Emira Owner
It's possible to get it under 1400kg.

-lightweight battery LiFePO4 -18kg
-Öhlins coilovers -12kg
-Tillett seats -30kg
-BBS FI-R (still to be made though) approx. -16kg
-lightweight titanium exhaust -11kg

1486kg weight with full tank of fuel

1486kg -87kg= 1399kg and you are in the realm of a new 992 S/T! ;)

OP
wallstbear

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It's possible to get it under 1400kg.

-lightweight battery LiFePO4 -18kg
-Öhlins coilovers -12kg
-Tillett seats -30kg
-BBS FI-R (still to be made though) approx. -16kg
-lightweight titanium exhaust -11kg

1486kg weight with full tank of fuel

1486kg -87kg= 1399kg and you are in the realm of a new 992 S/T! ;)

Nice list. Now how about some hardcore stuff, like tearing away the various panels and accessories?
BTW, apparently car paint is typically 5kg-10kg

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My list above is a list of upgrades which could also be seen as done by factory as a "Type R" sort of thing.

It's not ruining the intent of usage of the car, to be a sports car with erveryday liveability in mind, as a GT car for longer road trips an so on.

You can of course do the full on list, getting rid of all carpets inside and all that, but then you'd end up with a Emira GT4.

So for my personal intended use Emira around 1400kg will be the lightest form I would think of being somehow sensible for me. With 460hp Komo-Tec stage it would be a hell of a car. :love:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Came across some Colin Chapman quotes lately, such as "Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere."

So that got me thinking, with the current Emira being sometimes criticized as too porky, what are the best ways to lighten it in your opinion? Is it possible to get it under 1400kg? How about 1300kg?
Yes it's definitely possible to get it under 1,400kg, depends on how much you want to spend and what you're willing to do (and live with) to your car.

There's a few of us looking into this. Here's the latest estimate/planning worksheet I have which includes just about everything that's been discussed without gutting the car. This does not include carbon fiber body panels.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 8.04.33 AM.png

The above list also does not include an engine tune of any kind. The power increase (425) is an estimate based on known claims by Aerie and Eventuri for their products. They don't simply add up together though. Aerie is claiming a gain of somewhere around 20 hp (yet to be verified on an Emira with a dyno chart), and Eventuri is known to add a verified 10-15 hp for their installs on other cars. We don't have the final production numbers yet for Eventuri's intake, so I'm guessing low to be conservative. Let's say between the two products, they add 25 hp; that gives you a power to weight ratio of approximately 7.23 which is pretty decent.

All the above values by the way are assuming a V6 FE with manual.

Getting the weight down to 1,300 kg would be very expensive, and unless you're going for a fairly serious track build, not worth it in my opinion. You're looking at a lot of carbon fiber, both body panels and probably brakes. The cost of that would be double to triple the above list, and at that point, you don't really have a comfortable daily drivable car anymore.

Depending on how hardcore you want to go, you can do the above in stages, and evaluate if you want to do more as you go along. This should be a fun car to mod.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes it's definitely possible to get it under 1,400kg, depends on how much you want to spend and what you're willing to do (and live with) to your car.

There's a few of us looking into this. Here's the latest estimate/planning worksheet I have which includes just about everything that's been discussed without gutting the car. This does not include carbon fiber body panels.

View attachment 37781
The above list also does not include an engine tune of any kind. The power increase (425) is an estimate based on known claims by Aerie and Eventuri for their products. They don't simply add up together though. Aerie is claiming a gain of somewhere around 20 hp (yet to be verified on an Emira with a dyno chart), and Eventuri is known to add a verified 10-15 hp for their installs on other cars. We don't have the final production numbers yet for Eventuri's intake, so I'm guessing low to be conservative. Let's say between the two products, they add 25 hp; that gives you a power to weight ratio of approximately 7.23 which is pretty decent.

Getting the weight down to 1,300 kg would be very expensive, and unless you're going for a fairly serious track build, not worth it in my opinion. You're looking at a lot of carbon fiber, both body panels and probably brakes. The cost of that would be double to triple the above list, and at that point, you don't really have a comfortable daily drivable car anymore.

Depending on how hardcore you want to go, you can do the above in stages, and evaluate if you want to do more as you go along. This should be a fun car to mod.

View attachment 37781

Don’t forget the performance is based on the current set up so if you lose weight on the wheels or brake discs the calculation works out as saving 4 x the reduced weight compared to static weight reduction.
If you had the JUBU 440hp upgrade you also get the 7200 soft rev limit and a simply procedure to revert back to standard.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I want a 2999.99lbs Emira just so I can say it's under 3000 and shut my snob s2000 friend up.
Your friend will go silent when he sees the Emira is arresting beautiful. I saw one parked next to a Ferrari sf90. It looks better. Extremely sensual design..

When he speaks, its out of envy. Trying to defend his.. Just let him make noise inside he knows…

Honda vs Lotus really?? The NSX ok s2000 he’s a wanta be….

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
[…]

When he speaks, its out of envy. Trying to defend his.. Just let him make noise inside he knows…

Honda vs Lotus really?? The NSX ok s2000 he’s a wanta be….

Yeah I my thoughts too.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 37781

@Aerie when can we expect dyno results from your exhaust? I know you have an Evora chart, but three runs on an Emira with 1) Cat-back, 2) De-cat, 3) Full exhaust including headers would probably really help people give you more money.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Don’t forget the performance is based on the current set up so if you lose weight on the wheels or brake discs the calculation works out as saving 4 x the reduced weight compared to static weight reduction.
If you had the JUBU 440hp upgrade you also get the 7200 soft rev limit and a simply procedure to revert back to standard.
If you add the Jubu upgrade after doing everything on that mod list, you're going to have a stunner of a car. Their 440 upgrade assumes the rest of the car is stock. The Jubu upgrade feeding that car with those mods (including the added performance of the intake and exhaust) would probably be somewhere around 475 hp, so 3,072 (modded weight) / 475 = a weight-to-power (WtoP) ratio of 6.47. A 2023 C8 Z51 has a WtoP ratio of 6.91, just to give you an idea, and it's 294 lbs heavier than our theoretical modded Emira.

The nice thing about doing it this way, is you aren't putting any strain on the engine, or adding any heat issues. The increased performance isn't just punching more power through the drivetrain, it's the combination of a moderate increase in power along with adding lightness. At this point, you now have a car that goes and sounds like it looks. I don't know what the Jubu upgrade is going to cost, but added to the above list you're somewhere around $15k I'm guessing? That's not bad at all for the kind of performance you'll be getting as a result. And there's still carbon fiber upgrades possible, so you can still go further in the adding lightness department if you wish. Not bad.

Chris

Reaction score

View attachment 37781

I love the data-filled table. That's how I like to layout things too. Just a thought, you might have overlooked an area of weight loss. (Obviously, we have never met and this is tongue in cheek.)You need to factor your weight into the driving experience. You can't add lightness to your body, but losing weight will help our Emira's performance. I lost 50 pounds last year on the "Colin Chapman diet" getting ready for my retirement this June and thought about your post. Your cost per pound = $74.34, therefore, my waist loss equates to a savings of $3,716.88. Now I can use that savings to purchase parts that add lightness. ;)

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts