• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

General Electrical Issues

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Having now put on just over 1000 miles on the car, I'm fairly confident that its mechanically sound but there seems to be a considerable amount of electrical issues. Is this the experience of others? So far, this has manifested in my car as:

Parking brake and the reverse camera stopped working for a couple of days and then started again
Rear lid wouldnt release at all
Stopped the car, opened the boot, closed the boot, locked the car = both windows dropped down to full open

So far, they've all been one of occurrences, which is frustrating because how do you explain/show to a dealer what needs to be repaired.

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Having now put on just over 1000 miles on the car, I'm fairly confident that its mechanically sound but there seems to be a considerable amount of electrical issues. Is this the experience of others? So far, this has manifested in my car as:

Parking brake and the reverse camera stopped working for a couple of days and then started again
Rear lid wouldnt release at all
Stopped the car, opened the boot, closed the boot, locked the car = both windows dropped down to full open

So far, they've all been one of occurrences, which is frustrating because how do you explain/show to a dealer what needs to be repaired.
I recommend using your phone and record the issues so that you can show the dealer exactly what happened. It might be bothersome, but you need video proof to show your dealer (especially if your issues are sporadic).

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I recommend using your phone and record the issues so that you can show the dealer exactly what happened. It might be bothersome, but you need video proof to show your dealer (especially if your issues are sporadic).
Difficult to do, as the OP states they were one of occurances. Your camera would need to be in a state of constant on.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Poor battery capacity and/or voltage can cause odd electrical issues. Worth putting the battery on a charger or conditioner overnight as a first step.

There have been some reports of cars diagnosed with wiring loom issues. There have usually been multiple symptoms and no obvious pattern.

Some have resulted in loom replacement, which is a big job, and others have rejected the car and been given a replacement.

I’d heard the diagnosis might be that some looms were manufactured or stored incorrectly and had water damage internally.

If you can’t do pics or video then at least keep a detailed diary of issues so the dealer can review.