Hethel Yellow First Edition is mine now!

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What a joruney this has been since July 2021, from the first presentation of the Emira to February 2022 at Sportivo Leipzig seeing the "rolling prototype" in the flesh ut until now when I collected my own First Edition V6 manual Sports suspension Emira.

During all the time this forum has kept me updated, sometimes maybe a little too much, as addicted people tend to be, but all in all a great place to be and I am happy now to wear the offical batch "Emira owner" now. :)

I was lucky and a friend of mine came with me pickung up my Emira, he also has a nice Audi TT RS and has some background regarding Seven's and VX220 Turbo.

He was so kind a made a little rather long video of my delivery and the way back home, including some really lovely drone shots in the later part of the video:

After almost 200km way back home I can say it is a stunner, simply mind-blowing. We took some b-roads back home and tried to avoid the Autobahn. This will come later on. I just want to bed in all the components nicely.

And it also started to rain and I can tell you they have fixed the wiper issue, from what I can tell. Production was 31st of March. It automatically changes form intermittent to faster wiping if necessary. And you can also alter speed of intermittent wiping. So I am happy about this, because this seams one of the major issues so far.

Now I need to get out and drive this thing, it is so confidence-inspiring and wraps around you. It's such a nice place to be in. I have never been this excited when getting a new car. I was like a little child on the delivery day. Smiling all over the place.

IMG_7663.jpeg

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations on the collection of your new Emira @TomAce! It looks absolutely stunning 😍 and I’m sure you’ll have many years of joy from it.

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations on the collection of your new Emira @TomAce! It looks absolutely stunning 😍 and I’m sure you’ll have many years of joy from it.
Yes, I hope so too. I still can't believe it but I have done it and it's here now. Hope there will be a lot of nice journeys and experiences to come. :giggle:
Glückwunsch, kanns kaum erwarten meinen im July zu bekommen😍
Freu Dich drauf, das Teil ist einfach göttlich in natura. :love:

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats @TomAce! Cool video too!
Thanks! I will let him know, further non-Emira related videos on his youtube channel: @https://www.youtube.com/@SpeedsterIG

Awesome! Many happy miles to go!

I miss mine :(

Thanks! Keep trying to be positive, although it's hard right now. Better times lie ahead and all will be sorted finally. :)

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What a joruney this has been since July 2021, from the first presentation of the Emira to February 2022 at Sportivo Leipzig seeing the "rolling prototype" in the flesh ut until now when I collected my own First Edition V6 manual Sports suspension Emira.

During all the time this forum has kept me updated, sometimes maybe a little too much, as addicted people tend to be, but all in all a great place to be and I am happy now to wear the offical batch "Emira owner" now. :)

I was lucky and a friend of mine came with me pickung up my Emira, he also has a nice Audi TT RS and has some background regarding Seven's and VX220 Turbo.

He was so kind a made a little rather long video of my delivery and the way back home, including some really lovely drone shots in the later part of the video:

After almost 200km way back home I can say it is a stunner, simply mind-blowing. We took some b-roads back home and tried to avoid the Autobahn. This will come later on. I just want to bed in all the components nicely.

And it also started to rain and I can tell you they have fixed the wiper issue, from what I can tell. Production was 31st of March. It automatically changes form intermittent to faster wiping if necessary. And you can also alter speed of intermittent wiping. So I am happy about this, because this seams one of the major issues so far.

Now I need to get out and drive this thing, it is so confidence-inspiring and wraps around you. It's such a nice place to be in. I have never been this excited when getting a new car. I was like a little child on the delivery day. Smiling all over the place.

View attachment 26674
This was hands-down the best Emira collection video I've seen so far. What an amazing way to start my day, huge congrats on your delivery, and thank you so much for sharing!! 🙏 Seeing this beauty driving around on the streets, filling up with gas... it's starting to feel real!! I've never felt so excited to receive my own (also full Hethel Yellow w/ black wheels) Emira, maybe later this year, maybe early next year... But until that day comes, videos and photos like this help immensely. 💛🖤

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations, great to read your initial impressions and see the video, really nicely done.

Wishing you many miles of smiles and welcome to Team Yellow! 💛

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This was hands-down the best Emira collection video I've seen so far. What an amazing way to start my day, huge congrats on your delivery, and thank you so much for sharing!! 🙏 Seeing this beauty driving around on the streets, filling up with gas... it's starting to feel real!! I've never felt so excited to receive my own (also full Hethel Yellow w/ black wheels) Emira, maybe later this year, maybe early next year... But until that day comes, videos and photos like this help immensely. 💛🖤
Thank you so much, I forwarded your post to my friend.

And some more photos from my trip to the Dolomites. Filling up some gas on the way, and finally here driving in this beautiful scenery.

And it keeps delivering so much joy. First time I really flored the pedal and I have to say it‘s fast enough on these roads to really enjoy it.

