Goodyears available on Black Circles

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The LTS marked Goodyear Eagle F1s have popped up on Black Circles.

Rears £267, Fronts £230.

Seems a reasonable price to me.

If we ever get a car to wear them out!

For comparison, Michelin PS4S in correct size (but Porsche fitment) are £317 rear, £252 front.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The LTS marked Goodyear Eagle F1s have popped up on Black Circles.

Rears £267, Fronts £230.

Seems a reasonable price to me.

If we ever get a car to wear them out!

For comparison, Michelin PS4S in correct size (but Porsche fitment) are £317 rear, £252 front.
I'd seen the PS4s a couple of weeks ago but not the LTS Goodyears. As you say, reasonably priced. I wonder whether a geo adjustment ( camber and toe out) to sharpen the turn in on the Emira will make the PS4s more suitable. We'll have to wait and see.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Do they have an equivalent winter tyre? Might be more relevant given our likely delivery timeframes…

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Here are the US priced versions. Note the Eagles and Cup2 are both 240 wear rated. Interesting and probably not great for those thinking they will get more mileage with the Eagles. These are the LTS specs.
59C0611E-8AC1-4A79-8297-4844EF944590.png
6807400F-864D-4FE8-9F5C-1DCA2BB0F209.png

Here’s the description, interesting info regarding sensors and app connectivity.

The MICHELIN® Pilot® Sport Cup 2 Connect (240) is Michelin's connected Extreme Performance Summer tire developed to help drivers maximize their vehicles' on-track performance and lower lap times. Designed as one component of the Track Connect® system, MICHELIN®Pilot® Sport Cup 2 Connect (240) tires accept a special sensor that relays tire temperature and pressure information to a console-mounted receiver. Using this information, the Track Connect® app provides personalized inflation recommendations and adjustments based on the track, vehicle, ambient weather conditions and driving style. It's like having a personal Michelin tire engineer with you every time you go to the track. Like all summer tires, the MICHELIN® Pilot® Sport Cup 2 Connect (240) is not intended to be stored, serviced, nor driven in near-freezing temperatures, through slush, snow or on ice.

89F059F9-765A-4C6F-8315-6B2FFB66BF18.png
95401F5E-3317-4658-AB40-D6DAB98A83E0.png

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not sure what these Cup2 "connect" tyres are, but the ones I typically see have a tread wear rating of 180.

OP
KJD

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do they have an equivalent winter tyre? Might be more relevant given our likely delivery timeframes…
Michelin Pilot Alpin are listed in the handbook but they’re not on Black Circles yet.

We won’t be needing them this winter anyway, the way Emira delivery times are slipping. 😡

1665736343460.png

OP
KJD

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not sure what these Cup2 "connect" tyres are, but the ones I typically see have a tread wear rating of 180.
IIRC, the Connect ones have some gizmo in them to connect to an app on your phone.
For pressures and temps, I assume.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The connect are the replacement for the old cup2s. They managed to get more grip and more life out of the tire through development and it’s now a higher treadwear rating. Additionally each tire has a little pouch on the inside for Michelins track connect sensor. $500 kit that includes 4 sensors, a central unit and some accessories. You download the app and it acts as a lap timer and monitors tire pressures and tells you how much air to bleed (or I guess add it the weather changes) at the end of your track session.

I like more grip and more life from tires but I’ll stick to a probe style pyrometer :)

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The connect are the replacement for the old cup2s. They managed to get more grip and more life out of the tire through development and it’s now a higher treadwear rating. Additionally each tire has a little pouch on the inside for Michelins track connect sensor. $500 kit that includes 4 sensors, a central unit and some accessories. You download the app and it acts as a lap timer and monitors tire pressures and tells you how much air to bleed (or I guess add it the weather changes) at the end of your track session.

I like more grip and more life from tires but I’ll stick to a probe style pyrometer :)
Oh that’s great to know. Thanks for the explanation!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting and probably not great for those thinking they will get more mileage with the Eagles. These are the LTS specs.

Despite the equivalent wear ratings, I'd expect to get extra mileage from fitting the Goodyears owing to the fact I won't end up in a ditch/hedge/wall when it is not dry and sunny 😏