• 30 - 40 years old

• 40 - 50 years old

• 60 - 70 years old

• 70+ years old

• 50 - 60 years old

Results are only viewable after voting.

Persad12

Reaction score
I suspect there are plenty of people in the mid 20s age bracket in the woodwork somewhere round here. Quarter life crisis? 😅

Aren't we all!
lol not crisis. was actually debating about buying a alfa 4c or exige, then test drove an evora 400 then right before i brought it the emira was announced so placed a deposit on that instead. always been a fan or alfa romeo and lotus

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
27 here, always loved cars and so putting perhaps more effort than I should into getting a fantastic driving and engaging ICE car before everything goes electric. Plenty of time to save for other stuff later, but a definite time limit on one of these!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’d propose after you have got the car and not before, you are new to this marriage lark. It’s Easier to seek forgiveness then ask permission 😜
I'm incredibly suspicious of how well the "i'm buying a sports car" thing is going down with my other half... there are only two possible explanations: she is up to something, or she is tucking this away as ammo so that she can get up to something later 🤔

DQ13

Reaction score
31 here, but will be 32 by the time the car is delivered. I have a Golf R as my current only car, and have been contemplating between a GT4 and Evora to add as a second car. I have always loved Lotus, and couldn't stop staring at the Emira on launch so it made it an easy option!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
We’d call that kingdom of girl a keeper in the Uk.
I'm incredibly suspicious of how well the "i'm buying a sports car" thing is going down with my other half... there are only two possible explanations: she is up to something, or she is tucking this away as ammo so that she can get up to something later 🤔
Or is going to ask for a big pressie

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
27 here, always loved cars and so putting perhaps more effort than I should into getting a fantastic driving and engaging ICE car before everything goes electric. Plenty of time to save for other stuff later, but a definite time limit on one of these!
That's pretty much my philosophy, I don't need a particularly practical car, my partner's car is practical, I can go for something silly and sporty now, and sort all the sensible life stuff out later once we are forced not to drive ICE cars anymore

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
What a mixed bunch we are!

Just shows the broad appeal of such a stunner!

I'm 42.always loved cars. But always been too focused on the more sensible places for my earnings! That changed at about 35 when my wife suggested if I ever wanted to get my boyhood dream, it was now or never! 1 week and 1 test drive later a 430 was on the drive! Now I get the joy of speccing a new car of this calibre... I'm so glad there aren't that many choices to make!

Been a real pleasure joining this forum!

Quantox

Reaction score
Wow, big admission here, I'm 72, (am I the oldest?, the girlfriend is much younger) always loved Lotus, I've built and driven many Elan's / Europa's but never owned one. Too many boring company cars in the meantime. This will be a keeper and my current 440i MPPSK I'll give to my son, he's lusted after it ever since I bought it. but he'll have to wait to get his hands on the Emira.
Cheers
Colin

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
From about the age of 20 to around 3 years ago i had completely lost interest in cars. Instead I got in to sailing boats (24'/36'/42') from about 30 .... then and after 15 years throwing money at this hobby I suddenly found an interest in cars again. I bought a Abarth 124 Spider (a cheap way to test the water), then an F-Type V6 ps340 (ECU Mapped to 400)... now the Emira which will be the most expensive car I've ever bought!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
31 here, but will be 32 by the time the car is delivered. I have a Golf R as my current only car, and have been contemplating between a GT4 and Evora to add as a second car. I have always loved Lotus, and couldn't stop staring at the Emira on launch so it made it an easy option!
Keeping my MK7 GTI as a daily! We have a '20 GLI too.. Not sure how I'm justifying keeping both AND adding an Emira (especially since I work from home and rarely drive anyway), but I just love my GTI. Such a versitile, fun, and reliable vehicle. 37MPG isn't bad either! It'll be fun to go to our VW track days in the Emira too. 😉

OP
E

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've always been a very conservative/frugal spender throughout my adult life and never really splurged on any lavish purchases, with no expensive hobbies. My financial advisor would classify me as a "responsible spender".

Always loved sports cars, but I always settled for the more "cost-effective", "practical", or "conservative" vehicles and never drove anything "special". I've always admired the Lotus brand due to its exclusivity and performance. So, I've been window shopping for a used Evora for the last 5 years, but too cheap to pull the trigger.

Now in my mid 40's and living comfortably, I recognize that we only live once! I decided to step out of my own shadow and I'm pulling the trigger on the Emira!

If this isn't a sign of a mid-life crisis, I don't know what is! lol

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think Covid and the last two years have prompted a lot of people to think about what matters to them. And maybe not to put off doing things until “someday”.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just turned 31 myself. I've been a car enthusiast my whole life and recently decided that your passions should be enjoyed while you're young and healthy if possible. Many fond memories they will hopefully make.

I feel very fortunate to comfortably afford such a luxurious purchase at my age.

DQ13

Reaction score
Keeping my MK7 GTI as a daily! We have a '20 GLI too.. Not sure how I'm justifying keeping both AND adding an Emira (especially since I work from home and rarely drive anyway), but I just love my GTI. Such a versitile, fun, and reliable vehicle. 37MPG isn't bad either! It'll be fun to go to our VW track days in the Emira too. 😉
It never hurts to have a few extra cars laying around! I also work from home, and have put hardly any miles on my Golf in the last few months (life 🙄), but hoping to change that here shortly.

Also 36mpg! I cannot say the same. Drove a quick two hour drive and back with a moderately light foot and averaged 22mpg on the drive. Granted it’s not stock….

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
It never hurts to have a few extra cars laying around! I also work from home, and have put hardly any miles on my Golf in the last few months (life 🙄), but hoping to change that here shortly.

Also 36mpg! I cannot say the same. Drove a quick two hour drive and back with a moderately light foot and averaged 22mpg on the drive. Granted it’s not stock….

Hm.. Mines not stock either (Uni S1+), but I suppose the awd R is a little different. My S2+ STi averaged ~22-23mpg.

Golfer1971

Reaction score
I became 50 last year. So still another 50 to go! 😎
I tried to get something special for my 50th anniversary, but I still need to wait until my Emira will arrive. I guess it also will be late for my 51st anniversary in June … unfortunately! 😏

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've always been a very conservative/frugal spender throughout my adult life and never really splurged on any lavish purchases, with no expensive hobbies. My financial advisor would classify me as a "responsible spender".

Always loved sports cars, but I always settled for the more "cost-effective", "practical", or "conservative" vehicles and never drove anything "special". I've always admired the Lotus brand due to its exclusivity and performance. So, I've been window shopping for a used Evora for the last 5 years, but too cheap to pull the trigger.

Now in my mid 40's and living comfortably, I recognize that we only live once! I decided to step out of my own shadow and I'm pulling the trigger on the Emira!

If this isn't a sign of a mid-life crisis, I don't know what is! lol
I too am like your good self, I’ve always been brought up to work hard and if you can’t afford to buy it cash then you wait until you can. I’m now 56 and in a position to buy a new car ( first time) and this will be my biggest expenditure, other than my house, so it’s a big decision on getting it ‘just right’ which made choosing the colour difficult. It’s an expensive beast but you only live once and we’re the lucky ones to have lived long enough to afford such an extravagance