This sometimes happens twice in a row. Eventually it stays down and this only happens maybe once every 10 times putting down the window.

4. The passenger weight sensor for the seatbelt is SUPER sensitive. If I literally put my phone on the passenger seat, it may start dinging indicating that the passenger seatbelt is not fastened. It's as if the passenger weight sensor is configured to detect literally half a pound of weight.

Despite these tiny issues, I consider the car to be nearly perfect and am thoroughly enjoying it as much as I possibly can. 100% LOVE IT.
I too have window issues rarely and same with cellphone in passenger seat. Incredible car though 😁

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
180 km currently. No problem. The only confusing thing is that if I loose my key in the trunk., I would have no way to unlock the car since it doesn't have the keyless entry.

JCOz

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
2,200 kms, 12 mths, minor issues that everyone has discussed in other posts.

2 track nights at Sydney Motorsport Park.

When, I'm out driving the car I don't really care about the issues on my car.

Having said that the car is currentl at the Dealer having all the issues fixed. It has taken Lotus HQ 12 months to signoff on the fixes but it has finally happend !

With Apple Carplay (on my car) it tends to not connect if I unlock the car, the iphone connects but if I don't start the car for a while, the iphone will disconnect. Once the car is started the iphone does not wirelessly reconnect.
Thus far if I manually go to the "connect" menu setting on the centre console and manually select my iphone it has reconnected every time.

Happy Driving

MrClean

Reaction score
Less than 50 miles so far (drove home from the dealership).

Carpet
Loose carpeting that needed to be retucked under the trim. Did it myself, no biggie.

Suspension bouncy
Car seems bouncy compared to what I remember from multiple test drives and a track day at Hethel last year. It reminded me of a previous new car I had when the dealer forgot to remove the transport spacer blocks from the springs. Did ask about this possibility but was told none of the Emiras are
shipped this way. So, I’ll drive a little more and see if I still feel this way. May just be hypersensitivity with a new ($$$) car.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
… now see, this is the kind of thread I’d like to read about the Emira.

I’m certain there are many more Emira owners that are perfectly happy with their cars and QC, and have been too busy enjoying them to bother finding an online forum to help with QC issues and looking for troubleshooting guidance.

Maybe it’s just because the Emira is a new product, but the customer experience (whether good or bad) has been what I’ve been most interested in reading about. I’ve driven the car. I’m MIGHTILY impressed by it. It also just happens to be one of the most beautiful cars in this segment to ever be built imo… but tell me it’s not going to fall apart in the first year of ownership.

The wait has been too long for the Emira… and the loyalty to the car needs to be justified past its looks and driving experience imo. If the car treats us well for the first few years of ownership I will be fully committed to fixing the old girl up when it breaks or needs some attention.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
2200km, 1400miles, I4 Emira. Car hasn’t missed a beat, sounds good IMO, is quick, DCT is fine and of course it looks amazing:love::love::love:

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One year 11k km, to celebrate it I installed 3rd cat deleted aerie exhaust and Milltek valve controller

Totally different car now I’m really happy with the sound