Sports suspension is on the firmer side, after nearly 850km down to our Hotel I was happy getting out. I recalled my test drive and had the feeling it was softer then(Sports suspension with Cup 2‘s).

For a weekend car it‘s perfectly livable, as a daily driver I would now probably chose touring suspension. But that’s only my personal view on it, of course.

It‘s really my car now and it feels great beeing in there and driving it. It‘s so much fun, stop comparing it to other cars.

IMG_7690.jpeg

IMG_7711.jpeg

IMG_7757.jpeg

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations, great to read your initial impressions and see the video, really nicely done.

Wishing you many miles of smiles and welcome to Team Yellow! 💛
Thank you, this Yellow really glows in the sun, I just love it!

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thank you so much, I forwarded your post to my friend.

And some more photos from my trip to the Dolomites. Filling up some gas on the way, and finally here driving in this beautiful scenery.

And it keeps delivering so much joy. First time I really flored the pedal and I have to say it‘s fast enough on these roads to really enjoy it.

Sports suspension is on the firmer side, after nearly 850km down to our Hotel I was happy getting out. I recalled my test drive and had the feeling it was softer then(Sports suspension with Cup 2‘s).

For a weekend car it‘s perfectly livable, as a daily driver I would now probably chose touring suspension. But that’s only my personal view on it, of course.

It‘s really my car now and it feels great beeing in there and driving it. It‘s so much fun, stop comparing it to other cars.

View attachment 26954

View attachment 26955

View attachment 26956
What a beauty!! 😍 It must be hard actually walking away from the car once you arrive at your destination. I would probably just unfold a camping chair and sit there and stare at it. 😄

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What a beauty!! 😍 It must be hard actually walking away from the car once you arrive at your destination. I would probably just unfold a camping chair and sit there and stare at it. 😄
If I was alone I probably would do it exactly like this, but my girlfriend was with me on this trip. You really have to balance things out, otherwise you get into trouble soon... :ROFLMAO:

It is such an amazing car and the feedback you get is almost unreal. Even a Ferrari 458 owner at a gas station could'nt stop looking at the Emira as we were passing by.

I mean it's still super rare these days, so probably first sight for almost everyone except for US LOT in this little Emira bubble here.

IMG_7793.jpeg

IMG_7794.jpeg

IMG_7808.jpeg

IMG_7811.jpeg

Here at this destination (Pederü) we came back to the car as two guys with their mountain bikes took photos of my Emira. One of them started a conversation, it turned out he's also into cars and has a little Hotel in Southern Tyrol and gave me his card. He told me if I ever was in his region I could come by and have a coffee. (Of course he's also a businessman) But hey, I would have never ever had something similar expereinced in another car.

IMG_7815.jpeg

Funny thing was at the Hotel, which is famous for their guided car-tours I met two other guys with their Lotus Elises.

IMG_7844.jpeg

After 2600km now I can say it's very versatile. You can do long road trips with it, luggage space is sufficient if you have lots of small bags or weekender bags to put them into spaces.

I found out where the emergency hook is for opening the trunk. Always have an OBD reader with you, it's now stored in the glove box.

Had a blast over b-roads last evening and it's amazing how it covers ground. The more you throw at it the better it gets. This chassis and suspension is simply amazing.

Thank you LOTUS for this car. You've made an amazing car.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If I was alone I probably would do it exactly like this, but my girlfriend was with me on this trip. You really have to balance things out, otherwise you get into trouble soon... :ROFLMAO:

It is such an amazing car and the feedback you get is almost unreal. Even a Ferrari 458 owner at a gas station could'nt stop looking at the Emira as we were passing by.

I mean it's still super rare these days, so probably first sight for almost everyone except for US LOT in this little Emira bubble here.

View attachment 27272

View attachment 27273

View attachment 27274

View attachment 27275

Here at this destination (Pederü) we came back to the car as two guys with their mountain bikes took photos of my Emira. One of them started a conversation, it turned out he's also into cars and has a little Hotel in Southern Tyrol and gave me his card. He told me if I ever was in his region I could come by and have a coffee. (Of course he's also a businessman) But hey, I would have never ever had something similar expereinced in another car.

View attachment 27276

Funny thing was at the Hotel, which is famous for their guided car-tours I met two other guys with their Lotus Elises.

View attachment 27277

After 2600km now I can say it's very versatile. You can do long road trips with it, luggage space is sufficient if you have lots of small bags or weekender bags to put them into spaces.

I found out where the emergency hook is for opening the trunk. Always have an OBD reader with you, it's now stored in the glove box.

Had a blast over b-roads last evening and it's amazing how it covers ground. The more you throw at it the better it gets. This chassis and suspension is simply amazing.

