• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Am I the only one that thinks the clip of him opening the boot and water going all over the supercharger is an extremely bad design fault.

To be fair,Scott did show him a way to open it slowly so that it filtered down the sides at the base of the engine bay,Harry just launched it up and soaked the Supercharger cover 🤣
It’s quite similar on my Elise. Never found it a problem. It’ll be amazing to have a boot lid with gas struts instead of propping it up with my head …

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Something odd that jumped out for me in the last video was the inability to just change the units for all instruments / measurements on some simple-to-locate settings page. That is something that has been extremely common for as long as I can remember on all types of car with any digital readouts... miles / kilometres, psi / bar / pascals, celcius / fahrenheit / kelvin... just bizarre if they missed exposing that capability to users in development. Perhaps they've hidden it in a secret service menu (*sigh*) ?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Something odd that jumped out for me in the last video was the inability to just change the units for all instruments / measurements on some simple-to-locate settings page. That is something that has been extremely common for as long as I can remember on all types of car with any digital readouts... miles / kilometres, psi / bar / pascals, celcius / fahrenheit / kelvin... just bizarre if they missed exposing that capability to users in development. Perhaps they've hidden it in a secret service menu (*sigh*) ?
yes.. i was annoyed by that also..... not great. The main velocity should be able to be changed, but looks like you cant.... not good for those of us who go back and forth!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s there in the system settings:

1670504258113.png

I think Harry’s issue was due to wanting to see power output for engine break in purposes while traveling between UK and EU?

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It’s there in the system settings:

View attachment 20097

I think Harry’s issue was due to wanting to see power output for engine break in purposes while traveling between UK and EU?
Oh, I took his complaint to be he could only see km/h in the tiny centre panel (where power output figures also display), and couldn't make the main speed readout change. Which sounded Not Right to me.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
To be fair, there should really be a software setting to be able to change mph to km/h on the main speedo - all that digital instruments and lacking such basic function is a missed opportunity.

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
To be fair, there should really be a software setting to be able to change mph to km/h on the main speedo - all that digital instruments and lacking such basic function is a missed opportunity.
I think the screenshot @kitkat posted is exactly what I would expect... practically impossible to ship a "global car" without this.

Basically, Harry needs to get his grandkids to show him how the menus work :)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Same for down under.. however I'm wondering how i will pressure wash the rear of the car without blasting foam, dirt and water into the engine bay !

It's a pretty small opening and should be fine as long as you're not intentionally aiming to spray water through that space. All cars have design quirks which need to be considered when detailing. If it does become a bigger issue than I expected, I'll just drape a cloth over the engine bay and properly dry the hatch before opening to further detail.

SuperBusa

Reaction score
The early BMW X3's would let water fall into the sides of the boot when opened. Can remember that being really annoying.
Hopefully the Emira is just about technique 🤷

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It’s quite similar on my Elise. Never found it a problem. It’ll be amazing to have a boot lid with gas struts instead of propping it up with my head …
I know what you mean. I had an S2 Elise for 8 years as a daily. Plus 2 Caterhams for 8 years as a daily, with the boot opening by way of poppers. Still have not got out of the habit of putting shopping and the like on the passenger seat and in the footwell. Even in a 3 door hatchback.🤣

Last edited: