• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

GRP Customized Emira Steering Wheels!

@GRP it looks like Polestar has a round wheel that might be possible to adapt for this application. Emira touch controls might fit directly in fact. Plus, it's round and seems to have a concentric center hub, which is my #1 interest. Thoughts?

1670323597-10-polestar-2-interior-steering-wheel1-d.jpg

[edit] and it looks like they make a sport version of the wheel from the factory...

img_4315-jpeg.24592

I believe it would be definitely an improvement. Only for very spirited driving though. Will help not having to focus on the dash, when you are totally focused on road/track.
I have the Alcantara steering wheel and happy with it. I would consider carbon fiber only if it improves with the built in rev lights. Otherwise it is mainly aesthetics, which I might do once I went for all the carbon bits outside.
What I found amazing is the change of the OEM paddles for Carbon Fiber ones. Much more precise and light like feather. Remember I have the Auto V6. I know, I am getting old and lazy.
Also the non touch pad controls would be better. Although I got used to swipe them by mistake!!!
Where did you get the carbon paddles from? Have you got any pictures?

@GRP it looks like Polestar has a round wheel that might be possible to adapt for this application. Emira touch controls might fit directly in fact. Plus, it's round and seems to have a concentric center hub, which is my #1 interest. Thoughts?

1670323597-10-polestar-2-interior-steering-wheel1-d.jpg

[edit] and it looks like they make a sport version of the wheel from the factory...

img_4315-jpeg.24592
It's nice to see a visual of what a round steering wheel looks like for the Emira. I think at some point I'm likely going to switch the Emira's wheel for a GRP round one as it just feels more natural for parking and city driving.

@GRP I'm curious if you think it's possible to replace the black trim with carbon fiber in the areas outlined below (around the buttons and on top/behind of the airbag area)?

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 8.19.05 AM.png

Let me know if anyone ends up ordering a Alcantara top/bottom + perforated sides combo.
Would love some pictures ❤️

Today, I was informed that the steering wheel I ordered was completed.
The yellow center mark, which was initially thin, was modified to be thicker.
Since I am installing it on my i4 which is waiting for delivery, I also had a paddle shift switch installed.
As for the logo under the steeringwheel, after I receive the steering wheel, I will consider whether to use "LOTUS" or "EMIRA" before installing it.

View attachment 44204

View attachment 44205

View attachment 44206
Looks Really good. I might consider alcantara 3:00/9:00 position instead of Perforated leather but looks spot on. I am assuming paddles are for cosmetic only?

Looks Really good. I might consider alcantara 3:00/9:00 position instead of Perforated leather but looks spot on. I am assuming paddles are for cosmetic only?
Theirs is an i4 so the paddles work.

Where did you get the carbon paddles from? Have you got any pictures?
Got them from Aerie Performance.

Ask Jason, because I am not sure if he has them available, they are not on the web page. They are great!

i will take pics next week when I am back home

Back