New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well we have the specs in on the gt4 rs
Nearly 500 bhp
450 nm
1415kg
142 kg down force at top speed.

I think the i4 amg car will out perform this car when it gets to its final edition 🤔

Discuss???

Video of GT4 RS

Guess we'll have to throw in a few HP on the V6.

Is it me or does this just look like another VW bug with cutout airvents and tacked on side air scoops? It's somehow missing any class about it. The standard GT4 looks much nicer and isn't so overdone.

Is it me or does this just look like another VW bug with cutout airvents and tacked on side air scoops? It's somehow missing any class about it. The standard GT4 looks much nicer and isn't so overdone.

Just another car that's made to look cool and it looks very cool. However, if I saw this on the road I might think someone put that wing on themselves. Emira is designed, not made to look cool. I love the color of those wheels.

I agree it's looks were made to be as good as they could allowing for some aerodynamic function. This is the end of the line for the cayman and being an rs the best ice car they will ever make. I think its a great car but nobody will be able to buy it. I still think the emira is better looking and throw in the development of the i4 motor when it gets to its Swan song it will be faster than the rs.

Just another car that's made to look cool and it looks very cool. However, if I saw this on the road I might think someone put that wing on themselves. Emira is designed, not made to look cool. I love the color of those wheels.
I guess you didn't watch the video then. It will absolutely beat the Emira on any track, and that's without even knowing what the Emira will do. But with the Weissach package and a few other options, it is twice the price. And if anyone thinks Porsche put looks ahead of performance, then watch the whole video.
I think its a great car but nobody will be able to buy it.
Why will nobody be able to buy it? Price?

I think the i4 amg car will out perform this car when it gets to its final edition

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Just stop. The Emira GT4 won't even touch the GT4 RS, let alone some GT version of the I4 Emira. The GT4 RS lapped the ring in 7:04.5!! And even if Lotus had some magic fairy dust to make it happen, we'd never know since Lotus refuses to run their vehicles on the ring. 🙄

I love the Emira, but it literally only has its exterior looks going for it and the fact that it's offered in manual trans. It's not breaking any records, just necks! 😉

Last edited:
You can't buy it because it will not be available to normally people my local dealer said they may get 1 car ever.

As for performance the gt4 rs is brilliant the best porsche will let it be within its own product line up constraint I like it.

But why will an i4 version not be able to contend with it, the i4 amg will be lighter more bhp more torque have more downforce and a wider track.

Reactions: DJW
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Just stop. The Emira GT4 won't even touch the GT4 RS, let alone some GT version of the I4 Emira. The GT4 RS lapped the ring in 7:04.5!! And even if Lotus had some magic fairy dust to make it happen, we'd never know since Lotus refuses to run their vehicles on the ring. 🙄

I love the Emira, but it literally only has its exterior looks going for it and the fact that it's offered in manual trans. It's not breaking any records, just necks! 😉
Of course you are right that no Emira will ever be that quick, but if you say looks ist the only plus point for the Emira, than you don't know Lotus at all. Fun and driving pleasure are not defined by fast lap times.

Really cool vehicle. Looks great!

Base price $143k in the US.

Click a few buttons in the configurator and it’s a $200k car very fast, pun intended.

What are the odds of being able to get one in the US?

Oddly Z07-like when it comes to all one can do to customize right from the manufacturer. Really cool vehicle.

Great car no doubt, but I really dislike the whole buying process surrounding GT Porsches, where you have to be one of you local OPC's chosen ones to be deemed worthy of one of their precious cars. Utter bollocks. If I buy your car I am doing you a favour, not the other way around.

Great car no doubt, but I really dislike the whole buying process surrounding GT Porsches, where you have to be one of you local OPC's chosen ones to be deemed worthy of one of their precious cars. Utter bollocks. If I buy your car I am doing you a favour, not the other way around.
It is a brand-driven world we live in.

Certain people get paid to wear a swoosh on their foot.
Everyone else pays to wear it…

I am so proud to have a Lotus in my garage. Gladly pay to drive it. :)

Th GT4RS will not be limited edition car. Production will happen for at least 2/2.5 years so you can get one; you just need to buy your dealer's VIP or pay ADM if you want one anytime soon.

I agree it's looks were made to be as good as they could allowing for some aerodynamic function. This is the end of the line for the cayman and being an rs the best ice car they will ever make. I think its a great car but nobody will be able to buy it. I still think the emira is better looking and throw in the development of the i4 motor when it gets to its Swan song it will be faster than the rs.
There is no way it’s going to be faster than that Rs.

I guess you didn't watch the video then. It will absolutely beat the Emira on any track, and that's without even knowing what the Emira will do. But with the Weissach package and a few other options, it is twice the price. And if anyone thinks Porsche put looks ahead of performance, then watch the whole video.

Why will nobody be able to buy it? Price?

I did watch the video. I wanted a GT4 for over a year but just couldn't past the another Porsche look. I understand that my opinion may be in the minority. For the tracks I know and can drive on Mazda Miatas can hang with these Porsche's through the turns for regular amateur drivers such as myself. Of course they get dusted on the straightaways. The Taycan is a beautiful car but the 718s & 911s need a refresh IMO. Those shapes are just too typical. If I were in this league of cars a 488 Pista would be much preferred over any of the Porsche track cars. There is always a faster car.

Porsche will be faster on track vs any version of Emira, the investment is huge on their GT cars.

All irrelevant though as you’ll never be able to buy one in the UK , so as we were :)

You can't buy it because it will not be available to normally people my local dealer said they may get 1 car ever.

As for performance the gt4 rs is brilliant the best porsche will let it be within its own product line up constraint I like it.

But why will an i4 version not be able to contend with it, the i4 amg will be lighter more bhp more torque have more downforce and a wider track.
Do you really think they will make a emira with 500 plus bhp..
without it being a hybrid ?!