Thank you LOTUS for this car. You've made an amazing car.
It's official — this is the greatest thread in Emira Forum history. Moderators, please pin it to the top of the homepage! 😁

Such gorgeous pictures. 😍 And the star of the show ain't bad either!! 🤩 I could stare at these all day (and did). From the bottom of my heart, thank you for making the 8–10 months wait for North American deliveries less excruciating! 💛

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's official — this is the greatest thread in Emira Forum history. Moderators, please pin it to the top of the homepage! 😁

Such gorgeous pictures. 😍 And the star of the show ain't bad either!! 🤩 I could stare at these all day (and did). From the bottom of my heart, thank you for making the 8–10 months wait for North American deliveries less excruciating! 💛
This is why we have an Owners Journals sub-forum - great stories and pictures from Emira adventures.

As well as helping those still waiting, hopefully it inspires people to plan their own adventures and share the stories.

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Today I did some performance tests, beautiful weather, 26°C, about 2800km on the odo.

First run was a 100...200km/h run using third and fourth gear:

It's about 11,1s to 11,2s for 100...200km/h. Maybe I could shed one tenth wringing out 3rd gear as it goes beyond 160km/h. But that's what you can expect.
Emira_100-200_3rd_4th_gear_26°C - 06.06.jpg

Second run was only in fourth gear. 12,5-12,6s solely in fourth gear:
Emira_100-200_4th_gear_26°C - 06.06.jpg

Pretty similar measurements I already did with the demo car.

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What a honey! :love:

I found some new b-roads around my home. I was just studying google maps a little before I left and had a blast this morning. Grip with Goodyears and sport suspension is phenomenal and more than you could ask for on public roads.

I did several "laps" on different roundabouts trying to find the grip limit and I can tell you there is nearly no understeer if you are approaching the limit gently. Lifting means it tightens the line, so you could start to play with it. But not for me on public roads. There is a lot to learn and I'm looking forward having this experience on a trackday or driving event in the future.

And I also totally get now what the guys from Throttle house said: "This is where Miata meets Porsche." This chassis and steering gives you so much feedback, you feel the weight transfer to every wheel, it just floods you with information, in a good way. So the body roll works with you and it's not like a stiff chassis where you do not feel anything unless it's too late. It's the perfect street-setup car.

Now I would really like to know how it performs on the track. Using the gearbox for almost 3000km now it has got a little more refined, less notchy. But I guess it still does not like to be rushed. Maybe this gets better over time. You can shift fast and deliberate, but not crazy fast.

All in all, I start planning where I could go with car next time. It's so engaging, haven't had this for a long time. Now I always find reasons for getting the car out of the garage. That's a good sign, isn't it? :giggle:

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Today I got a letter from Lotus where I was told to get in contact with my dealer in order to make that A-pillar trim airbag recall.

It‘s now scheduled for the 29th of september. They will also update ecu from engine and infotainment system.

Furthermore I told my dealer that wind noise on passenger window occurs above 170km/h. They will try to fix all this in one move.

Afterwards I will directly drive to South-Tyrol for a 4 days trip with friends of mine. I hope it all works out, keeping fingers crossed. What could go wrong. 🙃

IMG_8439.jpeg

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just came back from my trip to South-Tyrol. Wow, what an experience with this car. I love it! :love:

But first things first. On Friday I had a short stop at Sportivo Leipzig in order get the things done like A-pillar trim and software updates. They are doing a great job, I could stand next to them doing their work and talk to them. They have already some experience with the Emira as I am already late to the party doing this recall. Although the following foto seems to tell a different story... :sneaky:

IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_0024.jpeg

As planned I could start the journey to the Dolomites, with a friend of mine and his Audi TT RS.
At The Hotel Leitner the cars already had gathered, because we did a complete package with Chef as the tour-guide. He knows best where to go there and we as the drivers can concentrate on driving.

Some nice cars on the parking lot of the Hotel.

IMG_0033.jpeg

Some impressions of the tour:

IMG_0042.jpeg

IMG_0052.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0085.jpeg

Emira handled all beautifully, composure of the chassis is sublime. These roads are perfect, especially Mendel-Pass was a joy. Some very positive observations are that the gearbox is such a joy to use. I didn't miss a single shift. You can really use first gear in those tight sections and the then the rear steps out when you hit the throttle. But it feels so natural and not intimidating, of course you somehow need to know what you're doing.

Second gear has already so much grip that the rear won't step out, at least on the road.

Seats are very comfy and to my surprise were up to the task, if you're really on it there is enough support for me (Alcantara).

The engine sound / Exhaust sound gets better and better. I now have already 6.000 km with it and it screams through the tunnels! :love:

Power is good, but to keep up with the BMWs who have so much torque down low you really have to wring it out and sometimes use first gear.

Overall experience is so great. Also my friend was with me one day as passenger and he said it's Mega!

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 34