Hi from France

Jean Huppert

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I bought my first Lotus in 2003, an Elise S2, then an Evora 400 in 2016, then a new V6 Emira dark verdant a few days ago ...
It will be nice to share with you my Emira owner experience !

whatsa10.jpg

whatsa11.jpg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Emira!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello everybody,
I bought my first Lotus in 2003, an Elise S2, then an Evora 400 in 2016, then a new V6 Emira dark verdant a few days ago ...
It will be nice to share with you my Emira owner experience !

whatsa10.jpg

whatsa11.jpg
Welcome. Impressive photos.
Is there much of a Lotus presence there?
Do you expect a significant number of Emira's or will they be quite exclusive?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The emissions tax on the V6 in France is eye-watering - something like 40,000 EUR? So it will be quite rare. The i4 will be lower but still around 10k I think?

OP
Jean Huppert

Jean Huppert

Reaction score
The ecotax in France was "only" 40k€ in 2022, is 50k€ in 2023, and will be 60k€ in 2024 ... (and so on ?)
I heard from a Lotus driver that the homologation of the i4 is quite complicated and the ecotax will be perhaps similar to the V6 ??? There is no date of delivery for the clients who already ordered a i4.
So 2 consequences : it will be difficult to sell that car in France, it's a real problem for the Lotus dealers, and as this ecotax is only for the first registration, only the first owner pays it, so the price of the second hand Lotus is very high. I sold my Evora 400 almost the same price as I paid it 8 years ago (when the ecotax was only 8000€) ...
We have here a very active Club Lotus France with a lot of members, most of them with Elise and Exige.
When I was at the Lotus dealer to get my dark green jewel, a Lotus Eletre was for sale :
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-28 at 22.32.26.jpeg

Beautiful, huge but 2.5 tons ... Help Colin Chapman !!

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amazing photos! Welcome to the forum!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The ecotax in France was "only" 40k€ in 2022, is 50k€ in 2023, and will be 60k€ in 2024 ... (and so on ?)
I heard from a Lotus driver that the homologation of the i4 is quite complicated and the ecotax will be perhaps similar to the V6 ??? There is no date of delivery for the clients who already ordered a i4.
So 2 consequences : it will be difficult to sell that car in France, it's a real problem for the Lotus dealers, and as this ecotax is only for the first registration, only the first owner pays it, so the price of the second hand Lotus is very high. I sold my Evora 400 almost the same price as I paid it 8 years ago (when the ecotax was only 8000€) ...
We have here a very active Club Lotus France with a lot of members, most of them with Elise and Exige.
When I was at the Lotus dealer to get my dark green jewel, a Lotus Eletre was for sale :
View attachment 33127
Beautiful, huge but 2.5 tons ... Help Colin Chapman !!
I appreciate your frank assessment.