• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hethel Yellow Lotus Emira Photo Thread

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Some gorgeous high-resolution shots from this reddit post! (Click through for originals)

reddit-2.jpg

reddit-1.jpg

reddit-3.jpg

reddit-4.jpg

reddit-5.jpg

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A Hethel Yellow car being driven by Matt Windle:

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Hethel Yellow demo car has just arrived at JCT600 Lotus Bradford:

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Bit far from home today but popped into Galpin Lotus LA to see the production spec Emira. Looks lovely as always but I’d say the seat height is no lower than pre-production spec. 6’4” and wearing a helmet would be a bit of an issue. Seat needed reclining to make it more comfortable but still felt too high. Making me think twice…

Attachments

• 63D5FC01-1200-4588-ADBC-69DCFBF7F3BD.jpeg
    63D5FC01-1200-4588-ADBC-69DCFBF7F3BD.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 97
  • E940F334-0C8F-44F9-885C-10AE6FD1C932.jpeg
    E940F334-0C8F-44F9-885C-10AE6FD1C932.jpeg
    431.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 0D6B21AE-49CD-4D4E-8515-F4F09C4B94CD.jpeg
    0D6B21AE-49CD-4D4E-8515-F4F09C4B94CD.jpeg
    327.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4337.MOV
    22.1 MB
  • 27A67461-902E-42F2-856A-8CA1B3328E21.jpeg
    27A67461-902E-42F2-856A-8CA1B3328E21.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 98

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Bit far from home today but popped into Galpin Lotus LA to see the production spec Emira. Looks lovely as always but I’d say the seat height is no lower than pre-production spec. 6’4” and wearing a helmet would be a bit of an issue. Seat needed reclining to make it more comfortable but still felt too high. Making me think twice…
So, no lower than the Seneca car we sat in at Hethel back in May then? At 6 2 I'm not so worried about headroom, it is more that I have a strong preference for sitting low in the car. Hopefully I'll find out for myself with a test drive at Lotus Glasgow 'soon'. If the seat is still too high, I wonder if some modifications to the base might be feasible. It's an £80k car though, you'd at least expect the seat to adjust low enough :confused:

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So, no lower than the Seneca car we sat in at Hethel back in May then? At 6 2 I'm not so worried about headroom, it is more that I have a strong preference for sitting low in the car. Hopefully I'll find out for myself with a test drive at Lotus Glasgow 'soon'. If the seat is still too high, I wonder if some modifications to the base might be feasible. It's an £80k car though, you'd at least expect the seat to adjust low enough :confused:
I’d say no change in height but quality was up. Don’t like the cheap carpet on the sill though!

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's the only thing I'm bothered about. Electric seats are just bollox especially in this car. the most under used electric motors in history. All that cost effort pointless mechanisms and weight. Good Job Mr Chapman cant see this silliness.
It works in the Taycan as it weighs tonnes anyway (still quicker than the Emira) but I say totally pointless in the Lotus. I get its the audience of (I dont want to offend so) people who might expect this in a car at £80k. Bonkers.
The seat base is likely to be artificially higher if its packed with complete nonsense.
Fingers crossed its not too high and this can be my last rant.. :mad:
Or we can wang em in a skip and get some nice ones made

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm 6.2 and sat in the production spec car at jct600 Bradford on Sunday. The seat definitely went lower than the demonstration car which didn't move much. Would like a touch lower but it was 👍. Funny seemed to be far less room in passenger seat than drivers seat.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On RHD cars, why don't they have the indicator stalk on the right hand side and wiper stalk on the left hand side?

If you're changing gears with your left hand you want to be able to indicate with your right hand whilst holding the wheel.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On RHD cars, why don't they have the indicator stalk on the right hand side and wiper stalk on the left hand side?
They do, but only by Japanese manufacturers for cars sold in the Japan domestic market - all exports have the "Global Standard" layout. So, if you see someone activating their wipers on a sunny day at an intersection in Japan, it implies the driver is well off and can afford an imported car...