GT4 at Macau

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Adam's pole lap was 3 sec faster than the first non-Lotus (Supra) - ballast incoming, I suspect
I'm very interested to know the actual race weights of these cars, throughout the field. If they started the "guess BOP" for the Emira debut at even close to equal weight with some other competitors, that would say a ton about the Emira GT4 as a platform...

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm very interested to know the actual race weights of these cars, throughout the field. If they started the "guess BOP" for the Emira debut at even close to equal weight with some other competitors, that would say a ton about the Emira GT4 as a platform...
Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 7.11.34 PM.png

Look like they reduced the BHP for the GT4 classification however....

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Emiras didn't appear to be all that much faster in the straight sections, but where they really seemed to have the advantage was in cornering. They were maintaining their momentum to a much higher degree than the other cars. That plus it was obvious by just looking, that the sleek aerodynamic profile of the Emira was giving them an advantage. The other cars looked so bulky by comparison. Like watching two race cars in front of a field of trucks.

This track was almost like Monaco. We'll see how they do on a more open track where it might favor horsepower.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Emiras didn't appear to be all that much faster in the straight sections, but where they really seemed to have the advantage was in cornering. They were maintaining their momentum to a much higher degree than the other cars. That plus it was obvious by just looking, that the sleek aerodynamic profile of the Emira was giving them an advantage. The other cars looked so bulky by comparison. Like watching two race cars in front of a field of trucks.

This track was almost like Monaco. We'll see how they do on a more open track where it might favor horsepower.
I agree, it was the cornering that really showed well compared to the others. Will certainly follow the next GT4 races to see how they progress.

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Cool video of what I would assume is a walkthrough of the gt4, no captions available so I have no clue what they are saying but good watch nonetheless.

Last edited:

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What a mess. I am shocked that Lotus allowed one of its distributors to gain ownership of a Trademark. Intellectual property rights protection is a key component of dealership/distributorship agreements. Also, it really shows the immaturity of Chinese trademark laws if "Lotus" and "Lotus NYO" are not considered confusingly similar, especially when they operate in the same goods/service classification, and that an abandoned Trademark could have any legal impact on a new registration.
Lotus was already registered by a large supermarket chain years before Lotus ever brought a car to China. I guess Lotus Nyo was registered as the best they could do under circumstances, when Lotus was not available. This all happened well before Geely and when Lotus were selling little or no cars in China.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Adam's pole lap was 3 sec faster than the first non-Lotus (Supra) - ballast incoming, I suspect
That's likely to happen, but is it a real racing series this Greater bay area cup? I never heard of it before.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
GT4 win seems more impressive than GT3 wins given the limited modifications. Not sure how much the BOP will be adjusted given the clear dominance of the emira platform. Nice showing for a first race.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's likely to happen, but is it a real racing series this Greater bay area cup? I never heard of it before.
That's just one race in the calendar. The sanctioning body is SRO and this race was part of the GT World Challenge Asia series. Same sanctioning body as the British GT Championship. They have similar series in Europe, France, America, and Australia, as well as a full GT 24h at Spa.

SRO Motorsports: https://www.sro-motorsports.com/

GT World Challenge Asia:

The next race on the calendar is in Malaysia.

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nice video with some extra detail on the Macau GP GT4 race focusing on the two Emira GT4's

Don't know who this chap is but he got some pretty good access so it has a lot of close up imagery

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for sharing. Great video.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Even though I'd already seen the race video, I still watching this whole thing. I noticed Gavan Kershaw was in the pits with the team. These cars look SO good. It's been a looong time since I've been excited about watching class racing, but the GT4 series with the Emiras is going to be my new sport-to-watch.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I never paid attention to it before, but I think we now have a good idea how the amber lenses in the front headlights for North American cars is going to look. On the right color, I think they're actually going to look pretty good. Provides a nice, interesting color contrast.

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 1.52.07 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 1.52.20 AM.png

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Even though I'd already seen the race video, I still watching this whole thing. I noticed Gavan Kershaw was in the pits with the team. These cars look SO good. It's been a looong time since I've been excited about watching class racing, but the GT4 series with the Emiras is going to be my new sport-to-watch.
I remember being excited about the Realtime Integra touring cars in the late 90s and trying to find ways to watch the races.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I never paid attention to it before, but I think we now have a good idea how the amber lenses in the front headlights for North American cars is going to look. On the right color, I think they're actually going to look pretty good. Provides a nice, interesting color contrast.

View attachment 33414
View attachment 33415
Those brake ducts are great. I hope they make some of these parts available aftermarket.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thinking about this more. The emiras dominated that race and China is a huge market for the lotus. It’s the main reason they have introduced the turbo 4 to deal with their tax situation. So it was an A+ marketing stunt beating AMGs, M4s and importantly cayman GT4s. Feels like geely must have pulled some strings to give them every advantage.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thinking about this more. The emiras dominated that race and China is a huge market for the lotus. It’s the main reason they have introduced the turbo 4 to deal with their tax situation. So it was an A+ marketing stunt beating AMGs, M4s and importantly cayman GT4s. Feels like geely must have pulled some strings to give them every advantage.
The legendary Lotus DNA which was attractive to Geely
came to the forefront and vindicated the investment.
Talent, design and luck won the (shortened) day.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

View attachment 33414
View attachment 33415
Also, really like the GT4 styling. I wasn’t sure I’d like a big wing on the emira but it works to elongate the side profile which is a touch too compact. Works quite well. Assumed we would get carbon fiber wheel arch openings like everything else but glad that went their own way with extra venting on the hood- more original, less copy cat.