• 40 - 50 years old

• 60 - 70 years old

• 70+ years old

• 50 - 60 years old

Results are only viewable after voting.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes,but I am an idiot who lives for the moment.
I Don't drink
I Don't buy fancy things
I'm a hermit because I spend my money on what I enjoy-Cars 😍

Similar situation here. Reasonable mortgage, work remote, and don't drink or have a taste for expensive clothes/jewelry (neither does my wife thankfully).. I just love cars and know you only live once! Gotta do what brings you joy, right? I have countless hours obsessing over this Emira and have enjoyed chatting with dozens of you strangers and learning everything I can about Lotus. Time spent enjoyed is never time wasted!

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm in a similar camp too. I have reached a point where such a purchase is feasible for me and it's probably the only really extravagant purchase I have ever made. Although, I guess my screen-accurate Darth Vader costume falls into this category... Let's call it the second extravagant purchase. :D

To properly date myself here I will share a picture of my first British sports car - my high school ride - purchased used but only a few years old. Man, I had fun in that car - but the Emira is going to rock my world. Wait - maybe I'm on my 3rd extravagant purchase... Nevermind. :)

1643140691056.png

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm 41.

BUT I ordered the Emira when I was 40 (my birthday month is towards the end of the year).

Does that count as still being in the "30-40" group? :D

In all seriousness, for me, sports cars are my ultimate hobby and true love; been a car nut since I was 3 years old (in old family photos I'm always shown holding a Hot Wheels/Matchbox car in each hand).

Other than my mortgage, I don't drink, don't buy tons of random things, live minimally, (but for the things I DO want/need I tend to just get the best I can) and habitually save more money than I pull in since my parents raised me at a young age to always be mindful of every dollar you earn.

Still not married yet, but I'm proposing to my girlfriend this year. :oops:

This is quickly becoming my favorite place to be, because everyone is so well mannered, polite, and considerate.

Great to be part of this community.

Last edited:

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm 30 and sadly I kinda feel the urge to buy these kind of cars while they still exist, so I have to make some kind of compromise in other hobbies to be able to afford them. I'm still very fortunate tu be able to afford such a car at all tough.
Good for you
I'm in a similar camp too. I have reached a point where such a purchase is feasible for me and it's probably the only really extravagant purchase I have ever made. Although, I guess my screen-accurate Darth Vader costume falls into this category... Let's call it the second extravagant purchase. :D

To properly date myself here I will share a picture of my first British sports car - my high school ride - purchased used but only a few years old. Man, I had fun in that car - but the Emira is going to rock my world. Wait - maybe I'm on my 3rd extravagant purchase... Nevermind. :)

View attachment 2663
did you have fun in the car because it was always parked up waiting for a recovery truck? 😜

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Good idea! Needs a couple of other options:
  • Young at heart
  • Mid life crisis
These are not mutually exclusive with the other options!

:)
Young at Heart yes. Mid life crisis NO i have had a mid life crisis since I was 35 :ROFLMAO:
The way things are going with delivery of the Emira FE I may hit the 70 group by the time it arrives.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good for you

did you have fun in the car because it was always parked up waiting for a recovery truck? 😜
Yeah, I will confess to having more than my share of roadside stories, including an epic debacle having an alternator crap out on I-95 in Lumberton, North Carolina and another involving an emergency brake job in my brother's base housing driveway at the Marine Corps Air Station in Beaufort, SC. But those were offset by many, many very happy hours zipping around country roads with the top down. Sometimes you have to suffer for your art. :)

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm 41.

BUT I ordered the Emira when I was 40 (my birthday month is towards the end of the year).

Does that count as still being in the "30-40" group? :D

In all seriousness, for me, sports cars are my ultimate hobby and true love; been a car nut since I was 3 years old (in old family photos I'm always shown holding a Hot Wheels/Matchbox car in each hand).

Other than my mortgage, I don't drink, don't buy tons of random things, live minimally, (but for the things I DO want/need I tend to just get the best I can) and habitually save more money than I pull in since my parents raised me at a young age to always be mindful of every dollar you earn.

Still not married yet, but I'm proposing to my girlfriend this year. :oops:

This is quickly becoming my favorite place to be, because everyone is so well mannered, polite, and considerate.

Great to be part of this community.
I’d propose after you have got the car and not before, you are newsto this marriage lark. It’s Easier to seek forgiveness then ask permission 😜

Last edited:

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’d propose after you have got the car and not before, you are newsto this marriage lark. It’s Easier to seek forgiveness then ask permission 😜
LOL, great suggestion!

But I lucked out - my girlfriend understands my hobby and fully supports me enjoying it. :)

Good luck on the proposal! Make sure to get the Emira in the wedding photos. ;)
Thank you! I'll be sure to do that when the time comes!

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
LOL, great suggestion!

But I lucked out - my girlfriend understands my hobby and fully supports me enjoying it. :)

Thank you! I'll be sure to do that when the time comes!
That was going to be my advice...find a girl who loves cars (or understands your passion) as much as you do. Sounds like you got a good one! 😉

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
But I lucked out - my girlfriend understands my hobby and fully supports me enjoying it.
Congrats! And make sure to show the same understanding and support for her hobbies, or you will quickly find yourself in a very difficult situation! ;)

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
33 and busting my ass since I was 18 so its been a long time coming. Bought 1 of my dream cars already and now onto the 2nd. Yes I could have bought more Tesla stock but we are all gonna die soon. Life is meant to be enjoyed

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
33 and busting my ass since I was 18 so its been a long time coming. Bought 1 of my dream cars already and now onto the 2nd. Yes I could have bought more Tesla stock but we are all gonna die soon. Life is meant to be enjoyed
Hardwork brings its rewards